SAU Community

R32 Gtst Sounds Like A Wrx After 3Mins Of Driving

sxwpn

Hi recently bought a r32 gtst and ran into a problem when i drive the car for the first time in the morning or evening etc, it will run fine for 2mins but after i start hitting boost and reving around 5k itl start missing and eventually transform into a wrx with hardly any power heaps of miss. I pull the sparkies out and sanded them there all good put them back and still doing the same please some help realy appreciated need a cheap fix

creating 3 threads about the same fault in 1 day isnt going to get you an answer quicker...it much easier for us to help if all the info is in the same spot

I think one of your coil packs is dropping out. I've heard of that. Drive the car until it does it, pull over and pull coil pack leads off one at a time (replacing it if it DOES make a difference to the idle or even stalls) and when you pull one off that makes no difference what so ever, that coil pack or something to do with that cylinder is stuffed. I'd try the coil pack first though. A second hand one would be about $50 from the right wrecker. A whole set of coils will be about $300 from eBay (yellow jacket coil packs are great value)

Hope this helps.

check your afm, i had the same sort of problem in my 33, the afm was dry jointed. All you do is cut the silastic off the top cover, pull off the metal shielding then touch up the solder joints between the plug input and the cct board. Took my about 15min and fixed it straight away.

When an RB sounds like a WRX it means it is only running on 5 cylinders. Therefore one of your cylinders is not firing.

As has been said above. Disconnect one coilpack at a time, the coilpack that doesn't change the engine note is the one that isn't firing.

i had the same problem, not only check your coil packs, but check your injector plugs. the clip on one of mine was broken so kept falling off. i put it back on, drove 2 minute down the road and it fell off again. worth a check