SAU Community

How Much Should I Be Paying For A Mint Condition Imported R33 Series 2

SDUCTV33

Hey guys im currently looking into importing an R33 because everyone that i have looked at in SA are pieces of thrashed crap so im taking the path of importing, how much do you guys think is suitable to pay for a landed and complied R33 Series 2 GTS-T Skyline?

Cheers

not worth importing a 33 GTSt these days.

japan side FOB costs $1,200

broker fee $1,000

Freight cost $1,800

AQIS, customs, clearing costs $600

AQIS cleaning $200

towing from port kembla to workshop (if in NSW) $200+

compliance $2,000-$2,500

rego and CTP and blue slip $1,000

service, fluids, incidentals $500

total approx $8,750

That leaves you with $1250 to spend on the car. that is just on 100,000JPY. not much money to spend on the car is it? My estimates are a little conservative in some areas (ocean freight is a bit cheaper now since billed in USD) but that's the basic idea. probably need things like a new battery as they die after a few months with no use. and this is assuming the car is perfect and you don't have to spend any money on fixing anything. that's a big assumption for a 15 year old car...

seriously, there are so many R33 GTST in aus already. and the market for them is pretty depressed. I would buy one here.

lol, I don't know anyone who'd go to the trouble of importing a '33 GTS-T, so many examples here to choose (and cheaper.) If you're having trouble in SA start looking interstate.

ive looked and loooked at majority that are on carsales and i wasnt to impressed the amount of boosted shit boxes out there, and the price tag of 15grand for a mint one that was here in SA is way to much for one of these cars, how much could you get me one for iron chef?

As much as everyone says against importing....

I see some bloody nice ones right now on yahoo japan ;)

And for what it's worth I imported a Soarer.... In 2010....

..... Yup.... A Soarer ...

I'll go to the trouble if someone wants one, their money is as good as anyone else's! :nyaanyaa:

Haha, you know I meant that I don't know anyone silly enough to want to import a '33 when there's so many locally.

Importing is only a better option when you can't find exactly what you want here. Otherwise it's far more of a risk, at least you can sit in the car and drive it yourself buying locally.

As I said... Yahoo Jp is a great place to look...

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g100907707

Gtst 25 typem

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h151226022

Cheap... Looks nice... Has sunroof

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f100949339

Needs a steamclean on interior... But aside from that... I would hit that

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w58912707

Pull Greddy graphics off and the Gtr badge and you have yourself a very nice gtst

i payed 15 for mine, i didnt import it, but im the first local owner. but it was hard.. i only found 2 out of the 7 i looked at that i liked at all. the last was the one i went for. the rest...well most were just plain scary. and all around the same price. just hang out man, the right one will come along local.

post-62717-0-29698200-1299938116_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I know of a certain series 2 that will be for sale soon,

Interior is like new and mechanically excellent 122,000kms

pretty much stock except for volk rims, full 3 inch exhuast, new split fire coil packs, aftermarket front bar and wing

Body has a few scratches and marks

even throw in an after market cooler, bov and air filter :thumbsup:

Edited by GTR_JOEY

hmmm

right brokers can direct you in the right way

why would anybody pay 1600 for broker fees/customs clearance?

like seriously.

what do japan export agents actually charge 1000 aud for writing up a edn to send out with the vehicle?

or doing a standard declaration ( obviously ud need to obtain a permit ) in aus will land u that in fees.

we do large brands that import here.

if they were paying that much for each car they wouldnt imports 100's of cars a day. hence why im still in a job.

the rate at ppl that go oHh nah thats to much fuss i rather just buy it here from some guy thats imported it and thrashed it.

just find a good agent over there and have it shipped.... customs clearing the vehicle isnt hard...

the duty is 5% now too!

Edited by zayd687

Oi zayd man can you import me a car then?? I want a jzs161 aristo..

Aristo started coming out in 1996 so they should be easy to import now they're 15 years old cos of the 15 year rule yeah?

Gimme a ring we'll talk man you seem to know your stuff

Ps my mate just got a xu1 torana for 4000$ bro is that a good price? Let me know

hmmm

right brokers can direct you in the right way

why would anybody pay 1600 for broker fees/customs clearance?

like seriously.

what do japan export agents actually charge 1000 aud for writing up a edn to send out with the vehicle?

or doing a standard declaration ( obviously ud need to obtain a permit ) in aus will land u that in fees.

we do large brands that import here.

if they were paying that much for each car they wouldnt imports 100's of cars a day. hence why im still in a job.

the rate at ppl that go oHh nah thats to much fuss i rather just buy it here from some guy thats imported it and thrashed it.

just find a good agent over there and have it shipped.... customs clearing the vehicle isnt hard...

the duty is 5% now too!

whilst I SEE what you are getting at (and yes I HAVE imported a car from NZ) most do not have the ways/means to do what you stated nor are they up to speed with the current regs that seem to change daily on certain cars.

if I was doing a car out of japan I would pay someone to do it for me. if I was doing one out of NZ I would fly over and do all of the leg work myself.

aware of the duty change. when I did mine it was 10% and that was quite a while ago (2002 to be exact.)

rohan

yep I would like one of those as well with a JZGTE in it..

actually find me a altezza gita - that should be a snap to bring in :P

• 1 month later...

not worth importing a 33 GTSt these days.

japan side FOB costs $1,200

broker fee $1,000

Freight cost $1,800

AQIS, customs, clearing costs $600

AQIS cleaning $200

towing from port kembla to workshop (if in NSW) $200+

compliance $2,000-$2,500

rego and CTP and blue slip $1,000

service, fluids, incidentals $500

total approx $8,750

That leaves you with $1250 to spend on the car. that is just on 100,000JPY. not much money to spend on the car is it? My estimates are a little conservative in some areas (ocean freight is a bit cheaper now since billed in USD) but that's the basic idea. probably need things like a new battery as they die after a few months with no use. and this is assuming the car is perfect and you don't have to spend any money on fixing anything. that's a big assumption for a 15 year old car...

seriously, there are so many R33 GTST in aus already. and the market for them is pretty depressed. I would buy one here.

Based on these figures, would you find it unrealistic to import a decent R32 GTR for the $13k-$14k mark?

I've seen a few R32 GTRs on yahoo auctions and j-spec going for around 400,000yen to 700,000yen (are these the complete nuggets?)