SAU Community

clutch helppp

nissanpower

jehahe thanks xrsist..

do you know anything about a squeaking noise when you turn on the car.. it makes this really high pitch squeaky sound a couple times after i turn on the ignition..

it made the sound abit before i got the clutch replaced.. but now after the new clutch it sounds worse

any idea?

Or it could be because the mechanic forgot to grease the thrust bearing properly. Does it make a very faint squeaking noise on idle? If so, the see what happens when the clutch is pressed. If it stops, then thats your problem.

I currently have this problem, and its b/c the mechanic didnt do this when he replaced the clutch

OK

I also have that stupid noise, it's 2 or 3 short squeeks, and it only even happens on cold mornings, or when the car hasn't been driven for a while.

I haven't been able to trace the source of it as yet, and its really getting on my nerves!!!

• 2 months later...

MT90 is kind of a grade below Lightweight. I say "kind of" because none are really worse than the other, they're just used for different purposes. I'm running Heavyweight in my gearbox because I had a moderate case of the crunchies.

Nissanpower, as for helping preserve your clutch, probably the best thing you can do that doesn't adversely affect your performance is to heel-and-toe your downshifts. Depending on your driving style this may be the most wear and tear you can save on your clutch. On top of that it's also a lot of fun (esp around corners), and your passengers will be impressed if they know anything about driving :)