Elder Scrolls 5 : Skyrim

KARPSTARR

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

also what is every ones character like? I have a Khajiit and am working on archery and sneaking with a little bit of illusion magic (seemed to fit in with the rest of the character) I am at the college of magic now but I hate it and cant see myself using much magic.

I'm Imperial... So predominately Hvy armour & Single/Double handed weapons. Also a nice gold bonus when searching, so I'm always mega rich so I've abused the wandering "trainer" people 5/5.

I got a block/strike ability that works awesome for most encounters.

- Put up the shield

- Walk over to attacker

- Bash then with the sheild which knocks them back.

- Then hack into them

REPEAT.

Works especially well in hallways when exploring mines/quests.

Once you get up close to even high level spell casters, they barely get a spell onto you so you absolutely smash them. Only issue sometimes is getting close as advanced guys have "frost" which slows you down massive. But i have a shield which reduces frost attacks so i get over to them with minimal damage.

Also have lvl 3 SHOUT for Unrelenting Force. Soooo handy...

- Knocks enemies to the FLOOR for 3-4 seconds

- Does Dmg as well.

So you use it and just bash the bejebus out of em even for big boss types on quests. :thumbsup:

Funnily though my Destruction level is 20 points higher than anything else. Mainly because of Dragurs, being weak as piss to Fire, I just double-handed flame them and they die in seconds, very handy on a lot of quests. Probably the best thing to upgrade early IMO.

I'm level 20-21 at the moment. Been basically walking/exploring the map heaps and talking to get quests.

Going to start tonight actually going through them all as I have around 35-40 outstanding and most of the major map points located so i can fast travel easily :)

your set up sounds good, I have a few regrets about mine I am having a lot of trouble with one particular Dumner in the first of the quests associated with the college of magic, I just cant hurt him, Though I do have a scroll that shoots a decent fireball and a bow and axe that sets things on fire so perhaps I will try all that on him. I have level 3 unrelenting force too...but it doesnt knock this guy down? Maybe it isnt level 3 after all

I sorta just stumbled across it with Destruction as low level flame as a destruction spell is shit.

BUT - I upgraded Destruction twice to the point of "dual cast", and spells are MUCH stronger. Chews magika faster, but its ok as enemies die fast as which is a better result when you have 5-6 enemies hurtling at ya.

A general "boss" tactic i use vs the Dragur Dreadlords especially is shoot 2 seconds/run, shoot 2 seconds/run. It's the only way to beat them as I simply cannot win hand-to-hand unless i have 11ty potions for H/S which gets annoying using all the time. Also works as the Fire spells still "burn" for a few seconds after so constantly hammering them with Fire i found was less effective. It just drained magika faster.

This tactic also works on Mammoths, Trolls & Dragons in close range ;)

Also high level Dragurs have their "power" hit. It'll often critially strikes you = instant dead even with shield. Hence no H-2-H unless i have allies with me to draw their attention.

For the Shouts: You have to hold it down and "charge" it. Pressing it does the first, Pressing for 2 seconds does the 2nd and holding it down until it releases does the "uber" one which sends shit flying like they are leaves :)

I sorta just stumbled across it with Destruction as low level flame as a destruction spell is shit.

BUT - I upgraded Destruction twice to the point of "dual cast", and spells are MUCH stronger. Chews magika faster, but its ok as enemies die fast as which is a better result when you have 5-6 enemies hurtling at ya.

A general "boss" tactic i use vs the Dragur Dreadlords especially is shoot 2 seconds/run, shoot 2 seconds/run. It's the only way to beat them as I simply cannot win hand-to-hand unless i have 11ty potions for H/S which gets annoying using all the time. Also works as the Fire spells still "burn" for a few seconds after so constantly hammering them with Fire i found was less effective. It just drained magika faster.

This tactic also works on Mammoths, Trolls & Dragons in close range ;)

Also high level Dragurs have their "power" hit. It'll often critially strikes you = instant dead even with shield. Hence no H-2-H unless i have allies with me to draw their attention.

For the Shouts: You have to hold it down and "charge" it. Pressing it does the first, Pressing for 2 seconds does the 2nd and holding it down until it releases does the "uber" one which sends shit flying like they are leaves :)

OHHHHHH thanks for the tip on the shout, I didnt know that, I can dual wield my flames too I think, so when I get home my plan will be, set him on fire with arrows until he gets closer, the try your flames then run method, will also see if I can knock him down with the shout and set him on fire with a few swings of the axe while he is down. Thanks for the food for thought!

Took me a lot of frustrating re-attempts to workout the best method for Dragurs lol.

Anything upto a level 4 Dragur - Melee is fine. Anything higher is flame/run technique.

Just google if you want to know the levels of creatures so you can easily tell which ones to ;)

So i carry a full Stell Armour suit and Apprentice Robes of Destruction - perfect for any situation.

also what is every ones character like? I have a Khajiit and am working on archery and sneaking with a little bit of illusion magic (seemed to fit in with the rest of the character) I am at the college of magic now but I hate it and cant see myself using much magic.

You don't have to use magic for the college quests. It's probably not worth doing them unless you are a mage character as the quest reward are magic related, although...

You get the Arch Mages room to live in which has alchemy/enchanting table, chests, bed etc. in it (looks good as well) as he dies as part of the college quests.

We do have "spoiler" tags you know :)

I've edited for ya haha.

But ye RE: Mage Guild Quests - Im not using Magic for half of them. Just bashing my way through for EXP/Enchanted items so i can buff my armour/weapons. So IMO they are quite handy to do even if you aren't Mage driven.

My main is currently level 43 (haven't done any of the main quest) with heavy plate, block, 1 handed weapons, smithing, enchanting and conjuration. Has put every single point into health and has nearly 600hp. With 100 heavy plate and all the perks, plus filled upgraded daedric armour, he's a f**king tank. I've also gone Brenton which grants 25% magic resist (or 75% with their ability for 60sec).

I'm going to remake though as a sneaker. Sneak attacks are so much fun. Going to play on the hardest difficulty focusing on dual wielding, and all the crafting abilities. A mate of mine has maxed alchemy, smithing and enchanting and has a one handed mace that does like 500 damage. You keep cycling the crafting abilities up. e.g. Make a potion that increases enchanting, enchant an items that increases alchemy, make another potion that further increases enchanting, etc, until you have potions/enchanted armour that increase smithing by like 300%. Then make stupidly strong daggers and go for the 30x backstab.

My main is currently level 43 (haven't done any of the main quest) with heavy plate, block, 1 handed weapons, smithing, enchanting and conjuration. Has put every single point into health and has nearly 600hp. With 100 heavy plate and all the perks, plus filled upgraded daedric armour, he's a f**king tank. I've also gone Brenton which grants 25% magic resist (or 75% with their ability for 60sec).

I'm going to remake though as a sneaker. Sneak attacks are so much fun. Going to play on the hardest difficulty focusing on dual wielding, and all the crafting abilities. A mate of mine has maxed alchemy, smithing and enchanting and has a one handed mace that does like 500 damage. You keep cycling the crafting abilities up. e.g. Make a potion that increases enchanting, enchant an items that increases alchemy, make another potion that further increases enchanting, etc, until you have potions/enchanted armour that increase smithing by like 300%. Then make stupidly strong daggers and go for the 30x backstab.

I have been focusing on making strong bows and have the perk where sneak bow attacks do 6x at this stage (I am only level 11 or somthing) that is lots of fun and pretty effective too.