SAU Community

Elder Scrolls 5 : Skyrim

KARPSTARR

lol at just turning up your weight capacity..........who needs to play a game as its given when you can justchange it to suit you????......

ME...im shit at games like this but love the exploring and having the sense that i have gone places no one has gone before (know its not true but it FEELS like it and im very good at suspending disbelief)

so where is this tilde key??

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got this game the other day, loving it so far - Fallout New Vegas's gameplay mechanics feel archaic in comparison!

Have only made it as far as Whiterun though, killing a couple of mammoth at level 7 with a bow although tedious was quite lulzy

As a power gamer, I can warn everyone that playing this game as a NON-Powergamer is far more entertaining. If you try to get the ultra best gear an ultra best strategies you can easily 'break' it and make the game way too easy (even on master)

Be warned before you hit that console key, or google for tips!

Good news, finally got rid of the vampyrism! and now am actually starting to enjoy the game. Am at a level 16 now and am mainly upping the stamina so i can carry heaps more.

Nismoid - i am now following your strategies, ie get smithing up then buy the house. I have a bucket load of dragon scales etc which i want to put to use but they weigh so much.

Have now got a follower, had to pay the b*tch $500 to come with me, kinda like a glorified prostitute really, but she carries a bit of stuff and she is good with her hands... just like a prostitute :-)

Have joined the thieves guild and have completed a couple of jobs for em. Has anyone joined the companions?

I am starting to lose track though of the main quest as there is sooo many side quests.

Last question - did you guys go heavy or light armour? and are your smithing selections based on heavy items as well? or light stuff? I am primarily hoping to be an archer so trying to figure out if it is best going heavy or light armour?

there are free folowers, if you've killed the whiterun dragon you can get lydia to follow you around, she does a decent job.

before that i had faendal? the elf guy from riverwood or someplace or rather, he also gave me free archery training action-smiley-069.gif

i just like them for carrying stuff around.

and lol same! i dont even know what the main quest is anymore, ive done far too many side quests. im doing the companion quests

the quests are alright but they make you travel alot rant.gif but im just lazy and hate walking about skyrim lol

Good news, finally got rid of the vampyrism! and now am actually starting to enjoy the game. Am at a level 16 now and am mainly upping the stamina so i can carry heaps more.

Nismoid - i am now following your strategies, ie get smithing up then buy the house. I have a bucket load of dragon scales etc which i want to put to use but they weigh so much.

Have now got a follower, had to pay the b*tch $500 to come with me, kinda like a glorified prostitute really, but she carries a bit of stuff and she is good with her hands... just like a prostitute :-)

Have joined the thieves guild and have completed a couple of jobs for em. Has anyone joined the companions?

I am starting to lose track though of the main quest as there is sooo many side quests.

Last question - did you guys go heavy or light armour? and are your smithing selections based on heavy items as well? or light stuff? I am primarily hoping to be an archer so trying to figure out if it is best going heavy or light armour?

You may want to sell off some dragon bones and scales as you dont actually need that many to make the dragon armor.(you need 13 scales and 6 bones for a full set of heavy armor, that includes chest, boots, gauntlets, helmet and shield)

I also joined and completed the companions quests. you get a bad ass axe at the end. Im up to the last thieves quest but am not completing it as it involves you returning a certain artifact that i find very helpful.

I got my smithing up to 100. spent a fortune doing it, buying leather strips and iron ingots from all over the place. Never enchanted them before i sold them so i'd spend almost 1000 gold on resources and sell the daggers for just over 100. Lost a lot of money.

Edited by alex182

ok then next question, do followers give away your sneak attacks? eg do they have the same capabilities in sneakiness as what i do?

Nope.

As long as you are far enough away, and in sneak... If you shoot your follower will just stand behind and wait.

one of mine got absolutely destroyed in the first dungeon you go to at riverwood - forgot its name

the trap door swung and my follower got thrown inside the wall or something :| dissappeared completely - i had to load from last save point. lol.

Once you get 5,000 gold for the house in Whiterun there's a little trick you can do to get the house for free and all the decorations - It's not a glitch either.

Once you get 5,000 gold for the house in Whiterun there's a little trick you can do to get the house for free and all the decorations - It's not a glitch either.

Don't suppose it might work for the other buy able houses?

Yeah you can, I did it for the Proudspire Manor which is 25k lol.

If you want to get the house for free you have to have the gold the house is worth i.e. if the house is 25k gold you need to have 25k gold. So what you do is go to the person selling the house and say you'll take it then as soon as you click that option quickly cancel and stash your gold in a nearby chest/wardrobe etc. You'll get the house but none of your money will be taken. Then simply open the chest you put your gold in and there it is :)

Make sure you save beforehand because you need to be pretty quick.

Edited by Dani Boi

Yeah you can, I did it for the Proudspire Manor which is 25k lol.

If you want to get the house for free you have to have the gold the house is worth i.e. if the house is 25k gold you need to have 25k gold. So what you do is go to the person selling the house and say you'll take it then as soon as you click that option quickly cancel and stash your gold in a nearby chest/wardrobe etc. You'll get the house but none of your money will be taken. Then simply open the chest you put your gold in and there it is :)

Make sure you save beforehand because you need to be pretty quick.

thank you. It works the same for house upgrades?

thank you. It works the same for house upgrades?

Yeah it does. I did it the other day... just do exactly the same as buying the house, and hide the gold.

Here's a cool vid on how to do the free house thingy