SAU Community

Elder Scrolls 5 : Skyrim

KARPSTARR

i think i've made a mistake. from what i've read, most of the weapons u get in guild quests are "levelled items". as someone who felt the need to do all companion quests and am up to the last thieves quest after doing like 5 main quests (the last one i did was when i found that big wall that told my prophecy as a super duper dragon pwner), i now am a level 14/15 with these really cool weapons that will become drastically underpowered later in the game.

Are all unique weapons "levelled"?

Are there any weapons that arnt levelled, maybe from missions you have to be a certain level to unlock

Ya haven't made a mistake. All items are "levelled" what that means is as you progress levels the stats on the items will increase. This applies to both weapons and armour so don't worry about it :)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya haven't made a mistake. All items are "levelled" what that means is as you progress levels the stats on the items will increase. This applies to both weapons and armour so don't worry about it :)

ah right thanks for that. I thought that the stats of the weapons what ever level you get them at stays the same.

Thankfully thats not the case, thanks

yeah there are tons of weapons and armour and you continually find one thats better imo .. but im still near the start (whiterun) lol :P

I never buy any weapons/armour, just use loot and quest rewards :)

The only reason weapons get "better" as you go, is because you level.

You get access to elven, ebony, daedric etc. Each weapon type being more stronger than the last.

Best 5 tips IMO:

1. Buy a house in whiterun - $5000 (need to do the Jarls quests). Means you can store stuff easily like Dragon Scales/Bones. They weigh heaps even with a follower.

2. Get smithing up as early as you can. Even if it means spending all your money on leather & leather strips. Or walk around killing bears/wolves (this can take a while). Once you smith items, improve them, then sell it. This will not only level smithing fast, but also speech. Later in the game you'll make more money as a result. You don't even need to "level" the perks.

3. Any magical item, disenchant them soon as you can (gets free/easy levels & perks).

4. Get a follower, and give them armour & melee weapons only. Get them to follow you and suddenly clearing mines/quests is 30-40% faster simply by having an extra pair of hands

5. Don't bother with a horse. YES it takes a while to walk to places sometimes, but doing so will aid you MUCH later on in the game when you can Fast Travel to anywhere on the map.

Ye they can. You are probably doing what a mate of mine was doing.

Picking up everything in every mission/quest/mine etc. You simply don't need to.

Only pick-up the final battle items and that's about it. Otherwise you'll only clear 1 mine for example and be full.

Where i'll clear maybe 4-5 mines/quests easily and then go sell off all my stuff. Thats usually with 1-2 dragons as well

hit the ~ tilde key to open commands

type in.... player.setav carryweight 10000

you've then changed your carry weight from 200 to 10,000 :)

I have a habit of picking up everything, ie books, food, potions, scrolls, armour, weapons, clothes, etc.

Selling it all can take a while though

you can also type in a command for more gold - player.additem F 100000 - gives you 100,000 gold coins

Find the steed stone. Unless you're actively working on increasing skills, its the best stone in the game IMO. It makes armor you're wearing weigh nothing (daedric is like 200 by itself), allows you to run like you're wearing nothing, and grants you an extra 100 inventory.

im playing on ps3 so cant just boost inventory space haha

i generally try to only pick up stuff with better weight:value ratio lol action-smiley-069.gif

n thn quick transport to whiterun n sell to the blaksmith lady right there thn back to the next place haha

oh god, must admit .. havnt even found a single standing stone lol. i am a failgamer

Yeah just google it if you must :P

Basically anytime i see something appear on the map I've not been to before, i go there.

I don't neccesarily clear it however (like a fort, giant camp etc). Just go close enough to "trigger" it for later as a quest leads there eventually.

has anyone with the PS3 version been suffering from the glitches i've been reading about on the web, i.e. dropping frames and lagging. i'm keen to play this game but don't want to shell out money for a game that will potentially become unplayable down the track.

has anyone with the PS3 version been suffering from the glitches i've been reading about on the web, i.e. dropping frames and lagging. i'm keen to play this game but don't want to shell out money for a game that will potentially become unplayable down the track.

I've played 50 hours or so on the PS3 and have had no problems except for the rare freeze on the loading screen when going into a new area.

lol at just turning up your weight capacity..........who needs to play a game as its given when you can justchange it to suit you????......

yeah no issues here with the PS3, or for my little bro. combined about 130 hrs now.

easiest way to make money, lvl blacksmithing and enchanting is by making nothing but iron daggers, enchant them with your best enchant (Banish by far is the best if and when you find it) and sell them off slowly. turns a 5g dagger into a 700g dagger :)

Mine crashes alot, but i stopped autosave and it never freezes anymore :) just save it often!

money seems unimportant lol, ive never had to buy anything besides the house!

Apparently the glitches only occur on early model PS3s. A mate of mine had his game ruined because of it, he noe hates the game.