SAU Community

Good Program To Record On Pc?

MUZT3K

Hey guys i play alot of games on the PC and i just want a good free program that i can use to record what im playing on the pc so i can upload them onto youtube etc etc.

thanks heaps

the free version of fraps is not worth it. its much easier to just buy the $47 lifetime license.

also, you will need some form of video editing software, something like corel visual studio if you want fancy stuff. but i imagine windows movie maker might do the job. as the raw filesizes for the fraps recordings range from ~400MB for a 10sec clip, to 3.9GB for ~ 2min clip, so you'll need a good chunk of free hard drive space.

reason why they are so big is that the recorded files are raws ( i.e fraps does not have enough time to encode it) thats why you use the video editing software.

this was recorded with fraps. converted to .flv format in corel visual studio and uploaded to youtube.

total filesize for the above video was around 90MB if i remember corectly.

or this .mpg clip of Need For Spee d: Hot Persuit. the total fizesize is 151MB. but the original files were around 12GB. so i usually render in .mpg if i can.

http://hotfile.com/d...28nov2.mpg.html

Edited by liger

i use the free version of fraps and caught a team killer the other week in world of tanks

your very right with the raw file sizes being extremely large

i used corel Video studio to edit and also upload to my youtube seamlessly

the only problem with free fraps if it only records for 30secs then you have to press the record button again and miss a second of the action