SAU Community

GT-t Series 1 and 2

I've got a page bookmarked at home that shows every single change between the years on the 34s. Personally I think the series 2 is damn ugly, but some ppl seem to like it. There's no gap for a FMIC on the stock s2 it, which kind of sucks. The interior is also a bit 2-tone as well (e.g. steering wheel is white and black). So to me, the series 2 is a backwards step (although the 363Nm torque is quite nice :D)

Anyway, I'll post up the site later tonight when I get home from work.

Just adding on to what Skyline_Boy posted...

R34 Series 1 front bumper:

r34series1.jpg

R34 Series 2 front bumper:

r34series2.jpg

The interior of the Series 2 has alot more silver painted parts... the center consle and on the steering wheel for example. Demon Dave will be able to tell us exactly what the differences are (if he has time :D).

OK, I found that site. There's sort of a series 1.5, but there's also sort of a series 2.5, so it looks like Nissan kind of change parts whenever they felt like it.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...sedan/&lp=ja_en

On this site, go to

- R34 4 door laboratories

then

- R34 4 door vehicle items of information

From there you can see all the differences over the years. It's about sedans as that's what I'm after. You might be able to find a similar site about coupes, but they're not really what I'm interested in, so I never looked for them.

I should also say that I don't think the series 2 is a totally backward step, it's just that they changed some fairly major things in my eyes for the worse. I may end up getting a series 2 one day, but I'd have to change a fair bit for me to like it.

One thing I did notice though is that Nissan got quite cheap towards the end and started deleting certain parts to save the odd yen here and there e.g. no seatbelt guides in the S2, no real middle rear seatbelt, saving the 2c on paint for the engine cover and cigarette lighter writing, no lock on the glove box etc.