SAU Community

My bro got a R32 GTS-T wats INSUREENCE COST???

Yes we definetly are. When I was living in perth I had my car insured for an agreed value of 26k at 1200 per year... cant remeber what the excess was but it wasnt high either.

Most insurance companies in melb wouldnt insure me for any less than 2.8 - 3k at an agreed value of 20k! even tho Im 23 and have had only two minor traffic fines.

I can understand where their coming from based on the arguments already made so Im definetly not bitching about that what does get to me tho is the price difference between east and west.

Is it just me, or are eastern staters getting shafted on insurance?  

I pay 650 a year for full comp on my R32 GTSt, in Perth. Even have my mods listed on the policy.  

Red17

man that's so good... even for a 26 year old. higher theft rates and stuff here i guess.

i also got a quote for an r32 gtst from young and cool for an 18 year old $4900 + high excess...

i'm in melbourne: full comp. for an r32 gtst for me at 18 years old from just cars. $3200 + $1800 excess... this would last for 7 years (as they drop when you hit 25) ... so 7 years of over 3 grand = 21+ thousand ****ing dollars = more than the cars worth = **** that... rather buy 2.5 skylines ha ha ha

it doesn't work that way - your rating will increase each year without an accident, so your premium will drop each year even though you are under 25... once you hit 25 it will drop even lower.

Also Murray - where/who is your insurance with for your GTR?

im 21, rating 3, and my R32 gtst is insured through just cars for $16700 agreed value, i live in a pretty low risk suburb, and have never had a speeding fine or an accident. I paid $1700 this year.

Im putting my money on ur brother paying $3500-4000.

Plus when you turn 22 with just car ur excess drop by about $400, then at 25 it drops about another $400... I think I did it the good way, slowly getting in more powerful cars without having an accident building up NCB... because that is the bottom line. That is your proof to them that you are a lower risk than someone who is the same age but drives like a dickhead.

Only problem is insurance company's assume all 17yr old drive like dickheads :rofl: ino i was pretty reckless at 17, just lucky i only had the power of an Astron 2600 under my foot ('83 Mitsubishi Sigma), not an RB20/25. I know which one s more forgiving :D

it doesn't work that way - your rating will increase each year without an accident, so your premium will drop each year even though you are under 25... once you hit 25 it will drop even lower.

Point taken... but roughly how much does the premium drop assuming i'm not in an accident every year?

Till you hit a BMW and have to pay for the damages........

3rd party (i'd be paying the excess)... then i'll be paying for my own car.

Is it just me, or are eastern staters getting shafted on insurance?

I pay 650 a year for full comp on my R32 GTSt, in Perth. Even have my mods listed on the policy.

Red17

thats the same amount i pay per year for full comp for my sII r33 GTSt!!!! agreed value is 27.5k...!!! i cant believe how much some people are paying for insurance...

and i am in melbourne!!

i got quoted $5200 for my R32 GTST after having P's for almost 1 year (was nearly 19) and i live in the country :P ...this was just cars

MAYBE he should have researched into buying a R32 a little more

Jetdat,

Your age puts you in a different league to these guys that are like 19 - 21 who have been quoted stoopid amounts for insurance. Once you hit 25 it goes down dramatically and I think 30 is another huge drop.

Terry

Jetdat,

Your age puts you in a different league to these guys that are like 19 - 21 who have been quoted stoopid amounts for insurance. Once you hit 25 it goes down dramatically and I think 30 is another huge drop.

Terry

yeah thats true...i wasnt having a go at the boys....rather the insurance companies... i bought my line when i was 27...and i was rating 1...and i got quoted $1600 to $3500 from just cars depending on what time of the day i called!!!

unique cars were the best at $1650, but after many days of searching i ended up getting $850 from QBE...the following year premium went down to $650...

it pays to shop around....but my point is i dont trust those dodgy brothers insurance companies like just cars and unique farks...