SAU Community

My bro got a R32 GTS-T wats INSUREENCE COST???

hey guys my little bro got a R32 GTS-T , Hes 17 just got licence anyone no wat the insureance would be

I no mine is $1400 for my R33 GTR ,would have no idea wat it is for a GTS-T

:boinkcar: :stupid::starwars: :rave: :devil: :whip: :headshot: :sadam:

i'm in melbourne: full comp. for an r32 gtst for me at 18 years old from just cars. $3200 + $1800 excess... this would last for 7 years (as they drop when you hit 25) ... so 7 years of over 3 grand = 21+ thousand ****ing dollars = more than the cars worth = **** that... rather buy 2.5 skylines ha ha ha

i'm in melbourne: full comp. for an r32 gtst for me at 18 years old from just cars. $3200 + $1800 excess... this would last for 7 years (as they drop when you hit 25) ... so 7 years of over 3 grand = 21+ thousand ****ing dollars = more than the cars worth = **** that... rather buy 2.5 skylines ha ha ha

wtf!!! thats heaps man!!

looks like i'm going 3rd- party next year..

I have a R33 GTST and its $3000 for full comp insurance. I didn't have any previous insurance history. Ring Famous Classic Car Insurance.

Just a thought. I had a look at the comprehensive policy for Famous Classic Car Insurance and chose against it because although they will insure your car at an agreed value, it says in the policy that if your car gets stolen or is damaged beyond repair, they will pay you either the "agreed value" or the "current market value" WHICHEVER IS LESS.

A nasty trap that some insurance companies lay.

Till you hit a BMW and have to pay for the damages........

Look at it this way.

He is either a very careful driver, never speeds, never drag races, and is not going to smash up his car. If that is that case he does not need any insurance.

If he is a bit of a hoon, planning on hotting up his car and having fun in it, he is almost a certainty for a prang. Insurance companies know this too well, and either will not insure him. or make sure they are going to be very well rewarded for taking the risk.

If he does fork out the big dollars and writes it off, expect the insurance company to do everything they can to get out of paying up. This is easy if he is drunk, breaks the law in any way, or has modified his car. Read the fine print on the policy and be surprised at what it actually says.

Best bet is to just put five grand away in the bank. At least you know the bank are not going to tell you to piss off when you go to draw it out again.

Another way to look at it is, get five of your mates and each put up four grand. The first one to write off his car gets the lot. Would you trust five of your mates never to have an accident ? Why not ?

Most 3rd party property + fire and theft ONLY cover fire and theft upto a certain amount ($5000 or so i think) so while it does not leave you completely open to some low life scum car thief to screw u over, $5000 is by no means a new R33/R32/any high performance sports car.

Another way to look at it is, get five of your mates and each put up four grand. The first one to write off his car gets the lot. Would you trust five of your mates never to have an accident ? Why not ?

very good analogy! its basically how the system works... and why insurance premiums are so high. Why drivers who have had 10 years driving experience and no accidents are still paying well over $1000 for the privelege, then you have to wonder though. Effectively we're subsidising those that do have crashes. And they wonder why when a young guy on here has an "incident" some of the older guys jump on their case.

and like nmcmahon83 correctly says.. theft on a 3rd party policy will NOT cover full value of the car.

I am an old fart, I admit it, but I was young once, and know exactly how it is. And I am not trying to put anyone down.

The insurance companies are a business with only one thing in mind, to make money for themselves and their shareholders. They are not there to help you, or perform charity work.

Young drivers are a higher risk than old farts. That is a fact. It is also a fact that ANYONE is more likely to prang a high powered car than an underpowered slug.

So saying I am young, and have a high powered car, where can I get cheap insurance, is really a bit of a problem.

If I was an insurance shark, I would say sure, sign here young fella. Then when you prang. Sorry buddy, read the fine print you are not covered, read paragraph xxx clause yyy.