SAU Community

What Intank Pump Will Deliver The Most Flow? Nismo?

as long as you have a decent amount of fuel in your tank when going fast around corners and taking off real hard it shouldnt be a prob....

It's says 12mm bungs to allow various configs,

What size are most fittings/lines people using?

I'm sure it could be modified to suit bigger.

You'd need two if you were going serious e85 power, but then youd probably just have a conventional surge setup anyway,

Even two would be still quite manageable and neat I'd think though.

Edited by jangles

Read the info!!

Factory feed and return to tank,

Pump to rail, rail to surge.

How long would it take to completely empty 1l with an 044, plus 2m of line, with nothing returning to the surge?

It's designed for far smaller cars, but, It would be a far better option than just installing a pump by itself. It is never uncovered until zero fuel. 2xpumps paralleled would make it a 2l surge,

It's says 12mm bungs to allow various configs,

What size are most fittings/lines people using?

I'm sure it could be modified to suit bigger.

You'd need two if you were going serious e85 power, but then youd probably just have a conventional surge setup anyway,

Even two would be still quite manageable and neat I'd think though.

Dash 6 is the most common, dash 8 for some i think.

It's a well thought out little device, but yes as you said if you're E85 you'd have 2 pumps and a larger tank anyway.

This would suit anyone IMO who's on either E85 or pump fuel and around 350kw because they just dont need that extra pump.

Very good find!

How long would it take to completely empty 1l with an 044, plus 2m of line, with nothing returning to the surge?

Well depends on voltage and how wide the ID of the line is, but you'd be able to have a safe guesstimate of about 30 seconds based on 300lph and a big line ID (enough for 1.5L).

Are the surge tanks really nessesary, 2 nights ago I throught to myself I'm going to put a end to all this talk about surge tanks and test my setup.

Got some decent windy roads around my way, they all private of coarse.... So my tank was low, like the light was on and the needle only just on the E white line.

And I was into it, throwing it into the corners, coming out of them sideways foot flat, up too 140+ and back down to 40 around some of the bends...... Not 1 drop of surge, nothing it was like I had a full tank of fuel..... This is 330kw -5's on 98, but still it was a low tank.

I don't see the need for a surge tank in a street/track car.... And for a track car, just go buy a fuel cell.....

Keep it simple guys, less sht goes wrong.

I mean on the track you would make sure you have over 1/2 a tank in the car before each session, it's really not a hard thing to do, and 100% you'll have no issues....

• 9 months later...

Old thread bump here haha but I have my pierburg still not installed...I'm going to take the plunge and remove my surge tank with 044 and run this damn pump on its own, submerged in tank.

I kinda feel like I'm going backwards by removing my surge tank with 044 but I don't think I need this setup for ~350kw

Pierburg pumps are good, they are the only pumps that can pull fuel up a hose, which is why I use one as a fuel transfer pump for draining tanks.

A surge tank is not related to a particular power, it's how you drive, hard cornering and drag launches on less than half tank that require engine protection against fuel surge. I would leave the 044 setup unless you putt around town.

Old thread bump here haha but I have my pierburg still not installed...I'm going to take the plunge and remove my surge tank with 044 and run this damn pump on its own, submerged in tank.

I kinda feel like I'm going backwards by removing my surge tank with 044 but I don't think I need this setup for ~350kw

You said it yourself mate, you're going backwards. It's in there, it works, leave what isn't broken, alone!!!