7Th May - Gold Coast Gtr Club Meet/cruise

kymbo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? You didn't see anything? Fair play we're not all saints but there's a time and place for everything and launching off lights through the centre of Surfers is an easy way to perpetuate the typical Skyline hoon stereotype. I was a bit disappointed tbh. But to each his own I guess.

Really? You didn't see anything? Fair play we're not all saints but there's a time and place for everything and launching off lights through the centre of Surfers is an easy way to perpetuate the typical Skyline hoon stereotype. I was a bit disappointed tbh. But to each his own I guess.

I understand where you are coming from. IMO that typical skyline stereotype already exists so we didnt really do much different. people will always look at skylines that way. but i dont mind no hooning i cant keep up anyway :) Thats my opinion anyway. Sorry but i loved watching Kym Fly away from the lights. If the R35 had wings i think it can fly :) Love it.

And what about 2 meets a month? :) (now im asking for too much ? :) )

Was a great night. Thanks kym.

( If no-one else hooned then i wouldnt either( Thats what i was saying about hooning in my other post Meaning if everyone was on good behavier i wouldnt be the idiot that spoils it for everyone. But most people did so hey what do you do? You do it or you dont. Thats everyones own risk.

Edited by SNiPeR33

But most people did so hey what do you do? You do it or you dont. Thats everyones own risk.

What do you do? You turn around like we did. Or does it take a tourist on your bonnet to realise that shit is definitely not what SAU is all about?

Probably something to do with Kym launching in front of everyone, then everyone just follows suit.....or possibly the pep talk pre cruise where he told us all to race other turbo cars if they were to come next to us at lights - even if a cop car was next to us. I mean, I know this is in jest but cmon, we're not school kids any more.

Personally, I think it was a great run for the night.

However, everyone got a different definition for the word "fun" and so I think we should just keep it to our self.

The night have pass and so should we. Just hope there's a better experience for everyone on the next meetup.

From a sauqld perspective there wont be a "next meetup" What individual members do is their own affair but the club as a whole will not be making representation to this group again.

For those people from the area interested in keeping it in their pants The club runs a host of events where you can go nuts without risk of becoming tomorrow nights news item.

You know where to find us if you're interested.

From a sauqld perspective there wont be a "next meetup" What individual members do is their own affair but the club as a whole will not be making representation to this group again.

For those people from the area interested in keeping it in their pants The club runs a host of events where you can go nuts without risk of becoming tomorrow nights news item.

+123612736912784103. There are a few thats mature enough and as mentioned, the night was pretty disappointing. First and the last from me too.

As Noel said, do it in the right and controlled environment and not on the street where you might hit someone. You guys should be old enough to know this. What happens if someone does that, lost control and hit your boy besides the road? And there is no such thing as "That'll never happen".

Hey Noel I'm definitely keen to come to some of the events once I sell my 34 and get a 32.

I was chatting to Col and Scott bout it and sounds perfect.

But I'm just wondering if there are any events that happen closer to the Gold Coast?

Cheers.

Hey Noel I'm definitely keen to come to some of the events once I sell my 34 and get a 32.

But I'm just wondering if there are any events that happen closer to the Gold Coast?

Cheers.

Hey Jay. Start out with some of the social stuf while you still have the 34. That way you get to meet up with some of the club memebers, etc. There is Happy laps coming up on the 22nd. I know it's a bit of a hike for you, but it'll be worth it!

You'll be kept in the loop in regards t oupcoming events that are yet to be planned down your way.

Cheers.

Heres a list of the venues I know Jay.

circuits....Qld race way Ipswich. Lakeside raceway, Lakeside North bris.

Morgan park raceway, warwick.

Drag strip. Willowbank, Ipswich

Hill climb. Mt cotton and Noosa. Skidpan. Mt cotton

Ans so on etc etc. Do you see a pattern here. To my knowledge there are no venues on the goldy and theres bugger all we can do about it.

If its any consolation you have one of the best roads in the state to get to bris and in a lot of cases you are at least as close to the venues as brisbanites anyhoos.

I live in Ipswich so the willowbank complex is handy for me but you can get to lakeside, and mt cotton etc at least as fast as I can from where you are.

You have some of the best cruising roads in the state in your own back yard. The hinterland is a maze of nice driving scenic roads. You also have one of the most popular car hangout joints at the spit. Any given sunday sees a virtual parade of nice machinery cruising down that way.

Look around and make the most of what you have locally and join us when and where it suits for good times.

Heres a list of the venues I know Jay.

circuits....Qld race way Ipswich. Lakeside raceway, Lakeside North bris.

Morgan park raceway, warwick.

Drag strip. Willowbank, Ipswich

Hill climb. Mt cotton and Noosa. Skidpan. Mt cotton

Ans so on etc etc. Do you see a pattern here. To my knowledge there are no venues on the goldy and theres bugger all we can do about it.

If its any consolation you have one of the best roads in the state to get to bris and in a lot of cases you are at least as close to the venues as brisbanites anyhoos.

I live in Ipswich so the willowbank complex is handy for me but you can get to lakeside, and mt cotton etc at least as fast as I can from where you are.

You have some of the best cruising roads in the state in your own back yard. The hinterland is a maze of nice driving scenic roads. You also have one of the most popular car hangout joints at the spit. Any given sunday sees a virtual parade of nice machinery cruising down that way.

Look around and make the most of what you have locally and join us when and where it suits for good times.

Yeah true, I was referring to track days or skid pan days. I didn't think there were any tracks down this way but wasn't fully sure.

Thanks for the info :)

What do you do? You turn around like we did. Or does it take a tourist on your bonnet to realise that shit is definitely not what SAU is all about?

Probably something to do with Kym launching in front of everyone, then everyone just follows suit.....or possibly the pep talk pre cruise where he told us all to race other turbo cars if they were to come next to us at lights - even if a cop car was next to us. I mean, I know this is in jest but cmon, we're not school kids any more.

Your not wrong there. I apologise to SAU and all of its members on my behalf and hope to see you guys on a club cruise in the future. And i can assure you that i WON'T drive like that. It was just in the moment. Sorry guys.

post-75605-0-81567900-1305616755_thumb.jpg

Hey kymbo where are photos going to be uploaded? A link would be great :)

Hi Guy's, I finally have a chance to make contact and upload some pics. I am having trouble with that. I have to find a better way to scale down the memory. Also, My IPhone camera did a few 'whiteout' pics (Sorry SNipeR33, yours and mine).

Anyway. On the night everybody had a great time.

Regarding Hooning, as I said NONE allowed in or around the pit lane car park area. However, from time to time someone may lose control of there wallet and decide to have a brief squirt through a cash register?

As I have said in the past, if you get pulled over, it is your problem. And that includes myself!!!!!

It concerns me that, some attendees do not feel comfortable with some over exuberance, therefore I suggest we try and contain it as much as possible and save it for the track days, myself includedconfused.gif.

BTW, as I seem to recall the only brief bursts of acceleration were outside central surfers, on roads with bus lanes on the left with plenty of forward view. Anyway??!!

I was blown away by the fact that, we had over 25 cars at one point. With a great range of GTR's including R32, R33, R34 (Such a nice one too) & R35's. As well as a good compliment of other Nissan muscle.

We even had a few GTR lovers in an Evo, HSV R8, Supra's and I seem to recall a BMW?

THE NEXT CRUISE NIGHT IS SATURDAY THE 4th OF JUNE - SAME PLACE, SAME TIME - SEE YOU THERE!

BUT THIS TIME WE WILL END UP SOMEWHERE THAT HAS MORE THAN A DRIVE THROUGH OPEN TO GRAB A SNACK ETC.

PS, a few of us are going to the power cruise this Saturday at QR (Mercury Motor sport garage). Maybe see you there as well?

post-75605-0-66875000-1305616860_thumb.jpg

post-75605-0-60412800-1305616997_thumb.jpg

post-75605-0-81567900-1305616755_thumb.jpg

Hi Guy's, I finally have a chance to make contact and upload some pics. I am having trouble with that. I have to find a better way to scale down the memory. Also, My IPhone camera did a few 'whiteout' pics (Sorry SNipeR33, yours and mine).

Anyway. On the night everybody had a great time.

Regarding Hooning, as I said NONE allowed in or around the pit lane car park area. However, from time to time someone may lose control of there wallet and decide to have a brief squirt through a cash register?

As I have said in the past, if you get pulled over, it is your problem. And that includes myself!!!!!

It concerns me that, some attendees do not feel comfortable with some over exuberance, therefore I suggest we try and contain it as much as possible and save it for the track days, myself includedconfused.gif.

BTW, as I seem to recall the only brief bursts of acceleration were outside central surfers, on roads with bus lanes on the left with plenty of forward view. Anyway??!!

I was blown away by the fact that, we had over 25 cars at one point. With a great range of GTR's including R32, R33, R34 (Such a nice one too) & R35's. As well as a good compliment of other Nissan muscle.

We even had a few GTR lovers in an Evo, HSV R8, Supra's and I seem to recall a BMW?

THE NEXT CRUISE NIGHT IS SATURDAY THE 4th OF JUNE - SAME PLACE, SAME TIME - SEE YOU THERE!

BUT THIS TIME WE WILL END UP SOMEWHERE THAT HAS MORE THAN A DRIVE THROUGH OPEN TO GRAB A SNACK ETC.

PS, a few of us are going to the power cruise this Saturday at QR (Mercury Motor sport garage). Maybe see you there as well?

Somewhere with a open toilet would be good :)

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S ON AGAINyes.gif

REMEMBER, FIRST SATURDAY NIGHT OF EVERY MONTH.

AS BEFORE, 9PM, PIT LANE CAR PARK MAIN BEACH.

SEE YOU THERE!

KYM

Edited by kymbo

Another good night!

Those that attended, enjoyed the cruise. We had a good group of GTR's, GTS a very nice EVO and our friend in the R8. And we all decided to focus more on the sites than a heavy right foot. Only on two occasions did we dare accelerate briskly through to mid 2nd gear, until arriving at the posted speed limit.

The sites through Surfers and Broadbeach were certainly motivation enough to want to go VERY slow. and this time we ended up somewhere we could eat, get decent coffee and have a good old chat!

I will post some pics when I get a chance.

And might I add, not a single self righteous Bureaucrat or 3some.gifpious butt kisser in sight?

Anyway, life goes on. See you at the track.

And see you next month!