SAU Community

Beware On Roads- Goverment Giving Kyles Learners Permit

Kyles

Today i am finally going to get my learners.. ABOUT TIME HUH! For you who dont know my learners permit expired about a year and a 1/2 ago! :slap:

Ive got lots of money for lessons and im going to try and get it as soon as possable. The only thing that sucks though is the new system.

1. I have to first get my learners

2. driving test with an instructor

3. 25 hours experence driving in a car with an older driver.

4. sit a written test..

and volla.. P's. The 25 hours is going to be a killer though, so lets plan lots and lots and lots of cruzes after i do my driving test :rofl: and that way thoes 25 hours wont take long :rofl:

Anyone just been though this... let me know what the driving test is like and if they question the 25 hours?

So next cruze ill see u with L plates on troys skyline ... :D :kick:

I got my P's through this new system last year, the actual driving test was quite easy, didnt even test me on parallel parking or 3 point turns for some reason even though i learnt it thoroughly, dont know if this is general with all instructors or not.

25 hours wasnt too bad. I spent most of those hours in peak hour traffic and driving at night and rain. When i actually went to submit it, the lady at the counter just skimmed over the pages.. but yeh i know of a lot of people who simply just wrote down hours and not actually doing them. Not saying its a good thing, but yeh they got through it....

Now comes the hazard and perception test which is done on the computer. Just general road knowledge really, go through a video simulation and it will ask you to click the mouse to do certain actions. eg. Click the mouse button when you should slow down etc etc.

They give you a cd with some practise simulations to go through, pretty straight forward

stuff. Havnt heard of anyone failing this test yet, if you do anything wrong they just normally give you a print out with some areas you can work on judging by your results in the test.

Good luck with it all again! :D

Btw i think they are increasing the log book hours to 50 soon so its a good thing your doing it now.

Congrats on L's Kyles :rofl: Cant really say much about new system .... i went thru the old system and it was frighteningly easy ..... driving inspector took me around block and half way thru most of the exercises he goes "yeah, yeah you get the idea" ....no parking nothing .... 15 mins later i had my license and the roads havent been the same since :D

I was on a mine site (back on Leonora) doing vacation experience.

Drove the water truck around the stores twice and got my car and truck licence. Then got on the piss with the copper after work for a few hours.

I am an old bastard 'tho.

yer same I did my test early last year, and it was quite easy, the guy i did my lessons with new the test route soem how so every lesson, would just go do that, and when it came to the test it was quite...well easy, my 25hrs came up very quick, as i drove to training and back from claremont (is 25mins from mien) and so that was 50mins nearly 3-4times a week,

then the HPT, it was quite easy, and it is very hard to fail, you actually have to be very stupid to fail this (but i no someone who did) and well at the end they just give you a print up of what you should practise more of, now that you have got your license

so preety straight forward, good luck.

I've driven in every state in Aus and if the driving ability in general of West Australians is anything to go by then the test will be piss easy! No offence intended (there are some very good drivers in WA as well) but the general knowledge on road rules, simple merging of lanes, parallel/reverse parking and plain common sense driving is definitely lacking, and certainly the worst in Australia. They are passing a bill in WA to impound cars of reckless drivers soon.....I believe they should teach and test them a little better before they let them drive!!

cops are flying and Hell hath frozen over... everyone it's best we sell our lines now, that way we won't have any insurance hassles when trying to claim money after kyles "accidently" bumps us.

AHAHA

just jokes Kyles.... you go girl!!

Great so now you can drop troy off at work and pick him up after work! (Troy don't say i don't do anything for ya)

Thanks everyone .. but i guess it helps if i actually read the book before sitting the test. I am going to re-do it monday. Whopsy missed out by one... they dont get rid of me that easy. I have a book now. The questions i got wrong where because of the way they were written. Oh well.. Just means i wont get a driving lesson this weekend. Roads are saft around joondlaup untill monday :)

I was on a mine site (back on Leonora) doing vacation experience.

Drove the water truck around the stores twice and got my car and truck licence.  Then got on the piss with the copper after work for a few hours.

I am an old bastard 'tho.

sounds like my old man Gav

the copper picked him up from his house (this was the late 1950's) forgot his nite got dad to drive him up to the cop shop to pick up the pad. when they got there the cop was like yeah can drive lets just do the paper work and made walk home haha.

and the sacriest bit about kyles for me is the 'L's will be on my car and i know shes got a lead foot.