SAU Community

Bad Driveline Vibration

Ok so a couple of weeks ago i replaced the center tailshaft bearing on my r32 gts. Not thinking properly I forgot to mark the tailshaft so now i put it back on in the wrong position. So now it vibrates when I accelerate. I know I have to unbolt it and put it back on in the right position. Just wondering how many different ways it can go back on. it looks like just two ways (how lucky am I 50% chance of getting it right and I get it wrong lol). But the gearbox had been rotated when the drive line was removed (long story don't ask) will that make a difference on how the diff and gearbox are ballanced or can I just unbolt the tailshaft, rotate and bolt back on in the correct position?

Mate if you did the centre bearing and didn't mark it, I'm pretty sure it's about 22 splines. So there are that many different positions you can put it in. Good luck, it looks like you have a busy weekend ahead of you.

Oh and putting the uni back in the wrong position where it mates up with the diff USUALLY won't give you a vibration. The Nissan diffs are very accurate and don't have the high/low spots that old hilux and 9inch diffs had

Mate if you did the centre bearing and didn't mark it, I'm pretty sure it's about 22 splines. So there are that many different positions you can put it in. Good luck, it looks like you have a busy weekend ahead of you.

Oh and putting the uni back in the wrong position where it mates up with the diff USUALLY won't give you a vibration. The Nissan diffs are very accurate and don't have the high/low spots that old hilux and 9inch diffs had

The bit that goes into the gearbox only can go in one way. Its just where I unbolted it in the middle since it is a two piece tailshaft.

The centre bearing goes on the shaft by spline. You need to mark this before removal. I'm not talking about the spline into the back of the gearbox. If you undo the centre bearing and remove it, then put it back in a different location (on a different spline) then it will be wrong

The centre bearing goes on the shaft by spline. You need to mark this before removal. I'm not talking about the spline into the back of the gearbox. If you undo the centre bearing and remove it, then put it back in a different location (on a different spline) then it will be wrong

ahhh I know what you mean now...... Farrrrrrrk that is going to be soooooo much fun. :/