SAU Community

Calling Dietary Gurus

Mr Eps

Definitely negligible.

Surely people add condements to their rolled oats

I like to chose one or more of:

Nothing, banana, yoghurt, honey, sugar-free maple syrup (farking sucralose causing bloat though lol).

Generally my oats are consumed as part of something else though.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broscience rumour or not, I hear time and time again that wheat is one of the least nutritional/beneficial things you can eat per calorie. It's just empty calories, Weet-Bix specifically barely even has enough fibre content to make it worth it haha.

As a general rule, wheat is shit. Oats are far superior, just not as satisfying lol

Also similarly to Tolga's terrible pre-bed culinary gauntlet, I destroyed an entire Woolworths Bavarian cake last night. All to myself. f**king fat shit I am haha, feel like absolute trash this morning though, made significantly worse by the man-flu that has robbed me of the majority of my sleep over the weekend.

Way to confirm my post ya fat fk lol.

Seriously though, tell me where I'm going wrong, especially when 5-6 of them will absorb a full bowl of milk like sponges:

2l9fspeH_original.png

I haven't a clue haha, it's just one of those things that I've heard said enough that it must hold some truth - wheat is just crud. Tasty, tasty crud. That a lot of people have allergies to. And many more (like myself) bloat from eating....but I've still been smashing them fiercely lately LOL)

I don't think it's that wheat/Weet-Bix are BAD for you; it's more that they don't provide all that much nutritional value per calorie (for the record, I have no idea what weight those values you posted hold in the grand scheme of things, so this could be completely false...I just hear it often enough to give it benefit of the doubt)

I haven't a clue haha, it's just one of those things that I've heard said enough that it must hold some truth - wheat is just crud. Tasty, tasty crud. That a lot of people have allergies to. And many more (like myself) bloat from eating....but I've still been smashing them fiercely lately LOL)

I don't think it's that wheat/Weet-Bix are BAD for you; it's more that they don't provide all that much nutritional value per calorie (for the record, I have no idea what weight those values you posted hold in the grand scheme of things, so this could be completely false...I just hear it often enough to give it benefit of the doubt)

If you're bloated all the time Troy, have you been tested?

If you're bloated all the time Troy, have you been tested?

Nigga wat? Tested for....gluten intolerance? Technically doesn't EVERYONE have an intolerance to gluten/wheat? haha

It's not that bad. When I say bloated I don't mean distended gut or anything. I just mean a feeling of over-eating (which in all honesty, is quite likely anyway lol) which is gone by the morning.

Nigga wat? Tested for....gluten intolerance? Technically doesn't EVERYONE have an intolerance to gluten/wheat? haha

It's not that bad. When I say bloated I don't mean distended gut or anything. I just mean a feeling of over-eating (which in all honesty, is quite likely anyway lol) which is gone by the morning.

Ahhh this is starting to make sense now. Do you also refrain from drinking beer because it makes you bloated? Tired of queuing up at the toilets in nightclubs? That bitch wore the same outfit as you?

recipe for "mother-in-law nightmares"

Nope..

sleep like a baby with no weird dreams.

Mind you..

My daily meals over the last 3 weeks are:

6am - 2Tb spoon fish oil

10:30am - as pictured with half tub of cottage cheese or with chicken instead of beef, almonds

2:30pm - as pictured with half tub of cottage cheese or with chicken instead of beef, almonds

7:30pm - Post work out shake with dextrose, carb loaded dinner with some meat

8:30pm - Ice cream with warm kingstons and maple syrup

9:00pm - pikelets with maple syrup and ice cream

9:30pm - grapes and banana

2kg down in body weight, PB on Squats.

post-343-0-11087200-1364178209_thumb.jpg

Edited by TTT

Well, we all mix the good with the bad.

Funny about human nature though...

If a person has say, two oranges and a tim tam...

1) taking a tim tam first > guilt > 2 oranges > feels relief

2) taking 2 oranges first > feels like a reward with a tim tam

^^^ same stuff > different order > different feelings

Oh ok then, seems normal.

Thought you must nearly explode everytime you eat you're bloated so often.

haha I'm bloated so often coz I f**k myself over by almost eating myself into a coma too frequently lately :P

Ahhh this is starting to make sense now. Do you also refrain from drinking beer because it makes you bloated? Tired of queuing up at the toilets in nightclubs? That bitch wore the same outfit as you?

I don't drink beer because it tastes like stagnate gutter filth. haha, though nah it doesn't seem to bloat me when I do.

And yes, that stupid f**king whore. I'll show her for wearing the exact same pink miniskirt as I did!

And yet two oranges have far more sugar content than a Tim tam. Edited by jangles

It has nothing to do with feelings for me.

Way to confirm my post ya fat fk lol.

Seriously though, tell me where I'm going wrong, especially when 5-6 of them will absorb a full bowl of milk like sponges:

2l9fspeH_original.png

Wheat contains some Xenoestrogens. Like soy it's a girly hormone/ endocrine disruptor but, not as bad.

Not alot of that bad crap in there though, people probably over-react.

Wheat contains some Xenoestrogens. Like soy it's a girly hormone/ endocrine disruptor but, not as bad.

Not alot of that bad crap in there though, people probably over-react.

How do you know so much about the body? Profession?

How do you know so much about the body? Profession?

No I work in an unrelated field, I work for a global technology company. Probably just remember the info from reading. Good at general knowledge and other useless info but, can't remember important things like where I live ha ha..

Cereal (weetbix specifically) isn't as bad as the rap you fat f**ks are giving it. Carbs and protein, yeah they're terrible for exercise.

I haven't touched cereal in 5 years, but I eat ice cream with mayonnaise and bacon every f**kin day.,,why can't I lose weight gaiz?

Yes I'm mad.

Nothing wrong with bacon. What protein is in weetbix? Are you talking about the milk? That's more carbs than protein, not a good source either.

http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/whats-up-with-wheat/ provides a high-level explanation.

It's pretty easy to eat a large amount of wheat, and not feel that satisfied.

This all comes back to your goal, if your goal is to lose weight, or get the most nutrition then wheat is not a great source. If you don't care about those goals then its a great breakfast, and its better than most other cereals...however, oats, eggs and various other things are *better* for you.

Nothing wrong with bacon. What protein is in weetbix? Are you talking about the milk? That's more carbs than protein, not a good source either.

http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/whats-up-with-wheat/ provides a high-level explanation.

It's pretty easy to eat a large amount of wheat, and not feel that satisfied.

This all comes back to your goal, if your goal is to lose weight, or get the most nutrition then wheat is not a great source. If you don't care about those goals then its a great breakfast, and its better than most other cereals...however, oats, eggs and various other things are *better* for you.

Bacon = grease, fat and sodium...the content of which outweighs it's protein benefits. Leg ham is much better if you're trying to stay lean.

See above for nutritional values in weetbix - 6 biscuits = ~12g of protein, throw in two glasses of milk for another ~16g. That's ~28g from your first meal of the day. It's carb heavy, but breakfast is about giving you energy to kickstart the day. This cereal leaves me feeling quite full for a couple of hours - mostly because of the milk, which is also not evil. As for losing weight, carbs aren't the enemy IMO...lazyness and too much fat and sugar is. I can go from 90kg and ~18% BF, down to 80kg and 10% and vice versa without touching my carb (except sugars) and protein intake. Sugars and fats (not the good kind) are the evils. More carbs = more energy to do the exercise that stops you from packing on the pounds.

It's like I said before, people go on anti-carb (read anti-pasta and anti-bread) diets and complain that they don't lose weight...yet often they don't exercise enough to use the carbs or continue eating Tim Tams and packing on the salad dressing.

Bacon = grease, fat and sodium...the content of which outweighs it's protein benefits. Leg ham is much better if you're trying to stay lean.

See above for nutritional values in weetbix - 6 biscuits = ~12g of protein, throw in two glasses of milk for another ~16g. That's ~28g from your first meal of the day. It's carb heavy, but breakfast is about giving you energy to kickstart the day. This cereal leaves me feeling quite full for a couple of hours - mostly because of the milk, which is also not evil. As for losing weight, carbs aren't the enemy IMO...lazyness and too much fat and sugar is. I can go from 90kg and ~18% BF, down to 80kg and 10% and vice versa without touching my carb (except sugars) and protein intake. Sugars and fats (not the good kind) are the evils. More carbs = more energy to do the exercise that stops you from packing on the pounds.

It's like I said before, people go on anti-carb (read anti-pasta and anti-bread) diets and complain that they don't lose weight...yet often they don't exercise enough to use the carbs or continue eating Tim Tams and packing on the salad dressing.

Back in the 50's they ate a lot more fat than we do know and less processed carbs and did not have the obesity epidemic. I'd take a little fat & sodium over wheat.

There is growing scientific evidence that the "bad fat" isn't that bad for you, I'm not saying eat huge amounts of bacon. I'm just saying that it's not as evil as many people would think. I included it with breakfast for 1 month (daily) and it made 0 difference to my bodyfat level, although most of my diet is strict.

I don't agree with the exercise argument, plenty of scientific evidence that hunter gathers did not burn more energy than we do, and they did not do more excercise. Modern tribes who are found do not even have the concept of excercise, they just do the occasional sprint when chasing prey. And 40 years ago excercise was considered harmful for women, yet less weight problems. Processed food is an issue, bread and pasta are part of the issue in my opinion, and obviously tim-tams are worse :)

However because of modern diet, excercise will certainly help, as long as its the right kind. Some excercise will have the opposite effect for people.

I'm not saying go to zero carbs, but the body needs essential fats and amino acids more than it needs carbs. And high-carb processed wheat is not a nutritionally dense food.

Obviously it works for you, but scientifically it's not the best solution.

Also without large amounts of carbs your body creates the required energy from protein/fat intake. I do eat carbs, but most of them are vegetables and fruit.

Furthermore there is a scientific study showing that muscle start's been created around 30 grams protein, your 2g off...I can't seem to find the study now.

The metabolic effect group consider that there is a "tipping point" http://www.metaboliceffect.com/the-carbohydrate-tipping-point/ for carbohydrates in order for someone to lose weight. Exceeding it tends to cause weight gain, and going to far under will also not work.