SAU Community

Launch Control

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, for some reason i have always thought paul, i posted that from my iphone and it dosnt display all that extra stuff lol

:P

To answer your question there isn't any I can think of. All the ones I can think of fall into the other "damaging" categories.

Gizmo do one, but its a 2-step limiter more than anything

The gizzmo is the "damaging" kind as well, probably why they dont make it any more!

Thank christ you posted that Phil, i was going to do similar later as it was hurting my brain reading it an hour ago, so i had to stop :D

LOL, i think it is in the category of "i knew what i was saying" lol, just didnt make it clear enough i guess....

Hey W0rp3d, if you happen to find a launch control system (standalone, not in-built into an ECU) that didn't retard the timing (i.e blow things up) then I'd be interested as I'm on the hunt for one too as my setup is a bit on the laggy side and could do with a decent launch hehe

P.S I think I spotted you along Frankston-Dandy Rd just the other day near Klauer St, going towards Frankston :thumbsup:

LOL, for some reason i have always thought paul, i posted that from my iphone and it dosnt display all that extra stuff lol

Hahaha that's ok. Every one confuses me and "Paul-R33".

Thank christ you posted that Phil, i was going to do similar later as it was hurting my brain reading it an hour ago, so i had to stop :D

Yeah it was starting to get a bit confusing and I figured for some one reading it not really knowing all the differences it wouldn't have made complete sense.

There is no other way of having aftermarket launch control without being the "damaging kind"

I had a PFC pro on the R33, many many 2 step launches later the oil pump and turbo were fine

LOL, i think it is in the category of "i knew what i was saying" lol, just didnt make it clear enough i guess....

Ye i knew what you meant, just too hard to reply in depth from my phone

But with a PFC - You won't be able to get the "staged" launch control where boost is varied against Speed/RPM. So sorta complicating it a little but it is possible. I guess its the one thing Phil didn't mention in the "Launch Control" summary :)

I believe the ViPec/Link and no doubt other ECU's have the Auxilary inputs that you can map/configure with a boost controller and then be variable against Speed / RPM / Boost

Or perhaps launch control like a man - with the right foot :teehee:

I thought with a Bee R you were able to have the limiter set for when stationary, and then you are able to set another one for when at speed, letting you flat shift? Or is that a combination of PFC and a Bee R with the PFC providing the stationary limiter and the BeeR the rolling limiter?

Or perhaps launch control like a man - with the right foot :teehee:

I tried that method at calder on saturday but just couldnt get the f**ker out of thw hole right!

Hey W0rp3d, if you happen to find a launch control system (standalone, not in-built into an ECU) that didn't retard the timing (i.e blow things up) then I'd be interested as I'm on the hunt for one too as my setup is a bit on the laggy side and could do with a decent launch hehe

P.S I think I spotted you along Frankston-Dandy Rd just the other day near Klauer St, going towards Frankston :thumbsup:

Could have been me, there is one other black one i see around, mine has a vented bonnet and personalised plates.

Could have been me, there is one other black one i see around, mine has a vented bonnet and personalised plates.

Yep yep, it was definetly you then. Saw the bonnet vent and thought "looks pretty good" :thumbsup: I was behind you in Maccas drive-through ages ago when you mentioned it in the spotted thread hehe I'll give you a wave/beep next time, though my horn is piss weak and I'm rather embarrased by it haha :blush:

I tried that method at calder on saturday but just couldnt get the f**ker out of thw hole right!

How many times you been out?

Took me i think 4 drag days to get used to getting off the line correctly.

I tried all sorts of shit, various RPM, tyre pressures etc.

I wouldn't worry too much if you've not done a lot of passes just yet.

saturday was my second time, although not much was the same from the first, 3540 V's VG30 highflow, jim berry clutch V's exedy hd and federal 595ss V's sort of decent cheapies.

First time i think the best was 14.6@8xmph this time was 14.0@107mph

Was hoping for a high 12 lol, by the end of the day i was just after a 13.99999999999!

Ye i was 12.9 @ 109 with 220rwkw (225 street tyres)

I think he is getting at that you are even more down on power than you might realise as the MPH certainly doesnt translate to 250rwkw, much less infact.

More critically though what are your 60ft times?

yeah, I read you have a GT35R

Ye i was 12.9 @ 109 with 220rwkw (225 street tyres)

I think he is getting at that you are even more down on power than you might realise as the MPH certainly doesnt translate to 250rwkw, much less infact.

More critically though what are your 60ft times?

That pass was either 2.4 or 2.6 cant remember exactly.

was tuned at RE customs just under 2 weeks ago!

Sometimes I can pull a launch off, sometimes I just wheelspin horribly. Much easier to just set it and get perfect launches every time :P

After seeing the launch control in dads 335i work perfectly I knew I had to have mine setup!

Want to set up a traction control system aswell just to see how it is. No point having so many features if you don't atleast try them.

Launch control will not really help with street cars especially rwd. The clutch is just as important as the throttle.

All about practice and more practice.

With full slicks and a big laggy turbo maybe use launch control.

Practice