SAU Community

National Park Cruise Out West (Via Galston Gordge)- Sun, June 19Th

LU57IN

hey Steve, what size/offset wheels you running? ur GTR was immaculate awesome job !

thanks michael, there 19 by 10.5 +5.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

couldnt agree more ^^ chris..those p plates on commodores doesnt know how cruise works, changing lanes here and there, power sliding/ tail sliding on round abouts and leading the set of convoy and doesnt know where to go..lol..

i saw one of the skylines got pulled over by a highway patrol..off old northern road..was it u longz?

You're always going to get those wank stains when it's a multi club cruise. Someone always has an Ego problem. Sounds like the majority had a nice run though. now... PICS OR BAN.

Were Any of you in a Silver/Grey R33 S2 On the highway heading towards Campbelltown Around 4-5P.M If so top bloke thumbs up and all :) I was The Red P Plater In the White s2 33 Waving :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes: After what has happened to-day, I'm looking at and learning this; (knowing that our state gov't is bereft of $$$)...

In any official SAU Cruises in the future, we should seriously consider "cocooning" any cars which are at risk of defects within a convoy by placing them anywhere between 3rd position and 3rd-last. (this will of course not work when traffic lights break the convoy up into small parts).

This is a "plan". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I've made more friends to-day as well as cementing older friendships!

Many thanks to Matt, Bob, Jeff, the Canuk, Josh, Joel, David, Longz, Brian, Phil, Sean, Moely, Moehn, Justin, Chris, Kelvin, Steve, Lee, Michael, Dan and, a couple of boys (Josh & ???) from OzFoz who stopped along Galston Rd to wait for the Skyline Brigade and take pics of us, and....

I had an awesome day even tho it was alittle stressful at times... Like trying to get people back on the road when we stopped at mccers was a mission then half of them went the wrong way -.-

Anywaysssss if ya want add me to Facebook 'Matty Flynn' I'm always keen for a cruise! xD

yea..i was following u through maccas..then half or 3/4 of them left then everyone went separate ways from there.. hopefully maq pass cruise would be a gud one and every one stick together.. add me on fb too kelvin salvador will mostly likely to roll up to cruises/ meet up fotoshoot =)

I had an awesome day even tho it was alittle stressful at times... Like trying to get people back on the road when we stopped at mccers was a mission then half of them went the wrong way -.-

Anywaysssss if ya want add me to Facebook 'Matty Flynn' I'm always keen for a cruise! xD

Yeah what was the whole maccers stop? Seemed like the majority of people continued on as the cruise was meant to.. Based on your avatar were you right behind the forester after maccers? If so it was me following behind you from there.. Car sounds great by the way!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: After what has happened to-day, I'm looking at and learning this; (knowing that our state gov't is bereft of $$)...

In any official SAU Cruises in the future, we should seriously consider "cocooning" any cars which are at risk of defects within a convoy by placing them anywhere between 3rd position and 3rd-last. (this will of course not work when traffic lights break the convoy up into small parts).

This is a "plan". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I've made more friends to-day as well as cementing older friendships!

Many thanks to Matt, Bob, Jeff, the Canuk, Josh, Joel, David, Longz, Brian, Phil, Sean, Moely, Moehn, Justin, Chris, Kelvin, Steve, Lee, Michael, Dan and, a couple of boys (Josh & ???) from OzFoz who stopped along Galston Rd to wait for the Skyline Brigade and take pics of us, and....

I think that's a brilliant idea, I wouldn't mind going in either first/last 3 either, now ive got an engineers certificate for all mods i think i will actually enjoy throwing it in their face (politely) if i get pulled over haha!

By the way i have no idea who you are by face but your car was looking truly amazing!!

Goes for a lot of people actually, cars are familiar nfi who actually own them!!!

any links to their pic's ???

Josh from OzFoz will email me some pics soon I expect. They're not on the OzFoz forum yet.

I'm looking forward to their motion shots.

They knew we were lagging behind somewhere behind them, so they pulled over to get ready for us - bless their hearts :happy:

And Chris thanks for the thumbs up.

Most of us in the Skyline brigade took off last - trying to stay away from trouble - but expecting the last two to get pulled over and defected.

They missed the Cattai Ridge Rd group by seconds and went further along Wiseman's Ferry Rd.

When Longz and SiNNO turned around, that's when HWP caught up.

At the meetup, I walked around to other 'Lines to let them know that we were operating on Channel #11 on UHF, but I missed out on a few of you obviously.

Yeah what was the whole maccers stop? Seemed like the majority of people continued on as the cruise was meant to.. Based on your avatar were you right behind the forester after maccers? If so it was me following behind you from there.. Car sounds great by the way!

I dunno ay, I think sumone got hungry and everyone followed him in lol

And yea that was me behind the forester, thanks :P

Ur car is tidy as man

Defected for being too low even though its 130mm , he used a mobile phone to measure wtf ? 1 tyre that had 20% tread on it at the rear and exhaust -.- easy to clear just had nothing better to do he was pulling over everyone...

I wonder what he wouldve said if you asked to see the calibration records for the phone to be used as tape measure? ;)

And Chris thanks for the thumbs up.

Most of us in the Skyline brigade took off last - trying to stay away from trouble - but expecting the last two to get pulled over and defected.

They missed the Cattai Ridge Rd group by seconds and went further along Wiseman's Ferry Rd.

When Longz and SiNNO turned around, that's when HWP caught up.

At the meetup, I walked around to other 'Lines to let them know that we were operating on Channel #11 on UHF, but I missed out on a few of you obviously.

Ahhh i was in the black on black 180sx so understandable if i wasn't included haha, line wasnt coming out this time, its getting sold :/! I would much rather be associated with you guys though, Its a whole different atmosphere/attitude to some of the 'other' groups

I was just following lu57in upfront cos hes the only person i actually know, he was able to look after me make sure i didnt get lost haha!

Edited by r33ftw

Late reply...

I won't put any pics up as I think they're all the same as Bob's. I think you might have a bit of a thing for that RX-7 though Bob? :)

Was great to meet some new people and great fun was had on some quality roads, despite some bad luck affecting some of our group, and some of the eyesores / ear-sores already mentioned. Nice to know the GTR will make it up/down the Gorge now with care taken.

Despite losing a few people around Lane Cove (thanks to traffic lights) Bob did a great job leading and I was glad that we took a bit of a shortcut and didn't go all the way up Old Northern Rd. Great to see all sorts of cars out there when finally getting to Windsor, but the lack of food at the boat ramp had me in pain - didn't eat until about 3.30pm(?) Steak was good when it finally arrived

Bob's ADM GTR is absolutely immaculate, and loved that '93 Esprit.

And did anyone else notice the old car / bike show that we passed in the middle of nowhere, kind of near Oakville?

Hope that David and Longz can get their notices cleared ASAP.

Thanks for organising Joely, shame about some of the crowd but it's hard to avoid that with multi-club cruises, I think we made the right choice in hanging back as everyone else started to leave Silverwater, put it that way.

Edited by God_speed

I won't put any pics up as I think they're all the same as Bob's. I think you might have a bit of a thing for that RX-7 though Bob? :)

Not really, but I love the originality of that one in particular.

I'm a fair bit older than most of you guys so clean original (or restored) 30 year old cars really do it for me.

I've been there done that with modified cars so now days I'm happy to drive past a cop and not worry about any issues at all.

Bob.

Thanks for organising Joely, shame about some of the crowd but it's hard to avoid that with multi-club cruises, I think we made the right choice in hanging back as everyone else started to leave Silverwater, put it that way.

No problem Matt, thank you for coming... much apprecaited! Like i said previously, the best forum i've had yet, along with AusRotary, attending our cruise... I wanted to hang back aswell, but obviously as organising it, i had to be in the middle somewhere (while a friend of mine was up front).. but then i managed to pass him, while they all stopped at a Service station along Lane Cove rd.:rant:(common sense to fuel up before hand)!!!... Awesome day, and i will be putting future cruises on the forum to notify everyone- for those who are interested :bunny: