SAU Community

National Park Cruise Out West (Via Galston Gordge)- Sun, June 19Th

LU57IN

East Coast Cruisin' SYD: NEXT UP IS A NATIONAL PARK/COUNTRY CRUISE (Lots Of Windy Roads & Nice Scenery)!

This cruise may not be as popular as our previous Terrigal Breast Cancer Charity Cruise with over 250 in attendance, however, i've driven these roads a few times & its an amazing drive through the national park (via Galston Gordge) and country side to head out west to Windsor (Governer Phillip Park/Windsor Boat Ramp- on Hawkesbury River) a lot of fun for a Sunday drive! Hope you can join us for yet another great cruise. Afterward, feel free to join us for a cruise upto Hawkesbury lookout in the Blue Mountains (amazing view)!

The Details are as follows:

TIME: From 10am

MEET: Silverwater Boat Ramp

WE LEAVE: 11am

DESTINATION: Windsor Boat Ramp/Governor Phillip Park

Cruise route:

1. Head to Pacific Hwy via M4 & Homebush Bay Drive/Lane Cove Rd.

2. Follow Pacific Hwy into Hornsby & toward Asquith & merge left (via the signs) onto Galston Rd (heading into Berowa Valley Regional Park).

3. Merge Left onto Mid Dural Rd from Galston Rd @ the first round about roundabout

4. Turn right onto Old Northern Rd.

5. Turn left (3kms) onto Cattai Ridge Rd. (follow it down to the creek & it becomes Dural Rd.)

6. Turn Left onto Boundry Rd. & follow it all the way out to Windsor Rd. (9kms)

7. Turn right onto Windosr Rd follow until you reach Windsor (7kms)

8. Continue to Bridge street where you turn Right at the roundabout into George St. (which leads to Windsor Boat Ramp)

When we've all grabbed lunch & taken photo's & what not, feel free to join us for a cruise from Windsor Boat Ramp upto Hawkesbury lookout in the Blue Moutains @ Hawkesbury Heights (roughly a 20min drive)!!

Here's the cruise route link to google maps: Google Maps... Cruise Route!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT FOR OUR NEXT CRUISE--> IT CAN ONLY BE EPIC!!!

Edited by LU57IN

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

step 3 should be merge right after the second roundabout.

Left at the first roundabout takes you onto belbowrie close, right at the second takes you on to middle dural road.

a nicer route is right at the first round about onto arcadia road, then left onto wilds road, then right on to old northern

Sorry... i used to be a local.

Might also have to go a bit wide on the left hand hairpins there.

There's more than 1 GTR formerly of SAU that says that's a mistake

NICCEE. Okay will updated the cruise route within the next week, we'll take that route :) cheers for the input guys. Much appreciated!!!

Yeah go down Arcadia rd and onto Wylds rd (Wylds rd is where I Iive) if the car is running ill come along or at the very least I can walk up the end of my driveway and wave

East Coast Cruisin' SYD: NEXT UP IS A NATIONAL PARK/COUNTRY CRUISE (Lots Of Windy Roads & Nice Scenery)!

This cruise may not be as popular as our previous Terrigal Breast Cancer Charity Cruise with over 250 in attendance, however, i've driven these roads a few times & its an amazing drive through the national park (via Galston Gordge) and country side to head out west to Windsor (Governer Phillip Park/Windsor Boat Ramp- on Hawkesbury River) a lot of fun for a Sunday drive! Hope you can join us for yet another great cruise. Afterward, feel free to join us for a cruise upto Hawkesbury lookout in the Blue Mountains (amazing view)!

The Details are as follows:

TIME: From 10am

MEET: Silverwater Boat Ramp

WE LEAVE: 11am

DESTINATION: Windsor Boat Ramp/Governor Phillip Park

Cruise route:

1. Head to Pacific Hwy via M4 & Homebush Bay Drive/Lane Cove Rd.

2. Follow Pacific Hwy into Hornsby & toward Asquith & merge left (via the signs) onto Galston Rd (heading into Berowa Valley Regional Park/Galston Gordge).

3. Merge right after the second roundabout onto Mid Dural Rd from Galston Rd.

4. Turn right onto Old Northern Rd.

5. Turn left (24kms) onto Wisemans Ferry Rd. (follow it right to the end, following Signs for Windsor.. to Windsor Rd)

6. Turn Right onto Windsor Rd. (heading into Windsor)

7. Continue to Bridge St.- through the intersection- where you turn Right at the roundabout into George St. (which leads to Windsor Boat Ramp)

When we've all grabbed lunch & taken photo's & what not, feel free to join us for a cruise from Windsor Boat Ramp upto Hawkesbury lookout in the Blue Moutains @ Hawkesbury Heights (roughly a 20min drive)!!

Here's the cruise route link to google maps: NEW CRUISE ROUTE!!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT FOR OUR NEXT CRUISE--> IT CAN ONLY BE EPIC!!!

Is anyone organizing a pre meet around glenwood/dean park area?

If not and ur keen to meet before hand to cruise to silverwater in a small group let me know.

Prob best to txt msg me 0424059383

LOL!! yeah for sure champ, bring your UHF... :)

Matty, we can do one @ Michinbury Bunnings?? Say 9am meet & we'll leave @ 9:30am? meaning we'll get there around 9:50am or something...

No problem guys, will be a great cruise.... please no stupid behaviour, follow the rules- we all know them- as we try & do a cruise every month... last thing we need is bad attention, or furthermore cops ruining the day for us!!

Matty, i'll organise one & we'll get a decent amount man... should be madd :)

looks like an awesome run. plenty of scenery. will consult the calendar and see if i can fit this one in.

your 6 day a week irish calendar should be able to fit in an extra day :P

i know i know - you're only interested in the piccies :woot: