SAU Community

R3 Tss Baskerville First Win For Jbr!

johnGTS-t

Finally, after years of trying I took my first round win in Sports GTB. Thanks to Steeline, David Clifford Photography, Cable Mate, Dejay Signs and Benson Motorsports.

Car now is a rocket with 300kws. I wish I had it this good from the start. We have had to overcome a shitload of dramas the past year or so and hopefully now we have the speed, we can have some luck too!! Thats why Im wont be driving the car to its full potential. Best time was a 59.3....without trying too hard!!

Roll on R4 Aug 21st at Symmons!!

post-26265-0-71231100-1306578013_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnGTS-t

hey good job john. we noticed you had sme mumbo out there.

do you mind adding some specs of what you have now. engine? box? turbo? suspension? only if you dont mind.

do you mind adding some specs of what you have now. engine? box? turbo? suspension? only if you dont mind.

Yeah I'd be interested too if you don't mind sharing, also what tyres you're using.

Tanks guys!!

60sec at Baskerville, 61 at Symmons cut off times for B

well after my original block was ruined, we have replaced it with a 25 block, still have the 20 head. replaced the high flowed Rb20 turbo with a garrtet gt 30 (rb20 turbo i want to sell now) the gearbox is standard, i need another diff ratio as im having to change gears at Baskerville too often now. suspension is a BC racing kit. Tyres are bridgestone RE55.

After the amount of money ive spent and dramas etc I want to make the car last (hopefully) so that is why I wont be driving it full bore (even though it feels wrong!!) I want to be racing not fixing the damn thing all the time, which is what we have spent the last year or so doing. I did think about detuning it, but then I would have to drive it harder, so lap time mangement is the way to go. But at some stage I will do some testing just to see how fast I can go!! Im just not made of money, sponsors help, but Im still paying for 90% of it!!

R20 head on 25??? did you machine the head out so the bore matched? open the ports up? How come you didn't run a 25 head, could have got vvt goodnes?

R20 head on 25??? did you machine the head out so the bore matched? open the ports up? How come you didn't run a 25 head, could have got vvt goodnes?

just cost. didnt want to have to change the wiring and the ecu. Im not sure if the head was bored, but we have different pistons in it. head not ported either. forgot to mention that i have a after market exhaust manifold and a GTR style intake. ill post a pic later.

Yes pics please. I'm surprised you can run the 20 head on a 25 block.

from what I know, the heads are not much different, but you have to run different pistons. there's alot of myths about these engines! I dont run resister packs either!

Congrats on the win John, hopefully its the first of many.

Was it a 25DET head (series one I assume) that you used? Also when you say you dont run resistor packs, I take it your running GTR injectors, what ECU?