SAU Community

Xenon conversion in a Series 2 R33 Gts-t

now, the one near the washer bottle is actually on the chassis rail towards the bottom of the car

there are threaded holes there already, so we just drilled the hole on the ballast box a little bigger and that was it

did you purchase this xenon kit of someone or was it from the global premier site as im also interested in replacing bulbs which happens to be a series 2 as well. Also, does anyone know how to change the bulbs as one of mine is blown.

cheers

the kit was purchased from a mate, hence the cheap price :)

Unfortunately I'm the worlds crappiest photographer, and the photo has come out fairly blurry.

You can see the brightness of the xenons in the picture. I will try to get some better pictures during the week.

Sorry its so blurry.

Jason.

the kit was purchased from a mate, hence the cheap price :D

Unfortunately I'm the worlds crappiest photographer, and the photo has come out fairly blurry.

You can see the brightness of the xenons in the picture.  I will try to get some better pictures during the week.

Sorry its so blurry.

Jason.

My eyes, my eyes! Urgh!

/me gives uneekwahn a camera stand.

LW.

Do you know if these auto electricians care much about the legalities of Xenon conversions given that ALL kits are technically illegal?

And can someone pass us a contact in Sydney?

T.

Apparently there is a dude up Newcastle way that will provide an engineers certificate for xenon modifications (assuming you set the up correctly, etc).

LW.

Can we see some of the front??? Isn't that the whole point of Xenons is that they look cool from the front??

No, the point is the provide better light. As a side benefit, most people think they also look good (although you should only use 4100k bulbs which don't have much of a blue hue).

LW.

these globes are pretty much white. no blue hue whatsoever.

i will get some more photos, but don't have a very decent digital camera (no zoom and flash stays on permanently) will see if I can get a mates nice 5 megapixel to take some shots

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I went out with joe (pva_glue) for 3 and a half hours last night taking good photos of the car.. I'll have some in a gallery in the next couple of days :)

yeah, drive behind me, as long as someone gives me a radar detector :)

Errrrr... That's not exactly an accurate portrayal of how bright your xenons are.

The thing with photography is that you have such a great deal of control of exposure through shutter time.

Joe could have set that frame to expose for 10 minutes and you'll get basically a pure white top half of the photo.

Take a look at the rear taillights. They are a good indication of how overexposed that photo is if you are trying to get an accurate feel of what those headlights look like.

merli, you are correct, he did set the exposure time to 30 seconds.

they are quite bright and I will get some more pictures, with normal exposure time. unfortunately its hard to get good photos of the lights without exposing for a longer period of time.

merli, you are correct, he did set the exposure time to 30 seconds.

they are quite bright and I will get some more pictures, with normal exposure time.  unfortunately its hard to get good photos of the lights without exposing for a longer period of time.

Very true... Shouldn't be too hard with a digital camera though...

Nice headlights btw... Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, as I had an aftermarket Xenon kit in my old Series 2 GTS-t with no problems with heat inside the enclosure.

I love xenons :(

i think we were just over zealous with the over-exposure due to its cool effect :(

going through the shots, nearly all have long exposure times ;)

thanks for the reassurance about the heat inside the enclosure

I've had these on for about 3-4 weeks now, and they do rock. Could never go back :)

That offers still up for you to come over to take photos by the way :rant: