SAU Community

Friendly Reminder: Operation Aegis

gwin

Just to show what I mean, I actually took a screen dump of the old speed limit sign from Google Street View on Harkaway Rd, Berwick to prove it was once a 80kph zone (now signed 60kph until just after Old Coach Rd until recently). How is this stretch of road so unsafe and need to have TWO dedicated police cars sitting there targeting speeding there? Seriously, it's reasons like this why people have no faith in the system and then they get told it's not about revenue raising. What a joke.

I couldn't believe they were sitting there from 5PM until around 8:30PM tonight, such a ridiculous waste of resources.

That is BS....I never would have thought that stretch of road would ever be something under 80...good old Narre Warren TMU at their finest :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Traffic management unit

Are still cops Just like ciu will still pull you over for speeding or a traffic violation the tmu will still respond if there is a crime ie, shooting

Wow, you don't say! I never knew that!

I drove from caroline springs to bacchus marsh, then from bacchus marsh to bayswater (going through sunshine, city, eastern) and saw not one cop yesterday. :blink: Hopefully get the same luck tonight driving to phillip island.

anybody seen many police yesterday??

well between driving from geelong to rod laver last night and then geelong to costco today seen 5 ppl pulled over and another 2 highway cars cruising so they have been doing the rounds

Not an officer anywhere today and I've done over 300kms

Saw heaps on Fri/Sat though...

gold man there was two pulled over and 2 car that i seen today but that being said it all was in the werribee highway area so super slow and in me vt anyway :thumbsup: the 34 hasn't left the shed :ninja:

Just got back from a day trip to Apollo Bay and back. Few cops, including one hidden behind a bush on the Princes Fwy to Geelong with his radar gun out. Lights weren't on.

Another cop that was in the oncoming lane made my heart skip a beat as I was flooring it overtaking a slow caravan in the overtaking lane. It's hard to resist building up enough speed to get in front of a slow car when you are in those precious overtaking lanes which are few and far inbetween.

I drove maybe 20ks today and saw at least 6 cop cars.... dandy,ehills and FG

lol i dont know where but i was in those areas all weekend and only saw them parked at the cop shops