SAU Community

Our New 2005 Stagea 350Rx

3PointJ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an M35 RX250 FOUR 2006 with the same screen as yours. (We have lots of normally aspirated Stageas in NZ).

The buttons on the top row are as follows (as translated by a Japanese friend)

TV --Setting --Info--Route Voice Navigation--- Destination---Current Position (map)

The buttons on the second row are:

Car Wings ---Phone Operator---Zoom In--- Zoom Out--- Return (Back)

If you press the Info button, then take the forth menu option, then the first menu item it should take you to the fuel economy screen. There are other useful screens like the travel log for oil changes and tyre rotation etc, and compass etc. The navigation and speech will only display if you have the DVD inserted in the drive above the glovebox. It won't be any use to you in this part of the world. Best to just move around all the screens to take a look. One very useful function is the handsfree bluetooth system which I've used successfully with several phones from old Nokias, to iphone1, an LG P500 and now my new Samsung Galaxy SII.

Carwings is an online help system in Japan where you can talk to an operator to save your butt if you get lost or in trouble.

I believe translation for the M35 S2 screens is progressing, and Andy65b is arranging this with a Russian programmer. I'd be interested in knowing how this is going.

It is going but not as fast as I would like.

He is working as fast as he can as he is finding new problems to solve in this translation.

When we spoke about a week ago he hoped to have it complete in 3 months but this is far from an absolute date.:ermm:

I have an M35 RX250 FOUR 2006 with the same screen as yours. (We have lots of normally aspirated Stageas in NZ).

The buttons on the top row are as follows (as translated by a Japanese friend)

TV --Setting --Info--Route Voice Navigation--- Destination---Current Position (map)

The buttons on the second row are:

Car Wings ---Phone Operator---Zoom In--- Zoom Out--- Return (Back)

If you press the Info button, then take the forth menu option, then the first menu item it should take you to the fuel economy screen. There are other useful screens like the travel log for oil changes and tyre rotation etc, and compass etc. The navigation and speech will only display if you have the DVD inserted in the drive above the glovebox. It won't be any use to you in this part of the world. Best to just move around all the screens to take a look. One very useful function is the handsfree bluetooth system which I've used successfully with several phones from old Nokias, to iphone1, an LG P500 and now my new Samsung Galaxy SII.

Carwings is an online help system in Japan where you can talk to an operator to save your butt if you get lost or in trouble.

I believe translation for the M35 S2 screens is progressing, and Andy65b is arranging this with a Russian programmer. I'd be interested in knowing how this is going.

Haah, sweet. Thanks for that man. I'll have a little navigate around to see what's what lol...

How exactly do I get the handsfree bluetooth working...

Also in regards to the Airbag light, what is the procedure to reset or clear it that was mentioned earlier?

And a final Question (sorry for the pain guys), the Mirror indicators aren't working. Ben said to take it to an Auto-Elec as he couldn't get them working, any thoughts on what it may be. The less stuffing around an Auto-Elec does the better. All the others work. I have a feeling they may be cover ones or something? As it looks like they are over the outside of the original mirror. I'm not sure if they are Factory or After-market.

Guys,

My airbag light was flashing and I found the solution on the net and it worked first go on my M35.

Turn the ignition to the "on" position. Watch the airbag light closely(it will be on solid) the split second it goes off(beggining to flash) turn the ignition off, count to 5. Turn back to "on" position and do the same another 2 times.

Next time you turn it to "on" position it will blink really slowly(diagnosing) Then switch off. Next time you turn it on it will be solid and then turn off completely.

Haah, sweet. Thanks for that man. I'll have a little navigate around to see what's what lol...

How exactly do I get the handsfree bluetooth working...

Also in regards to the Airbag light, what is the procedure to reset or clear it that was mentioned earlier? See above.

And a final Question (sorry for the pain guys), the Mirror indicators aren't working. Ben said to take it to an Auto-Elec as he couldn't get them working, any thoughts on what it may be. The less stuffing around an Auto-Elec does the better. All the others work. I have a feeling they may be cover ones or something? As it looks like they are over the outside of the original mirror. I'm not sure if they are Factory or After-market.

Cheers for that mate. I might give it a whirl later on...

I managed to check if the RCA plugs at the Stacker are working. Which they do. I was having trouble navigating on the screen to enable the AUX input, didn't realise I could navigate with the little joystick thing to AUX, and click Enter, then Enter again on AUX, and it would switch from TV to AUX. Pretty simple, just not sure when navigating menus in Japanese lol

Well that kinda clears that problem up, Is hard pulling the left hand side trim up to run cables etc?

nope, the trim mostly pops off. use a long screw driver or something to get the metal push pin things out tho. be careful not to scratch the interior or the paintwork :)

Is it hard pulling the left hand side trim up to run cables etc?

Short answer - No, it's really easy. The trim that sits over the door sills (sort of hockey stick shape on front doors) lifts straight up. The plastic lugs just pop out. I've had mine out/in literally dozens of times. At the front, the kick panels have a plastic nut against the firewall that comes off without tools. Lift the rubber seal a bit and pull the kick panel off. There's even little slots you can put your fingers in & it comes straight out, away from car body. You'll work it all out as soon as you start :thumbsup: .

show me a pic of hte wheel. I can do cruise on it regardless of wheel but its better and neater on the wheel.

in regard to the USDM vs JDM buttons. they differ externally and internally. so if you think you can buy a set off ebay and toss them in - they won't work :)

this car doesn't have a brown leather interior does it?

Nah man, no brown. It's all black leather and has woodgrain stuff too. The steering wheel is a mix of woodgrain and leather also. Its very nice.

I'll post some interior shots up today or tomorrow, pending what time I finish work today.

It's got the Stagea and 350RX badges removed off the back. It's a subtle change, but looks great.

Thanks for the info on the info on the trim.

When we do decide to install a tuner, I can't see it being too difficult, as part of the job is done in having the RCA leads into the factory tuner, already working fine.

It'd be nice to find a cartridge for the stacker, as it could come in handy. No biggie though.

Oh factory stereo is excellet!

It'd be nice to find a cartridge for the stacker, as it could come in handy. No biggie though.

It's not a mini disc stacker is it? Probably not, given your car was made after the 1.5yr period when mini disc was popular LOL.

I have the mini disc stacker that came out of mine (including cartridge) that you (or anyone else) can have gratis if it helps. Maybe there's a collector of "fail" AV equipment out there. Can add it to your collection of Beta video, Laser disc, HD DVD etc :laugh:

It's not a mini disc stacker is it? Probably not, given your car was made after the 1.5yr period when mini disc was popular LOL.

I have the mini disc stacker that came out of mine (including cartridge) that you (or anyone else) can have gratis if it helps. Maybe there's a collector of "fail" AV equipment out there. Can add it to your collection of Beta video, Laser disc, HD DVD etc :laugh:

i ripped my stacker out the day i got it.

dumbasses used a maze of wires and wrapped them up on the passanger floor. under the crapet.

Nah man, no brown. It's all black leather and has woodgrain stuff too. The steering wheel is a mix of woodgrain and leather also. Its very nice.

I'll post some interior shots up today or tomorrow, pending what time I finish work today.

It's got the Stagea and 350RX badges removed off the back. It's a subtle change, but looks great.

ok thats fine. I had one with a brown interior about 6 months back. had an airbag issue.

if its a 6cd stacker I probably have a cart for it.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's a CD/DVD stacker.

Still have to LOL at MD.

ok thats fine. I had one with a brown interior about 6 months back. had an airbag issue.

if its a 6cd stacker I probably have a cart for it.

Nah, it's a 10 Disc Stacker. I think it might play DVD's also, as it has the DVD logo on it.

IMG_2168.jpg

^ The interior with a shot of the wheel.

IMG_2169.jpg

^ The boot with the stacker. The RCA cables go back to the Factory Tuner, and they all work fine. Tested them all, so that makes things a little easier for me.

Got the side mirror indicators working, auto-elec fixed that up easily.

They also addressed the airbag light issue... I need to speak to Ben first however.