SAU Community

Our New 2005 Stagea 350Rx

3PointJ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get some pictures of the wheel.

The issue with the airbag light is the airbag module is missing. We've got the light off ATM, but there is no airbag in the steering. May make sense if it is aftermarket.

If that is the case, would it possible to get an airbag working in this wheel, as the standard wheels are UGLY.

Ben was all cool, and willing to help out and fix it all. (another + for Northshore)

Maybe get Ben to replace it with the Momo "option"? :P

Haha, what does this one look like?

Anyway this is a close-up of the wheel. Sorry for the poor quality. My other camera is dead, and battery takes aeons to charge (when your in a rush).

IMG_2193.jpg

yep thats a patrol wheel. patrol bag will fit it. as for controls (radio and cruise) have them sitting here gathering dust :)

Oh really. Interesting? Would it be hard to source the bag to fit this. I'm not 100% sure whats missing, but I think the Auto-Elec said it has no airbad module. Which I'm assuming is the whole thing.

How much for the the controls? Not that we have cruise control, it may be worth getting just in case...lol

Thanks for your help mang.

Sorry for the late action on this- but welcome to the section. Good to have another S2 around these parts.

I've been OS for a couple of months now, just got back, so it was a nice suprise to see another one here!

call me when you get a sec. easier.

Sent you an email re: our phone call.

Sorry for the late action on this- but welcome to the section. Good to have another S2 around these parts.

I've been OS for a couple of months now, just got back, so it was a nice suprise to see another one here!

Yeah, surprised there isn't more S2's tbh.

Still finding things out about the car, just found a Flare in the leg area on the front passenger side lol.

just found a Flare in the leg area on the front passenger side lol.

Highlight of my car! :thumbsup:

Girlfriend keeps giving me shit about it, telling me I'll get defected for having an out of date flare... should try and buy a new one to shut her up :P

Highlight of my car! :thumbsup:

Girlfriend keeps giving me shit about it, telling me I'll get defected for having an out of date flare... should try and buy a new one to shut her up :P

Yeah, I was mighty surprised to find that this was there. I'm still finding new stuff in the car lol... So f**kig cool

got your email and I am looking into it. give me a day or so.

Hey Chris,

Not sure whether Ben has spoken to you, but managed to find an Air Bag. Also not sure if he got it from you or not... He's posted it to the Auto-Elec and it will be getting done next Wednesday

Hi Spong,

I have just purchased a 2006 Stagea 350RX and want to get my hands free working can you please explain how you got yours to work?

Thanks

ok. spoke to him a bout a week back but that was it. he didn't source it from me.

Oh right, well that sucks. I appreciate your help however. When we get round to it, I'll probably purchase those buttons, and whatev's to do the Stereo and Cruise Control...

Thanks again though.

• 1 month later...

Well we got the airbag all fixed. No more flashing light. WooI think our next step maybe the TV tuner and/or some interface for our iPhones/iPod.Thanks to Northshore for sorting it all out...

Basically we bought the car and it was missing an Air Bag module in the steering wheel. I think maybe because its a Patrol wheel?

Anyone a new module was sourced, installed and fixed it the issue of airbag light flashing.

• 5 months later...

Had a bit of an unfortunate situation a few weeks ago. On our way camping cruising along, and hit the biggest crater pot hole in recorded history of man, and guess what bent two rims :(

Ended up finding a guy in Taree who repairs them, and ended up getting all 4 rims fixed. Got the gutter rush repaired, and all dents an bends out of the rim. 3 of the rims and dents in them, and the worst one had 3 dents on the outer lip and 4 on the inside... lol

Turned out great in terms of the gutter rash. There is none at all and you wouldnt be able to tell. Kinda looks weird now, as we were used to the ugly rash lol... Was going to get the Face of the rims painted black or white, but didn't have the cash at the time, and couldn't have the car off the road any longer...

PassengersideLarge.jpg

FrontPassengersidewheel4Large.jpg

FrontPassengersidewheel3Large.jpg

FrontPassengersidewheel2Large.jpg

FrontPassengersidewheel3Large.jpg

RearPassengersidewheel1Large.jpg

RearPassengersidewheel3Large.jpg

In the process of trying to get council to cover the cost, but atm they are basically saying no, we live in a high rainfall area, so they are allowed to have roads that are shit...

Edited by 3PointJ

In the process of trying to get council to cover the cost, but atm they are basically saying no, we live in a high rainfall area, so they are allowed to have roads that are shit...

LOL, I wonder if that's the reason they use for all of the Victorian roads (exception: Eastlink).