SAU Community

My R32 Gtst 1Jz Gte Build

I used to have a VR SS Commodore with a 1jz, sold it 11 months ago.

Thats when the depression hit

So 11 months later im back!

This time im throwing a 1jz in an r32 skyline

I love the 1jz, theres nothing better, so i went down and picked up a halfcut from sydney yesterday.

Grabbed an r32 a few weeks ago for pretty much nothing, infact i made money on the deal.

So here goes, this build is going to be bigger and better then the last, stay tuned as hopefully this thing is going to move pretty fast, because i wanna be out tearing up the streets allready!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have started repairing the gutter rash on the work wheels, had to weld one up.

dismantling them and painting the centres black and im polishing the alloy piece.(dish and lip)

i think this will look pretty sick!

Going to get the conversion done, engine in and running with a new haltech that i got for a steal.

then pull the motor out next year after its engineered and do a full engine build.

Going to paint the engine bay satin black... .what do you think????

look forward to seeing how this turns out, good choice on changing the auto box, maunual is so much better. r154 boxes are good, i put one on the 2jz cressida me and my brother built.

and zebra i sourced a manual halfcut a few years back for 2,500 you just need to know where to look :thumbsup:

Edited by Yts

havent heard about this before???

I cant see it being too much of an issue as im basically using everything toyota anyway, just splicing into nissan for headlights, instrument cluster and simple stuff like that.

Someone buy my rb205 speed gearbox so i have a bit more cash to throw at this!!!!!! bargain $430

i love 1js as well before i had my gtr i had a soarer (z30) with a 1j in it and i run low 12 's all day with minor mods and now my gtr has had oil pump failer (engine still fine) i really want to put a 1j or 2j in it but i think theres to much involed :(

Well today i removed the single wheeling diff to see what is going on.

Turns out someone has welded the centre and something has broken majorly inside the centre.

I have sourced another diff, probably shim it up nice and tight and fit a lockout bar and alloy subframe bushes.

on the lookout for a mechanical lsd, preferably 2 way if anyone can help me out!!!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

Picked up an r154 gearbox on monday night

shimmed up the diff tight as, refitting it tomorrow along with a lockout bar.

Also resprayed the engine bay 2 pack satin black, came up great.

Its all coming together now!!!

post-78219-0-69157800-1310119796_thumb.jpg

post-78219-0-15508500-1310119809_thumb.jpg