SAU Community

R35 Jdm English Translation

Has anyone tried to swap an ADM MFD circuit board into a JDM car?

That'd be my first thing to try. Afterall in the old R34's the NISMO upgrade was just a different circuit board. Can't see why the R35's would be any different - although you may need to swap both the MFD and the dash clusters - not sure.

Also - didn't Nissan offer an MFD update for the ADM car so that the original ones could get the Sat-Nav and iPod stuff? Again if so I presume it was mostly just a board swap but maybe Nissan Oz can answer that.

Has anyone tried to swap an ADM MFD circuit board into a JDM car?

That'd be my first thing to try. Afterall in the old R34's the NISMO upgrade was just a different circuit board. Can't see why the R35's would be any different - although you may need to swap both the MFD and the dash clusters - not sure.

Also - didn't Nissan offer an MFD update for the ADM car so that the original ones could get the Sat-Nav and iPod stuff? Again if so I presume it was mostly just a board swap but maybe Nissan Oz can answer that.

That might just work...

Pretty sure that can't be done

The 09 ADM cars had an analogue unit, whereas 2010 ADM with sat nav, higher res screen etc is a digital unit

The JDM was always a digital unit I believe, so you'd need to be tinkering with a unit out of a 2010 ADM build car

If you haven't already bought a JDM, I'd just go the extra mile for an ADM 2010 build. Will give you all the mod cons and hold it's value better

The brains of the unit is behind the cd slot, I've gotten behind there to bypass the DVD inmotion lock out, it all looks very well integrated back there, I highly doubt it's a simple switch

Edited by domino_z

Pretty sure that can't be done

The 09 ADM cars had an analogue unit, whereas 2010 ADM with sat nav, higher res screen etc is a digital unit

The JDM was always a digital unit I believe, so you'd need to be tinkering with a unit out of a 2010 ADM build car

If you haven't already bought a JDM, I'd just go the extra mile for an ADM 2010 build. Will give you all the mod cons and hold it's value better

The brains of the unit is behind the cd slot, I've gotten behind there to bypass the DVD inmotion lock out, it all looks very well integrated back there, I highly doubt it's a simple switch

thanks everyone, sounds very difficult and dont have a spare to practise on LOL.

already have the car.

dont need any specific translating - my japanese fluent friend helped with phone bluetooth link ups and a few minor things, but 90% of the stuff incl sat nav / voice activation etc is inaccessible .

didnt buy the car for those niceties and yes, ADM's will clearly hold value better esp as NISSAN Aus wont deal with grey imports.

thought i read of someone on UK or NAGTR forum hacking the computer in 2009 and then the thread went dead.

cheers anyway,

Daz.

it is an entirely different unit to the ADM. been there already and the unit needs a firmware update to make it work. the rest of the O/S is on the HDD but without the firmware its not a lot of help.

I have hacked navi into a couple of jap ones but thats it.

• 3 years later...

Hi there,

I have been actively trying to source the HDD files (app.bin to be specific) so we can proceed to create a software conversion.

I tried posting on GT-R life as it looks like a few members have the appropriate files but looks like the moderators are blocking my posts for this for whatever reason.

Anyway, we have successfully created conversions for Mitsubishi's, Honda's, Mazda's and are working on many more so I can guarantee a conversion if someone could help supply the files from the HDD :)

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just a case of you need someone to donate a car? Or can they access easily enough for themselves to supply you with?

(just asking to maybe help the process along a little). Won't find anyone blocking such things here, no vested interest you see :)

• Like 1

Is it just a case of you need someone to donate a car? Or can they access easily enough for themselves to supply you with?

(just asking to maybe help the process along a little). Won't find anyone blocking such things here, no vested interest you see :)

Hi there,

I wouldn't say its an easy process to get to the HDD in the R35 :) and once that part is done, that person would either need to send me the HDD or know how to unlock it to get to the firmware (could help with that part)

A member on another forum kindly shared the American firmware, so all we need is the Japanese firmware to get things underway.

Apparently was a conflict of interest for the moderators on that site for us to create a conversion :) they are only delaying the inevitable :P

P.S. Apologies for the delay on this reply, I wasn't signed up for notifications on this thread...

• Like 1