SAU Community

How Do You Remove Weather Shields From Doors

SOB

Ok guys/gals, how do you remove weather shields (without butchering)them from around doors. There seems to be a series of small clips

& maybe glued or double/side tape. Any help appreciated.

Cheers Shane

Ok guys/gals, how do you remove weather shields (without butchering)them from around doors. There seems to be a series of small clips

& maybe glued or double/side tape. Any help appreciated.

Cheers Shane

The clips just have little plastic nuts on their underside; undo them.

The double sided tape/ glue; heat gently with a hairdryer to soften and use a length of fishing line or builders string slipped between the two surafces to saw through.

Don't try to pry them off; they can be brittle & easy to crack, just take your time :thumbsup:

That sikaflex is serious #%it...I'll never get the suckers off if needed ones thinks. Might go the 3m double sided route.

Thanks for imput.

just make sure its good, under a speed they may fly of if they arent secure

i tried 3m double sided. didnt stand up to the summer heat after the car had been sitting in the car park at work all day - soon as i hit the freeway the tape pulled free.

i used sikaflex on the front section that runs down the a-pillar, and on the top it's just held on by tape and the tabs.

but you're right - sikaflex is awesome stuff until you want to get rid of it!

• Sikaflex® - PRO Polyurethane (PU) Sealant
  • Sikaflex® - 11FC Polyurethane (PU) Adhesive/Sealant
  • Sikaflex® - 221 Industrial Adhesive/Sealant
  • Sikaflex® - 227 Automotive Adhesive/Sealant
  • Sikaflex® - 295UV Marine Sealant/Adhesive

Which one did you use as Im putting them on ?

Thanks Mark.

the automotive adhesive

fantastic stuff. used it for the past 10 years and it has never failed.

if you make a mess, clean it up with prepsol before it dries. wear gloves too, because it will stain your fingers for a few days and gets impossibly deep under your finger nails!

• 6 months later...

I would buy a new pair. I believe they were still available ex-Japan recently...perhaps get someone like Kudos Motorsport (great bloke!), Justjap, KDS Parts etc onto it?

The clips just have little plastic nuts on their underside; undo them.

Question;

My clips on both sides just seem to be...clips? I couldn't see any plastic nuts.

I would buy a new pair. I believe they were still available ex-Japan recently...perhaps get someone like Kudos Motorsport (great bloke!), Justjap, KDS Parts etc onto it?

Question;

My clips on both sides just seem to be...clips? I couldn't see any plastic nuts.

Could well be slightly different on yours; on the M35, they have little plastic nuts (Thumbwheels really) though.

Aha, missed the M35 bit in your profile.

Well, will I make some enquiries? I wouldn't mind the deflector for the front sunroof in matching rosey tint either.