SAU Community

hello, im new here. i just wanted to ask everyone...im doing an assignment on the gtr 33 and to research on it i wanted to find out things about the gtr 32 more specifically any faults or flaws it had in it and why the gtr 33 is better. It would be great if u could help me out :wavey:

Not quite true... There were some improvements from the R32 to R33 evolution, especially in the ATTESA (4WD) system.

The ATESSA-ETS in the R32 model updated it's information 4 times per second.

The ATESSA-ETS in the R33 base model updated 20 times per second, and the ATESSA-ETS PRO system in the R33 GTR V-Spec updated 1000 times per second.

Also, the ATESSA-ETS PRO system in the V-Spec came with an "Active-LSD" in the rear, that proportioned torque electronically laterally between the two rear wheels, as well as longitudinally between the front and rear wheels. In the R32 GTR and base R33 GTR, the ATESSA system only controlled torque split longitudinally between the front and rear.

Another difference is the brakes. The majority of R32 GTRs used Sumitomo-brand 4-piston brakes. These came with 296mm x 32mm brake rotors. The very rare R32 GTR V-Spec 2 and the entire R33 GTR range were blessed with the famous Italian BREMBO 4-piston calipers and rotors measuring a considerably larger 324mm x 30mm. Thus, the braking system was VASTLY improved on the R33 GTR range.

People who claim that the R32 GTR is a better car are usually people who have never driven both the R32 and R33 GTRs, and are just dreamers who love talking about cars they've never owned. They spend their time quoting other people's opinions on the matter verbatim and pass it off as their own. They're just sheep. Don't listen to them.

The R33 GTR is between 30-60kgs heavier than the R32 GTR, depending on spec levels. With improved suspension geometry in the R33 GTR, this weight gain is negligible, and hardly noticeable unless you drive both cars back-to-back.

Here are links to the specifications of all three models of GTR:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r32.asp

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r33.asp

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r34.asp

Good luck with the assignment.

Not quite true... There were some improvements from the R32 to R33 evolution, especially in the ATTESA (4WD) system.

The ATESSA-ETS in the R32 model updated it's information 4 times per second.

The ATESSA-ETS in the R33 base model updated 20 times per second, and the ATESSA-ETS PRO system in the R33 GTR V-Spec updated 1000 times per second.  

Also, the ATESSA-ETS PRO system in the V-Spec came with an "Active-LSD" in the rear, that proportioned torque electronically laterally between the two rear wheels, as well as longitudinally between the front and rear wheels. In the R32 GTR and base R33 GTR, the ATESSA system only controlled torque split longitudinally between the front and rear.

Another difference is the brakes. The majority of R32 GTRs used Sumitomo-brand 4-piston brakes. These came with 296mm x 32mm brake rotors. The very rare R32 GTR V-Spec 2 and the entire R33 GTR range were blessed with the famous Italian BREMBO 4-piston calipers and rotors measuring a considerably larger 324mm x 30mm. Thus, the braking system was VASTLY improved on the R33 GTR range.

People who claim that the R32 GTR is a better car are usually people who have never driven both the R32 and R33 GTRs, and are just dreamers who love talking about cars they've never owned. They spend their time quoting other people's opinions on the matter verbatim and pass it off as their own. They're just sheep. Don't listen to them.  

The R33 GTR is between 30-60kgs heavier than the R32 GTR, depending on spec levels. With improved suspension geometry in the R33 GTR, this weight gain is negligible, and hardly noticeable unless you drive both cars back-to-back.

Here are links to the specifications of all three models of GTR:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r32.asp

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r33.asp

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r34.asp

Good luck with the assignment.

Good info Andrew!

But I still like my 32's cos the handling on the limit keeps you awake and they did win Bathurst....

even though the pack of arseholes didn't want it too. :D

Cheers

Ken

Good info Andrew!

But I still like my 32's cos the handling on the limit keeps you awake and they did win Bathurst....

even though the pack of arseholes didn't want it too. :D  

Cheers

Ken

By no means am I putting down the R32 GTR. It was a legend for a reason.

All I'm saying is that take a step back and think about all the little kids saying that the R33 is a boat, and that it's SOOOO much heavier than the R32, and blah blah blah... They've most probably never even driven a GTR, let alone done a back-to-back comparison between them both.

There are good and bad points of both cars when compared side by side, but nowhere near enough to warrant the R33 bashing that some 16 year old kids like to partake in, because they read it in a magazine.

Hehehe.

You bite well and you should know that the internet is the home of the 12 year mechanical engineer.

Yes I do agree that people tend to follow the general consensus of opinion without even knowing why.

I like my 32's but a 33 got the closest to winning Targa Tas o/right which is better than a 32 has done , which to me is a better indication of a well handling road car, not a purpose built race car.

Anyway, I hope this helps Karen with her assignment..

Cheers

ken

Karen

Just a suggestion, but considering you're in WA, why not go speak to a few people around town. Ken, I can see you have your hand up (he's in Malaga), and am sure you'd spare a few minutes to allow questions to be asked and a couple of pics of the Targa prepped 32 you have.

Either than, or speak up in the WA section, I'm sure you could get Brett (EVL R33?) to give you his opinion on his R33 GT-R. And Micko will certainly help out with the R32 aspect as well.

Cheers

Brendan

BTW, if you check out my site, you'll find a little background section on the R32 GT-R there that may help out along with specs & photos on the R32 GT-R V-spec (1993) edition.

i think the reason why the 32 was put into the bathurst series is because it was bacially a race built car with plates on it. i read some info awhile ago can't remember where but it was that nissan made this car for the track. but in saying that i think any GTR is wonderful and i love them all!!!! :) have you guys seen the ZERO-R's made by HKS??? they are a R32 gtr with a new style bodykit, win exhausts, 2.8L HKS stroker kit, big single turbo, specially made 17' or 18's, no back seat, motobiker side filler for fuel, everything about this car is race SPEC, everything!!! if i can find the article i'll scan it in. they made 10 and only sold 2 because they were asking too much. now the 8 just sit behind the HKS factory with covers over them and moss growing on the bumpwer and the brakes rusted away.... so sad...:);):)

The R32 is not better then the R33 , the engine is not entirely the same ,

The R33 has newer and more stronger internals then the R32 , handles better,brakes better , aerodynamics are better and also it is more stable at higher speeds.

The R32 is just a car to have fun with at a low budget sorta thing :) .

The VSPEC R32's are pretty much the good R32's ;)

shit's all over the R33 any day... and u know it!

Let me guess.......... You own an R32? :stupid:

I'd ask how many R33 GTRs you've driven, but being the internet, you could just say 5000 and I'd have no recourse to prove otherwise sad2.gif