SAU Community

Omega 3 Fish Oil

PM-R33

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep still fine man :)

My girlfriend has been taking them aswell and no negative effects.

One day I had a tiny bit of a fishy taste from a burp a couple of hours later but that's only because I was running late for work, didn't eat breakfast and only had the tablet.

• 5 weeks later...

It might work better if taken in conjunction with Musashi Inositol

Inositol and EPA/DHA collectively strengthen the myelin sheaths of cells.

And Plan C is to also introduce Coenzyme Q10 whilst working out.

I can't say that the above is the answer for you; but at least it's a process of elimination.

• 3 weeks later...

My order turned up late last week of the same brand Phil got, i did the premium though.

So far only taking 1 per day and I'm not getting any major issues with reflux and I get it bad with other tablets.

Very impressed and I'm feeling quite good at the moment. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

I cannot recall any info that says that fatty acid chains are altered deleteriously during the canning process.

Experiment:- try omega 3 at optimal doses for say 3 months then stop > then check a couple of weeks later if your functioning falls off somewhat?

My question was more related to the content of Omega 3, i.e. Is the tuna can a suitable daily dosage?

Experiment sounds good but OCD won't let me do that lol, it'll pickup on some psychosomatic placebo response even if I'm in the control group :P

On the plus side Tiger Balm works wonders for me...

What benefits should I be looking for (bad experimental bias here) when introducing Omega 3 to the diet?

Curiously, if I'm eating a 95gm can of tuna each day, will this give me enough Omega 3 or should I be supplementing with tablets?

My 195gram can of tuna in olive oil contains:

32mg EPA

155MG DHA

Olive oil contains omega 3's, and its ~81% tuna, 19% olive oil.

An omega 3 capsule contains a lot more than that, tuna is not a fatty fish, salmon is :)

Ideally you should be balancing your omega 6 to omega 3 ratio, although I've never known how much omega 6 I'm getting through my diet so I've been taking a small amount of fish oil.

EDIT: Possibly irrelevant but one of the benefits of omega 3 is lower inflammation levels. However, I've found circumin much more effective than anything else for that, its got my tendonitis under control :)

Must report in... Getting slight reflux issues with the Xtend life product, in certain situations.

The only time I do is if I take one soon as I get outta bed. So not having eaten for 8-9hrs.

Long as I have even a small amount of food, its totally fine.

So quite impressive overall

Good to gear man. I've noticed similar. If I take one before breakfast I get a couple of burps after an hour or so.

After breakfast or with any food it's all good.

I'm onto my second bottle now. Got the second one a lot cheaper due to their loyality program thing :)

I get mine in less than 15mins after taking it :D

But ye, overall quite good. Not sure if it's just the oil or the fact im coming off a pretty hefty illness but im certainly feeling quite good the past week since I've started taking it

So what's the deal with fish oil tablets? Been thinking of buying some... I eat about 180g canned tuna a week - would that be sufficient enough to not have to supplement with fish oil tablets?

What brand should I get if I do need some? They will need to be small tablets, I currently don't swallow tablets because my mind say's no haha.

Edited by Dani Boi