SAU Community

Good Bodyworks Place?

Clandestine

Had a bit of a scrape the other day and unfortunately knocked a piece of plastic off some poor guys bumper, hardly any damage but left a note and now am looking for a good place for him to get a quote etc. so we can get this all fixed and out of the way. Does anyone know of a good, reliable place which is around hobart town/lutana/moonah etc? Even possibly somewhere in battery point/sandy bay as that's where the scrape happened (damn those narrow streets..).

I'm kind of hoping they can patch up the bit which was hit rather than replace the entire bumper, but as I've never been through this sort of stuff I have no idea what the go is..

Any help is appreciated :)

Jay

zenith paint and panel , their work seems good from what i've seen , i don't know what their pricing is like though . on the corner of lampton ave and the showgrounds street , i'd help you out if i had the time :)

I am a qualified Panel beater (although no longer in the poxy trade)

Pickens would be one of the best in the state. run by arse holes, decent paint and panel. most of the guys are ex bocchino's. Bocchino's do good work (worked there for 3 years) but you'll pay and they are too arse holes from hell.

failing that, superfinish are not too bad.

Thanks guys, will have to check them out :) It's basically just replacing a small piece of plastic, or possibly a new strip around the top of the bumper if they want it all fixed up... My car is in pretty good shape with a small dent on the left rear quarter panel (didn't even take the paint off) so I'll look at getting that out at a slightly later date :)

Thanks guys, will have to check them out :) It's basically just replacing a small piece of plastic, or possibly a new strip around the top of the bumper if they want it all fixed up... My car is in pretty good shape with a small dent on the left rear quarter panel (didn't even take the paint off) so I'll look at getting that out at a slightly later date :)

What sort of car did you hit? , can you get a pic?

What sort of car did you hit? , can you get a pic?

It was this old 1980's BMW, the top part was already there and I just knocked off the plastic behind the indicator. If it was my car and it was that age I'd probably be pulling out the super glue, but he will probably want it patched up nicely which is probably fair enough :)

post-67169-0-76589700-1311546617_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Diprose Bodyworks in Derwent Park do work for me all the time and produce good work.

Thanks mate, I passed on all the other recommendations and the guy took his car into SuperFinish for a quote. They claim they need to replace the entire front bumper and have quoted between $600-$700, which is a bit strange since I didn't even touch the bumper... He's agreed to get another quote, so we'll see what happens after that. If he comes back with anything else that high I might take a couple of photo's I took around and see if I can get some ideas from some bodyworks on my own :)

Jay

That has most certainly crossed my mind...

Just bring it to me, I'll pretend to be a proper bodyworks dude and just double sided tape that bad boy on. Then you give me 100 beers and we all have a party thumbsup.gif

It's obvious he isn't too fussy about it, what with the pre-existing damage.

Edited by zoidbergmerc