SAU Community

Considering Moving To Australia. Bringing My Stagea

DeanR33

I'm currently thinking about moving to Australia from the UK. I don't want to go into that here too much, but I have questions about bringing my Stagea.

Does anyone know what hoops I'll have to jump through ? Will I have to "Standardise" my motor ? If so, to what extent ? What's the procedure for registering it ? Can I run for a while on UK plates ? Insurance ? Oh and anything else that I need to know ?

It's a 1999 RS4V with a Masa body. RB25DET Neo. Induction kit, exhaust, steel internal turbo, FMIC, bigger brakes, Tein coilovers, Gizzmo EBC, R34GTR wheels.

stageas are cheap as chips here, would probably save yourself a lot of trouble and money if you left yours there and just bought another here. Australia is pretty tight with road laws and vehicle imports

Bearing in mind, my employer will be paying transport costs, so I wouldn't have that to worry about.. So what would a car of my spec cost out there ? and am I even likely to be able to find a Masa Stagea with the mods I have ?

That's great!

Australia is tops and so are Stageas! Combining the two will bring you much happiness.:thumbsup:

I too have a black Stagea, live in Australia, and I'm incredibly happy, coincidence; I think not...

Seriously, I'd pose the question of personal imports to Iron Chef; I'm sure he'll give you the info you need.

I think the rules are quite different regarding mods on personal imports, if your mods are able to pass an engineers inspection; you should have no real issues getting registration, and if your employer is footing the bill, then that's one of the biggest hurdles taken care of.

That and I like the look of your car; so bring it over here, and find out just how much fun it is to leave a black car parked in the sun, on a 40 degree day...:whistling: Do you have leather seats?pinch.gif

Edited by Daleo

Yeah, have a chat to "Iron Chef" (Kristian) about personal imports.

Depending on which state of Australia you are moving to will depend on what/if anything has to be removed from your car.

Oh, and you may want to think about upgrading your radiator for our summers (unless you're moving to Tasmania :P)

Personally I'd buy something nice and rare and unable to import to Australia, stay in the UK for another 12 months, bring it over as a personal import, flog it off in Aus for $$$PROFIT and then deck out a Stagea over here to the same or better spec with money to spare.

But that's just me :)

I'm currently thinking about moving to Australia from the UK. I don't want to go into that here too much, but I have questions about bringing my Stagea.

Does anyone know what hoops I'll have to jump through ? Will I have to "Standardise" my motor ? If so, to what extent ? What's the procedure for registering it ? Can I run for a while on UK plates ? Insurance ? Oh and anything else that I need to know ?

It's a 1999 RS4V with a Masa body. RB25DET Neo. Induction kit, exhaust, steel internal turbo, FMIC, bigger brakes, Tein coilovers, Gizzmo EBC, R34GTR wheels.

Dean stick with what you have mate ,you have a great car then sweet ,

just don`t buy a BLOODY VOLVO pinch.gif

just don`t buy a BLOODY VOLVO pinch.gif

What's wrong with a Volvo....they have a very good PROVEN race pedigree.....T5's are blood good cars...... When put up against CAMRY wagons they win hands down.

IMO I would try to stick with you car bud....looks the goods.....and I am sure you would get any help needed from other C34 guys to get it on the road....right guys!

Edited by Jetwreck