SAU Community

What Size Bolts Are Required For 34 Gtr Brembo's?

I just need the length and thread pitch for the m14 bolts that hold the 34 brembo calipers to the hub..

Need both front and rear sizes, as I need to get some cause im putting them on my 32 gtr, which are only m12..

Im not gonna go back to sumitomo calipers, so I"ll drill the hubs to m14... I was pretty it would be a 1.25 pitch..

How long is my next question? I cant be bothered atm to pull an existing ones out to measure length..

Im not gonna go back to sumitomo calipers, so I"ll drill the hubs to m14... I was pretty it would be a 1.25 pitch..

How long is my next question? I cant be bothered atm to pull an existing ones out to measure length..

From memory the Sumitomo calliper had a 1.25 pitch and the Brembo a 1.5 But get a thread guage and check it because my memory is shot to hell these days.

From memory the Sumitomo calliper had a 1.25 pitch and the Brembo a 1.5 But get a thread guage and check it because my memory is shot to hell these days.

correct. sumis are M12 1.25 brembos are M14 1.5. i put timeserts in my sets to change them back to M12 1.25. even better than heli-coils imo. come in high carbon steel and stainless too.

Re: Beer Baron,

Where did you get them from .... Bearing traders all alike ?

If I could also ask a few a questions about your fitment as I was only looking at this last night,

Rotor dia - two of one peace - thickness

Rotor to suit 32-33-34 etc in terms of hat height

Outer pad fitment .... Any problems with rubbing on the hat ?

Cheers

Or how anyone else's has done it .... I'M NOT DRILLING MY HUBS.

i wimped out and got a thread repair type bloke to do them. he was awesome and cost was about $100-$150 for the 4 holes to be drilled, tapped, timeserts supplied and fitted. he did a very nice job. you really do want these holes to be dead square and in the perfect spot.

but if you just want to buy some timeserts and the kit (comes with drill bit, tap and inserting tool) most fastener places will sell them (if in sydney try coventry fasteners).

rotor diameter just use 324mm same as R33/R34 GTR standard.

2 piece is fine, there's a number of options in different brands. should not be any problem with outer pad fouling on the hat as long as they are the correct R33/R34 GTR hats with the right offset etc.

if anyone is after a set of brembos I have a set of R34 GTR brembos front and rear (came off a car with 12,500kms!), full set of brand new slotted rotors (plus a set of used ones I got with them), full set of project mu pads, all lines, shims etc, fitted with timeserts in the front to allow fitment with standard bolts onto R32s and R33s.