SAU Community

What Cat For Emissions Test

I understand you now, drive around with a decat pipe, if you get pulled over and cop a defect then put a factory cat back in when you go in for an inspection.

What about this scenario:

Car accident where the car is undriveable and the insurance people come and do an inspection of the car. They could argue that your car is not roadworthy and therefore not covered by insurance.

I think most people on the road would be screwed then...

I vote stock cat for the test and highflow for the street. Either way you probably wont pass. lol.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people on the road would be screwed then...

I vote stock cat for the test and highflow for the street. Either way you probably wont pass. lol.

Its in an old VL remember!! The emission standards are very leanient due to the age of the car. I think with a newer type factory cat, plus a newer engine (RB25) it will be a walk in the park.

Emissions test(all legal standards) goes by engine not chassis, afaik that's why you can't fit an engine older then the car.

Edited by lilcrash

What about this scenario:

Car accident where the car is undriveable and the insurance people come and do an inspection of the car. They could argue that your car is not roadworthy and therefore not covered by insurance.

That's where the single cell cat wins over a decat pipe, unless your insurance does an emmisions test.