SAU Community

Rb25Det Coolant Hose Replacement

VLSteve

Hi all, I've done some searching and found a few (fairly old) threads some showing diagrams listing all the coolant hoses for the RB25 - but to replace them all with new genuine Nissan hoses it will cost about $400. (I replaced them all once on one of my old RB25's!)

Does anyone know of an aftermarket kit that does the job - say one made by Gates? I do realise some of the hoses can be replaced by generic bits of hose, but some of the trickier bends are too hard to replicate...

Surely I'm not the only person thats come across this issue? And surely I'm not the only tight arse around here! :D

• 2 weeks later...

No kits found by me. I have written in a few threads with the 2 diagrams. There was about 14 hoses all up I think?

I would strongly suggest buying the OEM Nissan items for the 4 heater hoses plus replacing the 4-way metal join that is down above the starter motor. I used Gates racing silicon for the 2 x radiator hoses. For the other 8 or so hoses under the plenum I took everything off and went behind the desk at Repco to find suitable pipes from other cars that have similar bends and diameters(typically other jap cars have similar pipe sizes - I think they are metric). The hoses connecting to the throttle plate I think is generic 7.5mm ID gates hose - CHEAP !

This was 2 years ago and no leaks since :)

(eg. the other day I bought a Corolla heater hose 13mm for $18 at Supercheap. I used one small straight section for the BOV return hose and achieved a perfect fit. Still 2 bends left for other stuff around the engine bay).

Edited by simpletool

Yeah I found the diagrams you posted, took a printout to Nissan and ordered them all for about $433, I just use the VL radiator and heater hoses though...

Less headaches for sure buying from Nissan, I just thought a company such as Gates would have brought out a kit!!

Cheers

Yeah I found the diagrams you posted, took a printout to Nissan and ordered them all for about $433, I just use the VL radiator and heater hoses though...

Less headaches for sure buying from Nissan, I just thought a company such as Gates would have brought out a kit!!

Cheers

Link? Thank you

I need asap.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update this thread with some part numbers for anyone else looking to replace their hoses.........

Compare the letter to the attached image -

A – There can be 2 part numbers for this. Series 1 / early S2 have an ‘S’ shaped hose as shown in the pic, Later Series 2 have a 90 degree hose.

Series 1 p/n is 14056-75T16. Series 2 p/n is 14056-17U00

B – 14056-75T21

C – 14056-21U10

D – 14056-75T10

E – 14056-21U20

F – 14056-21U00

G – 21307-21U20

H – 21307-21U15

90 degree hose for Turbo coolant return at the back of the head is 14055-21U00

post-14177-0-01844400-1318865367_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to find a pic or part number for the hose that comes off the plenum at the back and joins to the coolant return for the turbo.

The threads for simpletool's diagrams don't seem to be in the system anymore and I've spent the better part of around an hour searching with only a few pics of other ways around the problem. I think one way is just using a longer braided hose straight to the plenum, but I don't have the time or money right now. Maybe in the near future. I just have a leak in that hose and want to fix it asap for now.

You might want to try Boost Junkies from the UK. They do all sorts of pipes for Skylines and I'm sure they'll be happy to ship to the UK.

http://www.boostjunkies.co.uk/

I just ordered a full set of silicon breather hoses for 130GBP or 190AUD. Like the ones in this picture http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159641

• 8 months later...

Just thought I'd update this thread with some part numbers for anyone else looking to replace their hoses.........

Compare the letter to the attached image -

A – There can be 2 part numbers for this. Series 1 / early S2 have an 'S' shaped hose as shown in the pic, Later Series 2 have a 90 degree hose.

Series 1 p/n is 14056-75T16. Series 2 p/n is 14056-17U00

B – 14056-75T21

C – 14056-21U10

D – 14056-75T10

E – 14056-21U20

F – 14056-21U00

G – 21307-21U20

H – 21307-21U15

90 degree hose for Turbo coolant return at the back of the head is 14055-21U00

Anyone know where I could get the coolant bypass hose (E) ?

Its got a slight bend in it, has anyone matched this with another hose or just used OEM nissan pipes.. Can't seem to find one and mine split last week.

Anyone know where I could get the coolant bypass hose (E) ?

Its got a slight bend in it, has anyone matched this with another hose or just used OEM nissan pipes.. Can't seem to find one and mine split last week.

Yep - on one of my motors (a while before I started this thread), I just used a straight bit of hose that had the right I/D and same length and it bent into shape when everything went back together and it has been fine since.

2nd motor, I was able to buy it from Nissan using the above part number, but I have no idea if they're still available.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to find a pic or part number for the hose that comes off the plenum at the back and joins to the coolant return for the turbo.

The threads for simpletool's diagrams don't seem to be in the system anymore and I've spent the better part of around an hour searching with only a few pics of other ways around the problem. I think one way is just using a longer braided hose straight to the plenum, but I don't have the time or money right now. Maybe in the near future. I just have a leak in that hose and want to fix it asap for now.

in the same boat (lol badum tshh) its hose F on that diagram, took the plenum off to get to it but cant get the hose off the bottom part..sigh

edit: or maybe im talking about something completely different.

Edited by kiasu