SAU Community

Rebuild Vq35De

T4NK

Hey guys after many days at import yards and much disappointment i have decided to look into what i need to do to allow for a Turbo/SC kit to run 10-15 PSI of boost in the V35, to achieve around 250-300 RWKW. I have come up with the following list of mods im looking for some input to see what i have missed,

Pistons

Head Gasket

Main/Rod bearings

Forged con rods

Head/main studs

Forged crank shaft

Fuel delivery will be taken car of with the kit that i get for the SC or turbo will be getting a full kit with injectors ECU and all the other bits. This is purly what the motor requires to have worked so it does not go boom in the night. Im not 100% sure on what brands i will need to use to do this i have been reading on G35drive and found some good stuff.

Any input is welcome please let me know if i have missed anything.

HKS SC kit is probably the FI that i would use link to it below

http://www.rhdjapan....z33-cpv35-64031

stoping power

I will also be doing a sloted roter brake upgrade kit

Transmission

The car has a 5speed auto transmission, im going to have a transgo shift kit installed that is designed to ready the box for turbo/SC

Edited by T4NK

Hey guys after many days at import yards and much disappointment i have decided to look into what i need to do to allow for a Turbo/SC kit to run 10-15 PSI of boost in the V35, to achieve around 250-300 RWKW. I have come up with the following list of mods im looking for some input to see what i have missed,

Pistons

Head Gasket

Main/Rod bearings

Forged con rods

Head/main studs

Forged crank shaft

Fuel delivery will be taken car of with the kit that i get for the SC or turbo will be getting a full kit with injectors ECU and all the other bits. This is purly what the motor requires to have worked so it does not go boom in the night. Im not 100% sure on what brands i will need to use to do this i have been reading on G35drive and found some good stuff.

Any input is welcome please let me know if i have missed anything.

HKS SC kit is probably the FI that i would use link to it below

http://www.rhdjapan....z33-cpv35-64031

stoping power

I will also be doing a sloted roter brake upgrade kit

Transmission

The car has a 5speed auto transmission, im going to have a transgo shift kit installed that is designed to ready the box for turbo/SC

I dont know how much the SC kit is but if its over $3500 then get a HKS turbo kit for under that, Kudos motorsport may have one left. You may be pushing to get 400RWHP from a SC...

I will list prices that are without shipping from the USA but are the cheapest prices just from looking around on the net.

As far as a built engine: Performance parts

Wiseco Pistons 96.0mm (+0.020" Over Bore) 8.5:1 + Rings $1150 (includes eagle rods)

Eagle H Beam Rods & ARP rod bolts $inc above

ACL Race Rod/Main/Thrust Washers & Washers $165

ARP Main studs $167

NGK Iridium one step cooler spark plugs $70

*Dont worry about forged crank shaft

OEM parts you will need

Welsch Plugs (can be reused i guess) $30

Rev up oil pump (can use old one but i upgraded) $190

Water pump (can be reused i guess) $46

Overhaul gasket set $250

2x Timing Chain $210

3 Tensioners + 2 guides (you could get away with old ones but you never want to have to replace this stuff once engine is back in) $230

HR Head studs * $58

HR Head gasket * $58

* You can save alot of money by going the HR head gasket and HR head bolt route, they are good for 600HP

http://www.jimwolfte..._HEAD_BOLTS.pdf

if you want ARP head studs then $175 or $400 for L19s. If you want Cosworth head gasket then $260

Machine work that you will need to do (and will cost between $1200-1500)

Head recon x2

Bore & Hone

Deck block

Chemical clean

Balancing

Crank regrind

Other stuff so you can include in budget if needed

Fuel pump DW 300ltr one (better than walbro) $170

DW injectors, 600 perfect for your goals $lots second hand for $350ish

Radiator - you will need a better one than stock Koyo Rad Vs Stock $350 + fans ($120)

Wideband gauge like Zeitronic ZT-2, maybe even oil temp/pressure gauge ($250-300ish)

EMS you seem to have sorted..

Stopping power

Stoptech Stage 2 (slotted rotors, braided lines, motul rbf fluid) $860

Get a pair of used brembos from g35driver of my350z $800-1200

Save up for handling so you can use that 300rwkw

whiteline sway bars and upgraded end links $700-800

then bc racing br coilovers $1300

If you want contacts of where to get the cheapest stuff (cheaper than prices i found displayed online) then let me know, trust me i researched the shit out of it, spoke to many vendors in the states, that list is countless hours of research...

Edited by R6n350GT

I agree, you have a large engine which will easily spin up a GT35 with no lag and over 300kw output. If you went with e85 fuel you could even do it on the stock motor imo. I have managed to fit my GTX3071 under the passenger side header, a GT35 with external gate would just clear also.

I have a set of VQ25det manifolds here if you need them, same ones HKS use... :whistling:

hey guys thanks heaps for all the input thats awesome so from what you have researched its around 10k just for parts including a turbo kit in that 10k, then say around 3-4k for labor on a rough guess. that still beats the price of 14k for a HKS kit to be supplied and installed by a shop in sydney. Im still in the research phase at the moment im currently looking at doing the V35 with the turbo and a rebuild so i dont blow the engine but im also looking at doing a Soarer conversion to a getrag 6 speed with a 2jz in it.

Your going to want to put a LSD in the car if your going to have that sort of power, unless you enjoying frying one wheel when you hammer it on take off

5AT will need an upgrade but dont the 6MT come with LSD? Or the sports packs? its hard to tell which has it and which dont.

hey guys thanks heaps for all the input thats awesome so from what you have researched its around 10k just for parts including a turbo kit in that 10k, then say around 3-4k for labor on a rough guess. that still beats the price of 14k for a HKS kit to be supplied and installed by a shop in sydney. Im still in the research phase at the moment im currently looking at doing the V35 with the turbo and a rebuild so i dont blow the engine but im also looking at doing a Soarer conversion to a getrag 6 speed with a 2jz in it.

Tuning is another $800-1200 for Utec or flashed cpu, if you get Haltec which is better as full standalone tuning will be alot more as its like double the amount of hours to tune and at $200 and hour its $

Installation i have no idea, im doing that with a engine builder friend.

Edited by R6n350GT

"stoping power

I will also be doing a sloted roter brake upgrade kit"

if you want to step it up from that, i've got some v36/z34 akebono brakes with caliper adapters for v35 here. use 355mm rotors ;)

Tell you what i drove a WRX on the weekend and it has me 2nd guessing spending 12k+ on rebuilding the skyline for a turbo/SC setup. can get an 03 STI for under 20k now days with around 100,00KM on the clock. you guys think its worth spending the $$$ on the skyline.

Yeh i know what u mean Cobey, i could get a WRX or an EVO 7 for around 18-20k Sell the skyline and have 2-3k to play with on the new car, that gives me an upgraded turbo front mount (WRX) and boost guage, but then i could spend the money on the Skyline. From what some shops have told me with just the HKS SC kit and an exhaust i can hit 250 at the rears with no issues with stock internals anyone confirm this?

Yeh the HKS kit i was looking at has everything i need in it, injectors fuel pump ECU full kit, thats about 6.5k turbo techtonics also have a turbo kit for around the same price...tuut tuut tuut or a scream

• 1 month later...

hey i have been researching turbo kits for my 350gt sedan i have found both twin turbo kits and single but cost wise single is far cheaper but at the same time only runnin 6-8.5 psi max with all factory internals is ment to give 450hp complete bolt on kits will be buying one of the following kits in the near future.

http://www.misteeno.com/tusitusyvq1.html

http://www.turbo-kits.com/350Z_turbo_kits.html

if there are any other kits out there that are reasonable let me kno id like to research more thanks

• 1 month later...

I run about 250rwkw at 8psi with my Vortech Charger kit. At low boost such as that you will be fine with stock internals if you have a good tuner. That said, I have a built engine, with more boost and supporting fuel system and maybe cams, I should be able to safely run 300rwkw. I also have the 5AT transmission and have no issues (recommended to get a trans cooler and shift kit).

I am planning on parting my car out so if you are interested in the complete Vortech S/C kit with I/C, send me a PM. It comes with a brand new piggyback unit and recently serviced supercharger and all new belts etc.

Tank

There is a shop in So Cali that has done so many SC, ST and TT on V35 and Z's

Check out GT Motorsports and if you are in need of any info ask for Sam.

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/

At the bottom of the home page go into customer vehicles and view all the V35, V36, V37 and Z with the above set-ups.

The HKS SC Stage was $5,5800 USD a month ago but because HKS has finally left the states the price has jump up to $7800 but yu can get a Stage 1 for $5700 USD or you can go to Nengun and get one from them for Aus $6800, http://www.nengun.com/

Both kits are plu and play with the ECU HKS F-Con system.

Good luck T

• 8 months later...