SAU Community

Power Antenna Is Always Going Up

SargeRX8

It was fine with my pioneer deck. Fitted a new philips deck properly but the power antenna always goes up. I did not confuse the amp wire with the antenna wire. Could this be a deck characteristic? Its the one on special at auto barn philips ced750.

Without pulling apart my dash how can I disable the antenna completely? I tried unplugging a wire near the rear quarter. It just disabled my fuel pump lol. its an r33.

When I was installing my head unit. I checked to see if it switched on, but it wouldnt, but the antenna would go all the way up. After tinkering for ages and finding out my own silly mistake, i found the wire to the power antenna and then found a good earth tried it again and bam all sweet.

Did you install it yourself?

Dash takes 2 mins tops to pull out. And that is if youre using one hand haha.

If you didnt do it yourself I would take it back!

If you did do it yourself unplug the antenna wire going into the headunit. Youre problem definately lies with where the antenna has been plugged into the headunit, seeing as its giving it a constant voltage which is driving the antenna motor!

What you disconnected in the rear quarter was the fuel pump resistor,the antenna unit is right next to it,you just have to look behind it. There's two plugs going into it top and middle. Im guessing the top one is for signal and middle is for power,disconnect that.

I have this problem too, prior to removing the antenna unit for a rear quarter repair the aerial wasn't going up with stereo on and I noticed the middle plug was out,once repair was done I connected up the two plugs going into it the thing went up so previous owner did it.

Its annoying and ugly. Looking in my rear view to see some f**king demented, warped antenna sticking out. Disconnecting it was the best move ever. I can just wire up an internal antenna if I need it but never use radio anyway.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bump up such a old thread, But i just recently installed a Pioneer headunit, and it had no dedicated antenna wire. It has a blue/white wire which is "Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto antenna relay control terminal. 300mA 12v DC). So i plugged this i connected this wire to my antenna. Needless to say, it comes up every time i switch on the head unit.

I noticed i have a switch already down underneath the steering to lower and raise the antenna, is it possible to "modify" this switch to bring my antenna back all the way down? As it does indeed look absolutely pox.

Or wire up another switch for the antenna all together.

Sorry to bump up such a old thread, But i just recently installed a Pioneer headunit, and it had no dedicated antenna wire. It has a blue/white wire which is "Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto antenna relay control terminal. 300mA 12v DC). So i plugged this i connected this wire to my antenna. Needless to say, it comes up every time i switch on the head unit.

I noticed i have a switch already down underneath the steering to lower and raise the antenna, is it possible to "modify" this switch to bring my antenna back all the way down? As it does indeed look absolutely pox.

Or wire up another switch for the antenna all together.

Ill reply to this since this is my thread. My car did this all the time, a few decks to it too(always on). Its shit, stupid, ugly and pointless. I now run the car without the antenna wired to go up and down(always down). Radio works perfect when I'm, well anywhere(under cover parking different story but meh). Honestly, disconnect the wire and see how it goes with it always down. That switch on your dash doesn't control a voltage or anything. It controls the motor for the antenna directly. The deck turns the antenna on, that switch tells the motor to either do a half way out antenna or whole way out. I think if you rewired the switch to turn it on and off, you will lose the half length full length antenna feature. Another option is a dedicated switch between the antenna power and the deck. On and off, this way you retain the standard skyline switch and don't f**k anything around.

If you seriously want to control the power to the antenna, then get a missile switch (adds extra coolness) and wire the one side with the antenna wire and the other side to a power source of your choice. Maybe one that is constant when your driving. Acc would be my choice.

Then whenever you want the antenna flip that bad boy and boom antenna comes up.

Or leave it unplugged if you don't want to go through the hassle.

Hmm...I will agree it does look major pox.

But half way up it doesn't look TOO bad.

So i think i will just leave it as it is for now, or until i can be bothered taking my dash off to cut the wire.

Random question though.

How did you guys run the remote wire back to the boot for your amps? Take it you did it seperately from your RCA's?

Looking at amping my speakers at some point (Still got the stockies, as i doubt replacing them while still powered from a headunit is going to make much difference?)

Hmm...I will agree it does look major pox.

But half way up it doesn't look TOO bad.

So i think i will just leave it as it is for now, or until i can be bothered taking my dash off to cut the wire.

Random question though.

How did you guys run the remote wire back to the boot for your amps? Take it you did it seperately from your RCA's?

Looking at amping my speakers at some point (Still got the stockies, as i doubt replacing them while still powered from a headunit is going to make much difference?)

As per usual with all this kind of stuff, power wires to one side of the car, RCA to the other side. I suggest you remove the driver/passenger seats and rear seats. Makes life easier.

Edited by SargeRX8

• 6 months later...

Found this Post after a search for Blue wire.

My car is in bits trying to pull out my JVC and put in a Pioneer. (My First Install)

JVC has 2 blue wires - One "Remote" that is Spliced into the old Loom, and One Power Antenna that seems to have a new wire going off under the dash:,

Pioneer Has 1 for "Remote Control".

Pic here

I'm not sure what the blue wire does but I do Have an amp / sub, so I assume I use that connection for the Pioneer, and just leave the Antenna one off (meaning I have no auto antenna?

want to make sure I know what Im doing (sort of) before I cut that JVC Connector off.

cheers for any help

PS - sorry if noob - but why doesn't the indicator work with the dash off / Edit: works when I put the hazard switch back in.

Edited by Sinesweep