SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Well I am open to suggestions etc...this is still a "finding my feet" stage....BUT I dont like the stretched look....I prefer tyres that are nice and chunky....and tyres that run a sidewall right up to the edge of the rim..if you know what I mean....

So I want rims that run flush up to the guards...but do not stick out (must be fairly legal)....and tyres that are nice and chunky and do not rub....so yeah basically biggest rims that would allow for this ^^^^ is what I am after.

NOTHING BEFORE mid July though......birthday boy ;)

I havent clicked on this thread for a long time and my god I am glad I did!

The car looks amazing and is exactly the image I am aiming for with my 33.

But instead I am going matte black :rolleyes:

So it will be getting the re-trim and all that jaz.

Also around the same numbers we are both pulling.

Have you got a dyno graph we can see because that would be great

Thanks Daniel :thumbsup:

This is what the car is running at the moment.......we did pull 352.9 Hp (road) after running more timing etc..but its too dangerous with a stock head gasket and internals....and I dont really want to break anything for the sake of being a dyno queen and a few different digits..the power curve is nice and linear...and I like the way she comes on now...so yeah

20120621_233341.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Brake caliper painting day.............................

Had to get the subwoofer and carpeting out to take out the jack...

20120702_124125.jpg

Started with the back left.....(wheel nuts were bloody stubborn on the front - so will have to get a longer breaker bar or some WD40 tmrw)

Took off the wheel

Gave the brakes a good clean with brake and rotor cleaner

Covered and patched up everything

Before pics

DSCN1626.jpg

Yo man (with a thick Jamaican accent)...

Designer stud covers !!

DSCN1628.jpg

Patched up and ready

DSCN1629.jpg

Remembered to rub some vaseline on the NISSAN bit...hope it works

DSCN1635-Copy.jpg

Came up quite good I thought.....

Also before I forget...special thanks to Jonno for coming to help and for bringing tools...............your awesome man :)

20120702_160648.jpg

It did...but I decided that the factory off white looks too boring...so once I finish all four I am going to hand paint the NISSAN bit on each a bright fluro red. Gloss black caliper and drum with bright red writing...should look nice I daresay.

Started the right rear this morning.................gotta love nice sunny days :ph34r:

Progress pics......

20120711_131727.jpg

20120711_135931.jpg

IMG-20120711-WA0017.jpg

Windy day so I am paranoid about overspray..heheheee

Currently drying..will post finished pics soon.

IMG-20120712-WA0000-1.jpg

Happy with and very proud of the right rear....much easier to do and a lot quicker now that I have "experience"........Have to start taking pics with my camera...phone pics are terrible :/ (but you get the idea)

Nice!! Was talking to m.j.h on the weekend about doing mine as he just did them black BUT seeing your pics makes it so much more appealing..... Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

:thanks: ....Yeah they look awesome now - cant believe I didn't do this earlier !!

Cannot wait to do the fronts...the back calipers are tiny compared to them so I am expecting the fronts to look a lot sexier... :bunny:

Also cant wait to buy some bright red to do the lettering...hoping it will look something like this (HAHAHAAA)

Untitled-1.jpg

I read all 12 pages, and will continue reading and you progess. This car is freaking amazing, you've done so much work on it. Could you give an estimated price on what you've spent on the whole thing?

Spent about 40k (plus/minus) including buying it (14k)...but that is including EVERYTHING...I have an excel sheet where my latest entry for example is a $4.99 paintbrush that I am using to touch up the tiny spots right near the brake pads that I cant get to with the spray can.

Currently working on getting this laminated......

20120712_210916.jpg

It will go on the inside of the fuel flap thingo under the Jap monster decal...(pics to come)

Also....rain expected for the next few days so the front calipers will be done mid next week....stay tuned :whistling:

Volk GTC's in 18" x 9" +37 on the rear and 18" x 8.5" +37 on the front , they looked awesome in real life , no rolling or flaring lol (as far as i know)

Eg ; PMR33's old wheels

So finished off the sticker this morning.......

and then drove down to Ian Diffen land to check nitrogen pressures (because race car - lol) and "hung out" with her

20120717_092223.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

While the wheel was off I decided to clean it...............................yep....great idea (not)

Presenting 16 years of brake dust and road grime....................

20120727_164738.jpg

Spent the best part of half and hour and they look a tad more presentable............still have a looooooooooong way to go :\

20120727_170153.jpg