SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Got pulled over yesterday on my way to dinner with a friend....cops were on a side street...saw me drive past....quickly pulled up behind me...stood behind me at the lights....and then as soon as I went through them.....pulled us over.

ME: Sit in car and roll window down

COP: Comes up to us......Licence (barks it out - no please nothing)

ME: Certainly sir....pull it out and hand it over to him

COP: Why dont you have a WA licence??

ME: I dont have citizenship yet sir and when I last checked with the licencing center they said I didnt need to apply for one till I get a permanent visa

COP: (grunts)..ok....pop the hood

ME: Certainly sir.....May I step out sir (thinking to myself - how do you expect me to get out if you are blocking the way)

COP: (snorts)

I pop the hood.....he comes n noses around.....(obviously wont find anything nyaanyaa.gif).....so all he can see is the pod.....

COP: Oh this is not legal

ME: Dont mean to argue sir..but that came with the car when I bought it from the dealer

COP: (grunt)

walks over to the drivers side...opens door..leans in....searches for guages..turbo timer..power fc hand controller..(the usual suspects)...CANT FIND A THING !!

so thanks.gif to smart me..for being a good "hider"

COP: Check the tyres....(to his mate)...they do...nothing...check the rear wing...not loose

COP: (grunt grunt)...gets annoyed now.....

walks over to the other side....BANGS (and I mean BANGS) on the passenger side glass....and barks "come out" to my mate....(female)..

I think of saying something....but then again..this is all being done to annoy me..so I dont bite the bullet

She steps out..

COP: Show me your ID

Laetitia: I have a driving licence here....hands it over.....

Cop takes out a pad..writes down some details....(grunt grunt)....

I am thinking to myself....what the hell is this dude on about.

COP: Walks back to the engine bay...looks around again.....Oh this is just a rice burner !! ...slams bonnet closed

Whacks the top of the car..and says Go

ME: Thank you sir.......have a nice day

Indicate and carefully pull away..............

RUDE...ARROGANT...DESPERATE TO INSTIGATE A REACTION OUT OF ME...NO MANNERS.....DISCOURTEOUS TO WOMEN.....

Laetitia was dressed beautifully....she is a stunner....and yes...I feel terrible that she was made to go through something like this

(I am proud of myself for not giving into getting upset..and for handling the situation pretty well I think....and very proud of her..for being so cool and relaxed about the whole thing)

On a side note...im moving into a new house on Monday and will start new projects mid next week

hope the night went well even with the dickhead policemen. I have been following this build since it began and i honestly love it. The amount of effort you put into everything on your car but the main part the looking after her is astounding. This thread is steering me towards a gts-t for my blacks instead of a gtr.

Keep it going love the work.

Fellow r33 owner :)

• 1 month later...

Been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since I updated this...... down.gif

Really busy with moving house....got myself a 3 bedroom place and damn its tough work moving stuff and settling in etc. Anyways all done now (more or less) so I am back to dedicating time to car stuff banana.gif . Cars been running fine....these really hot days we have been having are not the best when you have black leather seats...but fortunately my air con works a treat.

Pulled out some old planks of wood I had stored in the garage at the old house....and gave them a quick clean up.....(dont worry I dried them immediately and they are now in the sun). Guess this means my "ramp" will finally be constructed.

DSCN1281.jpg

Stay tuned....its good to be back yes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Phew...finally a day off work.....

Made it a point to wake up early....breakfast and shower and then pulled out the planks and got to work.......

Things I used so far.......

Drill - just to get the old screws out (the "wood bits" were a work desk back in their hay day) nyaanyaa.gif

Good ol hammer

Box of flat head nails from bunnings.....

Rag and spray - to tidy them up a bit.....bits of muck and old sticker stains etc.

This is the "top section".........one more layer on top of this and that will be the area where the wheels will rest....plan to make a 'stopper' at the end as well so that I know how far to drive up and when to stop basically...I am usually inch perfect but then again you can never be too sure...safety first....will be putting longer planks on the bottom.

DSCN1341-1.jpg

Also to clarify and pre answer any "Jez why dont you just buy ready-made car ramps" type questions......

I like having small projects to do

The wood is free

The nails cost me close to nothing

I have the tools

They will be stored undercover

THIS IS MY BUILD THREAD miner.gif

Will post pics and update details when I finish.....had to take a break and play taxi again.

Edited by jez NF

mate, those old bits of wood dont look like a very safe material to build something as serious as ramps for a car. no offence to your ramp-building-ability, but i would never feel safe working under a car held up by old chip board ramps.

...unless i have completely missed the mark and by 'ramps' you mean something else??

mate, those old bits of wood dont look like a very safe material to build something as serious as ramps for a car. no offence to your ramp-building-ability, but i would never feel safe working under a car held up by old chip board ramps.

...unless i have completely missed the mark and by 'ramps' you mean something else??

Hey Adam....thanks for the concern...I know you mean well. cheers.gif (Also I prefer being on top - hahahaa)

Dont worry...fortunately I am not that silly....the depiction below should clear up what I meant by "ramps"....I had mentioned it earlier somewhere (last few pages I think)......these "ramps" are merely to help me get the car up to a decent height....so that I can put black mesh in front of the intercooler while sitting comfortably on the floor...and also allow me to touch up some tiny stone chip marks....without actually sending the whole front bar for a respray.

Untitled.png

The area circled in white is my main concern....so without having to change to a black intercooler as I personally feel black all over is a nice way to go.....the black mesh will allow me to make the car look tidy and compact from the front without burning unnecessary holes in my pocket...

I like the look of the silver piping on either side...gives it a subtle look with a twist of aggression....so I do not plan to mess with that.

DSCN1327.jpg

Hey Adam....thanks for the concern...I know you mean well. cheers.gif (Also I prefer being on top - hahahaa)

Dont worry...fortunately I am not that silly....the depiction below should clear up what I meant by "ramps"....I had mentioned it earlier somewhere (last few pages I think)......these "ramps" are merely to help me get the car up to a decent height....so that I can put black mesh in front of the intercooler while sitting comfortably on the floor...and also allow me to touch up some tiny stone chip marks....without actually sending the whole front bar for a respray.

Untitled.png

ahhh i see! then go forth my son!

Untitled.png

The Skyline looks great, the paint on your car always looks amazing! But when will you be starting the build thread for the Koenigsegg in the picture?

Koenigsegg-CCR-Side-View-600x450.jpg Separated at birth?

Edited by Daleo

The Skyline looks great, the paint on your car always looks amazing! But when will you be starting the build thread for the Koenigsegg in the picture?

Koenigsegg-CCR-Side-View-600x450.jpg Separated at birth?

biggrin.gif Thanks mate and spank.gif HAHAHAAAA....my bad....gotta love my Microsoft paint skills !!

(In my defence....check out the ramp...inch perfect....tongue.gif)

Progress..................................

DSCN1342.jpg

Seems like nothing much...but you will be surprised at the difference it makes when your sitting down in front of the car.

DSCN1345.jpg

Very happy......The front bar is at a much more convenient height now........(pats himself on the back) banana.gif Painting and fabrication will start soon...stay tuned

Satin black Te37s......27th July - birthday....hmmmmmm.........whistling.gif

Nah seriously....I hate the current rim size and offset.....you could fit my whole hand in above the front wheel....and I cant go lower because of the front lip touching. I personally dont mind the gold and silver dish because it sets the black off nicely.....(and there are a lot of people who agree)...but I need 18s...17s are just too small unless you lower the shit out of it or run massive profile.

• 3 weeks later...

Took her in for a general look over this morning and to have a chat about future plans etc.......also did the oil and filter by myself under "professional watch" to basically ensure I was doing it right (thanks to the team for their help and for letting me use the equipment)....learnt a few handy tricks and new stuff...like do the oil and filter change when the engine is warm not cold...lube the inside of the filter first etc etc....

Took her for a spin and everything seems fine and she passed with flying colours....changed the boost controller levels for the two settings in anticipation of "cooler weather".

...and after some lengthy discussions I now have a few plans in the pipeline.......bring on the saving up !!

photo-1.jpg

Was nice and cool and had a freeway run on the way back so gave her a "spirited run" to check the new boost levels devil.gif = yumm

Made some more "slow progress" with the ramps..hahahaaa..BUT the good news is that they are approximately four nails away nyaanyaa.gif Pics tmrw of the completed project - FINALLY !!!

DSCN1388.jpg

Do you still have the plates J E Z ? Because I tell you, I'm a Cop and I run every single custom plate I see. Mostly because they have trouble attached to their car, I'm more so referring to the person behind the wheel. I'm only posting this because of your story with the Police. Now I wasn't there so I don't know whether you embellished your story a little bit or what, but either way, right or wrong. If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, then don't have those plates on your car.

I doubt the officer said "Oh this is a rice burner" but hey that's just me, and only you'll know the truth. But in the end you can hardly complain, they didn't defect you and you weren't issued any traffic infringements.

Hi mate...The plates are my name - the only thing that makes my car extra special and mine (if you know what I mean)..and if I really wanted to hide (or if I had anything to hide!!!) I would have gone with something more discreet...or if I was your average "hoon / idiot" I would have gone with a stupid name....

Also if I didnt want people to see my plates or run away from the law..I wouldnt have them in the biggest size available...

I know you mean well...and thank you for the advice about drawing attention to myself...but I do not do stupid stuff (I am proud to admit that I do not know how to do a burnout)..and I pride myself on being a safe and careful driver (been driving for five years and no accidents..no record..no fines..nothing..and my car is driven every day)...and I have nothing to hide. Moreover my post wasnt to put the force down or anything. I made an observation about the persons behaviour which I felt was not very professional..and purely narrated the event the way it was...though I know people are just doing their job. Long hours...dealing with dumb youngsters / wannabe drivers most of the time...drunken and rude individuals.. yes I would be upset and disgruntled too..but not everyone is the same or necessarily "bad".

Trust me I love my car and would not go through all this trouble if I wanted to thrash it and kill myself or someone else in the bargain.

Neways back to my thread.....

Going to buy some paint and start the front bar today. this new website layout is NICE but also a tad confusing still...how do I put the emocation things in now :\