SAU Community

R33 Headlights - plastic > glass

i have a 95 R33 and want to change my faded yuk plastic headlights to some nice clear glass ones, where can i get such items?

is it worthwhile/easy enough to switch to series II lights? i imagine i would need a new bonnet also if i did this?

in the meantime any good ways to clear up the plastic lights? they look all crap and yellow on a black skyline :D

thankyou :D

also feel free to point me to a related thread, i did search.

i just used a cutter on my headlights, it made them look brilliant and shiny, however u will need to do them every month or 2, but i just go over mine with meguires when i polish my R33 anyway and they come up great again.

have u heard of glass lights for sky's? i never even knew they were available from anywhere? is this just something u are interested in or have you actually seen/heard of them?

i just used a cutter on my headlights, it made them look brilliant and shiny, however u will need to do them every month or 2, but i just go over mine with meguires when i polish my R33 anyway and they come up great again.

have u heard of glass lights for sky's? i never even knew they were available from anywhere? is this just something u are interested in or have you actually seen/heard of them?

a cutter?

i thought the S2 and gtr's had glass headlights? no?

as long as they look shiny and clear i don't mind, would prefer glass tho.

my gtr has plastic lights... i would like to clean them aswell. they aren't that dirty, just a bit mucky, i think its the inside mainly tho - is it easy to disasemble to clean the inside or not?

They're all plastic, i don't thiknk anyone would make headlights out of glass since they are a first point of contact with any foreign object that gets throw off the road... sI have black plastic on the inside, sII use chrome plastic, so they look 'clear'... anyway...

They're all plastic, i don't thiknk anyone would make headlights out of glass since they are a first point of contact with any foreign object that gets throw off the road... sI have black plastic on the inside, sII use chrome plastic, so they look 'clear'... anyway...

so any guides for cleaning/removal?

Guest RedLineGTR

you cant disasemble them since they are all stuck together on the only way in is the holes you have to work with when you take the bulbs out otherwise its very hard to take them apart and too much mucking around.

a lot of places sell a plastic cleaner, with the logo "PLASTIC CLEANER" on the tubes for about $20

You rub it on, leave it on for about 2 - 5 minutes, then thoroughly wipe it off (you could use some form of buffing device if you wanted) and they come up VERY CLEAR.

I've done it on my S2 (which is definately plastic) and they look CRYSTAL clear (especially with the xenons I just put in them)

A mate of mine has a Series 1, and we used it on his headlights and they came out just as good.

Jason.

Meguiars have a plastic cleaner/polish. Should be at your local Autobarn, works great on both the Skylines and the Soarer plastic lens covers. About $12 so a lot cheaper than new lights :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veilside R33

a cutter?

yeah mate as in paint cutter, sorry i thought that was obvious but yeah i see how it could mean a few things. i just use meguires cutter and it works perfectly, they really look good when done, i thought my stains were on the inside also untill i cut the outside and they came up perfectly

or you could take your lights to

Melbourne Headlight Exchange,

Unit 2/ 130 Bridge Rd

Keysborough

VIC, 3173

Australia

they will pull them apart, clean them and seal them back up.

They will come back to you in brand new condition. you will be like wtf these arnt mine.

Any questains can be refered to danny (autotrust) as he was the one who refered me to these ppl.

James.

Guest MFX_R33

To get 34 lights to fit, you would have to make a custom bonnet at least.

The 4 door headlights look a lot cleaner as they have a chrome backing, instead of black.

I put them in mine and they look heaps better.

Here is a pic,

prg3.jpg

Jeff.

To get 34 lights to fit, you would have to make a custom bonnet at least.

The 4 door headlights look a lot cleaner as they have a chrome backing, instead of black.

I put them in mine and they look heaps better.

Here is a pic,

prg3.jpg  

Jeff.

you own the purgatory r33? i love that car, not so much for the airbrushing but the clean kit and alloys :D