SAU Community

R33 Headlights - plastic > glass

JAMESW - would be interested in how the headlights come out, if its not to expensive and they come out good, would definatly be worth it !!

Let us know how it goes :D

I've just contacted Headlight Exchange here in Perth and have been quoted $70 for EACH headlight + GST to have them cleaned.

It would cost more to have them cracked open (with heat of course), cleaned inside, and then re-sealed.

Takes a couple of hours, and you just take the headlights to them.

I've just contacted Headlight Exchange here in Perth and have been quoted $70 for EACH headlight + GST to have them cleaned.

It would cost more to have them cracked open (with heat of course), cleaned inside, and then re-sealed.

Takes a couple of hours, and you just take the headlights to them.

cheers fer that :D

tis a bit steep just to clean the outsides, may have to look for some plastic cleaner first.

Guest MFX_R33
MFX_R33 those rims r FAT maaan!!!!  what size r they? saw 1 black r33 with wide bodykit like 12mths ago.. looks awsome...

CHEERS

The rims are 18x10.5 and 18x12.

Jeff.

I used some Silvo, its a silver polish/mild cutter. Came up really well just need to give it a few coats. Really good idea if you have a silver colour car because all the excess you get around the lights also cuts out some stone chips you might have :D

Guest MFX_R33

We made up our eyelids from my car, and the heat of the fibreglass actually melted the face of the lights and turned them white. All we did to fix it was sand it back flat and then used a harsh cutand polish compound , and then a finer polish. They came up like glass.

Jeff.

• 2 months later...

if anyone wants their headlights dissassembled, (after which I'll hand you a rag n get you to polish your own shit) and you're in melb, I can give a helping hand lol, I've done it to my lights enough times to be a demi-expert :)

here's a guide, same shit, just apply it to your headlights...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=42193

• 9 months later...

after having tried silvo and cut n polish etc i got myself some of the Meguiars plastic cleaner and polish and they came up better than ever.

only problem is that they aren't as black inside as they could be as there seems to be some oxidisation or 'dust' inside the lights covering the black parts.

i've been wanting to remove the covers on my headlights for that 'custom' double light look so i might have to start looking into that a bit more.