SAU Community

Roil Results

I must say though I'm quite shocked and very disapointed if that is the real life changing speeds of the Skyline box, so much so, I'd call it a pathic gearbox at best, as my 1981 car could flog it without any problems or questions needed of it.

It wouldn't surprise me, if 3-cyclinder echo's were chewing you up at the lights.

No wonder you need roil your car is struttering and craping it self, because it's in the wrong bloody gear at a slow speed.

Here's $5. Go buy yourself a clue.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno how many k's I've done but about a week of normal driving then the Putty road cruise.

Early days yet but I do seem to have gotten a bit extra k's from this tank of fuel. 330 with a quarter to go. See how the next couple of tanks go. Engine definitely runs quieter but I dunno about earlier boost.

Are you sure that's right,  All the specs say you only need to use 5th gear when doing over 180klms to 200+klms.

Jesus. :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

How's that new play-doh set going for you mate? Made any interesting lego castles lately? :uhh:

Seen this thread again,  I don't bother looking for old threads much.

as for take a look around at a few skyline website and pages around the internet, even the factory specs as well.

I must say though I'm quite shocked and very disapointed if that is the real life changing speeds of the Skyline box, so much so, I'd call it a pathic gearbox at best, as my 1981 car could flog it without any problems or questions needed of it.

It wouldn't surprise me, if 3-cyclinder echo's were chewing you up at the lights.

No wonder you need roil your car is struttering and craping it self, because it's in the wrong bloody gear at a slow speed.

:Paranoid:

Yep... they'll both get 5 bucks for SAU... i know i havn't put the other ones through yet either (and i know i promised it last week... :D ) soz... credit card gets paid off monday... so i'll do it by wed... PROMISE... IF I DON'T... DON'T ANYBODY BUY ROIL AGAIN OK!

BJ, have you got the paper work i sent yesterday?

I just heard that Roil contains chlorinated parafin as its "secret ingredient". Now, if this is true, it'll f**k up your engine in the long run. Chlroine turns into hydrochloric acid in the combution chamber, and it will end up rusting your engine from the inside! This may take a year or 2 to happen depending on how much you drive your car, so don't expect to see any damage for quite awhile (but check your exhaust tip as an early warning method).

I have to say that I have no way of confirming this as I'm not a chemist, so if someone can let us know what the secret ingredient is please do so. I'm just giving you this warning just IN CASE Roil contains chlorinated parafin.

JimX: any sources/proof/backup of this claim?

I also heard that it can be turned into a nuclear bomb by adding chocolate milk :cheers:

(not saying its not true, just sources always help)

Yes, Im very sure ROIL contains Chlorinated Pariffins, and is one of the major reasons of my reservations about it. Cholrinated parrifins are suceptable to breakdown into HCl (and thus is corrosive) as JimX said, due to condenstation in the oil which can form on cold start up . Image that, HCl in your engine! Chlorinated parrifins are used in hydraulic oils etc where condensation is not really an issue. In an engine, it is. I hope Jetpilot can elaborate on this.

Interesting point raised by Jimx & busky. See how responses to that go...

I have been checking responses in this thread for a while as the smoother running & faster spool up people have mentioned sounds like a good thing. Long term problems are not so good however.

The pic below is one specially for Zagan's recent gearbox related comments:

:cheers:

I'm curious why some people seem to be using it to extend the life of things if this is an issue. I mean we might be using it for quicker spool time (not that it's happened for me) but the stuff is sold generally as a product to extend life rather than increase performance.

My car is definitely quieter running now although my recent fuel consumption hasn't been good. It feels so much quieter when cold which I take as a positive sign. Turbo makes less noise too.

So far overall, meh. I will be watching this thread with interest, keep up the research guys.

I do have a source, but the guy runs a workshop and is quite busy, and I don't think he'd like it if everyone reading this rang him up just to ask "Is this true?" or to abuse him about spreading vicious lies (whether or not he is telling the truth). Another concern is that the guy sells an alternative product to Roil, which doesn't contain chlorinated parafins. This is the primary reason why you should take this rumour with a dose of salt. I personally trust the guy, having been to him a few times over the past 6 or 7 years, but because he sells an alternative product we should try to find an independant source for confirming the contents of the Roil, which is really the whole purpose of my above post.

I will try to get something typed up with more details after I speak to him some more over the next few days. But even if I do that, I would still like it if someone could come up with other sources about the contents of Roil. Busky2k's already done a neat job of helping confirm this :cheers: Thanks Busk!