SAU Community

Roil Results

Id be interested in seeing the statement from Jaguar endorsing the product. I couldnt care less about farm machinery and i also know its impossible for you or I to quantify that statement so its irrelevant anyway.

goto: www.jaguarmagazine.com and click on the roil bottle for FULL ENDORSEMENT!

nova_1

goto http://www.anewlife.co.uk/cars_oil_treatments.html for in depth RESULTS that you were after but no one steered you in the right direction.

nova_1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't believe that 12 seconds crap.

Metal takes longer than that to naturally heat up anyway, even on a summer day.

These days all the engine manufacter's recomend that you don't idle a car to heat it up as it causes more damage also the same with sitting there and reving it up, you should start driving straight away.

Most motor parts would be made of billet or an even harder type of metal, these metals don't wear or break much as they can handle a much higher amount of heat than mild steel or other such metal.

Ska:

That groning from the power steering means it's low on oil or your pump isn't moving it around well, then again you say you were turning the wheel on the spot, the tyres will keep grip and will make nosies because you arn't moving and the tyres have to shift around on the one spot.

Think of wearing brand new shoes and standing on gravel and then shifting your feet left and right you'll feel the gravel moving but doesn't want to move.

Zagan.

Using harder metal in an engine is actually not a very good idea.

The harder the metal, the more brittle is it, the more prone it is to cracking under heat/cool/heat/cool conditionins, and the more likely things are to bind on it's hard surfaces.

Most of the world highest powered engines are made of aluminum........

I have been following this thread for some time, last night I found out my Mum is actually a Neways distributor, and she had the Roil video and everything.

I watched it, seems like decent stuff

My question is, once its been in the motor, say if I was unhappy, would it be a matter of just changing the oil, or once its in there its treated everything for good?

Whats is everyones general opinion?

Chris

Hey i'm back... sorry....

Roil, although effective once oil has been changed, eventually the results will degrade, if you left it for 50000k's and 10 oil changes, i doubt there'd would be much left... Having said that roil isn't an additive, and as such conditions the metal directly, so who knows.... put it this way, there haven't been too many people that i've dealth with personally (ie, not on a bulliten board) that have stopped using it once they've started, so basically the results speak for themselves...

Abo Bob, it doesn't always get more fuel effecient, often performance gains like extra boost offsett any potential benifts, but the fact that your engine is running quieter is proof that its running smoother, with less friction, and subsequently less wear and tear... which is good!

• 2 weeks later...

Intresting topic Jetpilot

Im tempted to try this stuff out in the truck I drive at work.

It has an onboard computer that gets downloaded everytime we refuel.

This thing has sensors for everything so the boss can grill us over why we drive up the road with our foot resting on the clutch or why we used x amount of fuel to go x amount of kays.

how hard we rev it, how many gears we crunch (umm change).

450hp @1800max rpm 18gears 49.5 tons, runs 24/7 averages a 1000kays a day

averages 1.8kays per liter of diesel

you interested Jetpilot

Yeah definately, out of everything roil probably has the most research and trials conducted on big trucks...

By far the best results roil's had is in the typically notchy scania gearboxes...

There's a heap of info relating to trucks and hydraulics if you'd like me to send you some, just pm me...

but yeah, a heap of sensors and the like would certainly go a long way to proving its worth...

you still offering free samples?? My gearbox in my Pulsar is making some bad noises, and has been for a while, be interesting to see if this stuff could fix it up. Plus i get pretty the exact same fuel economy as well, everytime i fill up (pretty much have the exact same driving routine, week in, week out), a touch over 10l/100km's. So it would be easy to tell if it improves economy.

I thought might be a good idea to try this stuff on a normal car as opposed to a performance, turbo car?

just a suggestion...

SS8-Gohan

I have some remainder in the bottles I have bought which should be enough to do your gearbox.

Any time you wanna pick it up to try it, let me know.

Of course if it works, we would ask you to buy a bottle to put through the rest of the car to see how it goes.

BASS OUT

Hi Krone

I have used ROIL in my Auto (R33) but I have only done about 200km so far. Its hard to tell what difference it made/makes because I had the auto modified at the same time with a shift kit and trans cooler. (but I can vouch that the auto trans works well with ROIL inside)