SAU Community

Beware of buying SAFC off Ebay

Guys,

I've found if u receive from overseas on a regular basis they will hammer ur will duties and gst but let say u put it under ur mothers name or something who has never received anything, it comes in without any problem, its strange how the system works

Just my 2cents

PayPal doesn't charge a fee to join. They charge a fee if you want a "premium" account (which allows unlimited money amounts to be sent/recieved), but its only US$2 and its added to your account.

There is a minimum for import duties if I remember correctly. Isn't it about $200?

Edit: While I am on the subject of PayPal, let me say I find it a pain in the arse. Its entirely focussed on North America, so if you are in Australia and want to use it to send money you basically need a credit card (in your name) or a US bank account. Very annoying considering how its the defacto standard for payment on ebay and the like.

LW.

....I’d be questioning $125 payable on something that didn’t cost $500 bucks in the first place…being taxed more than 25% is excessive, considering 15% duty and %10 GST.

Sounds correct to me, price was $478 * 1.15 Duty = $549.70 * 1.10 GST = 604.67

Total taxes are $126.67 on a $478 purchase.

Anyone with $$$ in a Paypal account can only retrieve it either by bank cheque or direct deposit to an account, but they charge fees for it. Hence, when a buyer pays through Paypal, a premium is charged since that is the cost required for the seller to get the money from paypal.

However, if you use the $$$ in the account to purchase items elsewhere that accepts Paypal, then there is no fee.

Paypal is only good if you intend to trade online...You know, Selling and also buying.

I hope this makes sense.

As for watches, kind of stopped for a while. You require heaps of $$$ to buy in batches. I am short of $$$...

As for SAFC-II, the limited edition models can be bough off Slidewizeimports.com for roughly the same price as that offered on eBay, I have contacted Slidewize to confirm this already.

Hey guys ....

apart from benm...anyone else shopped from www.nengun.com ?

im thinking of buying a boost guage off them and just want to know if they are reliable.

For the apexi boost guage they say itz liks $145 + $25 shipping cost. So that's a total of $170 right but then i read the conditions of use and they also say this:

"Bank transfers also accepted; $25.00 transfer service fee will apply."

WTF? so does dat mean its $170 + $25(service fee) being $195 for the apexi boost guage?

Apart from that are there any other hidden fees that are associated with www.nengun.com? coz i am interested in buying off them.

Anyone else got a good import/trading sight or a good forum to buy cheap stuff off?

I transferred money straight into their Australian bank account, it arrived the next day and 2 days later my package arrived from Japan :P

I've shoped at greenline. an will be shopping at nengun soon aswell.

the best time to shop is when the yen goes up. you can watch it on the currency converter

eg:

200,000.00 JPJapan Yen = 2,490.60 AUD Australia Dollars

----------------------------------------------------------

1 JPY = 0.0124530 AUD 1 AUD = ((80.3021 JPY))

-----------------------------------------------------------

The part i got in brackets is the how many jp yen to 1 aussie dollar.

its fairly reasionable at the moment...

I've shoped at greenline. an will be shopping at nengun soon aswell.

the best time to shop is when the yen goes up. you can watch it on the currency converter

eg:

200,000.00 JPJapan Yen    =   2,490.60 AUD Australia Dollars  

----------------------------------------------------------

1 JPY = 0.0124530 AUD   1 AUD = ((80.3021 JPY))  

-----------------------------------------------------------

The part i got in brackets is the how many jp yen to 1 aussie dollar.

its fairly reasionable at the moment...

It was as high as 85 yen to the aussie a few weeks ago. I expect the rate to go against us as the economic data coming out of Japan is quite positive at the moment.

LW.