SAU Community

need help

G0DF4Th3R

Hey there guys,

Im new here to this forum, joined several days ago but this is my first post. My parents have agreed to buy me an R33 GTS-T for my 19th birthday. Unfortunately, they're not very happy about the insurance quotes that I have received so far. The best was just over 3k. Is this the best I can get or are there cheaper ones out there? Any information would be very much appreciated.

Secondly, I have test driven a few R33's but one that stood out was this 1993 black R33 with rims and exhaust for 19k. My budget is 20k. Are there better deals out there? Should I go to the dealers or private sale? I can't import one in myself coz I need to buy the car at the end of the month when my parents come to visit.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to participating in this forum and joining your cruises when I finally get my ride.:D

try RAC

my bro got a quote for around the 2400 mark for his silvia and his mate got 1800 for his 180sx

also private sale will prolly be cheaper but won' t have warranty (up to u what you prefer - i personally think the warranty is a load of bull**** after seeing what my gf has been through with hers).

$19k is a rip, especially in perth where imports seem to b cheap.....

a 1993 model should only b around $16k over there(if you import yourself) and remember mods aren't worth paying a shatload extra for

a dealer car will always be more expensive, try getting one thru a broker thats fresh off the boat or something

either way, you can get them cheaper than $19k

No one does Fire and theft for car over $5000. My advice to anyone looking for insurance is to get your self a broker, they are worth their weight in gold!

You can get an r33 cheaper than $19k but probably not through a car yard. So check the private sales and stuff going around and save some money for mods, or get one newer than 1993.

Greg. :devfu:

i bought mine privately for around that price range, you get more for your money if you buy privately, like mine came with nismo suspension, nismo clutch, HKS exhaust, GFB Blow-off, GFB Boost controller, and new paint job, i find it hard to believe that you would get a GTST with rims exhaust etc etc. for $16k, maybe a non-turbo for that price but not a turbo with all the extra's.

as for insurace i have fully comprehensive (that covers everything) with RAC, it was $1400 for my first skyline (R33 GTST) but that got stolen, so it went up to $2000, but yours mite be a bit more cause of your age.

anyway good luck and no doubt see ya on the road when ya get it.....:burnout:

thanks guys, you've been good help so far.:(

i might have to look into this insurance broker thing. however, my main concern now is that i dont see any good cars around to buy and insure in the first place. ive looked at the west australian classifieds, quokka, autotrader and so far no luck. only dealer cars. is there some secret advertisement that im mission out on? :D

can't wait to get it anywayz and cruise around. :burnout:

Yeah insurance sux man. When i got my car i was paying over $3500 per year (I was 18) A year and a bit later im 20 and have 30% No claim plus immobiliser discount and am paying about $1800 per year.

So the first year was a rip but im happy now. I almost sold my 33 but then insurance price dropped a heap.

I agree try private sales for the best bargain. Caryards tend to be expensive. Good luck dude.

Ben

Originally posted by Strich9ine

Parents buying you a skyline for your 19th Birthday ???

Who else thinks we evict him ?

Lucky bastard!:confused:

Hahahahahahah no no please don't!

I actually earned the car but have deposited the money with them over the years and finally they have agreed to add some money to my fund. :D

Insurance is interesting. Silvia's and 180SX's are on the blacklist at the moment because A: theres so many of them and B: alot of the owners are in their first turbo rwd and tend to drift into things easily.

Now ive stated that, ill explain my case. I had a Pulsar SSS, which i managed to crash twice. My insurance went from 600 a year to 1100 in 18 months. Since then it had dropped for about 800... but with those two accidents still on my record.

I phoned up for insurance on the 32 thinking id be getting reamed for it and was pleasantly surprised when the guy said "1200 dollars". Because A: theres very few R32's around B: they cant be high risk if they havent had anyone crash many before and C: they didnt know what the hell it was... guy kept telling me it was a 2.5 litre. "Errr we dont have a market value or anything on a 2 litre turbo skyline, do they even exsist?"

So lesson is. If your gonna buy an import, buy something nobody else has. Insurance is cheaper.... even with my dodgy record :)

Guy told me that if i wanted a Silvia id be up for $2200! Anyway, this was QBE.... they dont do imports unless you already have business with them.

Red17

Originally posted by R33_Cam

look in sunday times readers mart, auto section under "S" for "SKYLINE" Not NISSAN.

theres a few in there, thats where i found mine.

Hey Cam, did you happen to buy a red coloured Skyline from a guy called Bryan ?

THINK insurance are the beautiful ppl that insured my r33 for 30k at the age of 18 for 2100 a year with no previous insurance history... i live in perth but they are situated in karratha.... should try them they are in the yellowpages.com . . . . think outside the area you live in :)

Originally posted by initialD

dude, i'm selling mine, and its the paper.

readers mart etc, going to be in the autotrader this friday 2 if i dont sell it.

anyway I sent you a private message. My price is negotable :D

have a look!  

pics are at the URLS below

Nice car dude!!!! In that r33brown pic, how did you get the headlights to go blue??? Or is it trick photography or a bit of photoshop work???