SAU Community

How Do I Get The Mobile Version Back?

I don't have that mobile view option in my settings (galaxy s2).....

Same as above, can browse in mobile but next time I open the bookmark to SAU goes back to full version and I have to go to a section then press mobile version before it will work (pressing mobile version on the main section of the forum just re-loads the full version :S)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i too have a galaxy s2, but i just upgraded to ICS 4.0, so that's why i have that other setting.

try opening the site, going to the mobile view and then saving that page as a bookmark. check that the address has something about mobile at the end of it. then close the browser and open it again and go to sau via the bookmark. if it doesn't load the mobile page then hit refresh and see what happens. for me that solves the problem.

No go. its quite strange before the site update it always went to the mobile site through my bookmark

Did you put ics 4.0 on your phone with odin? I'm waiting for the Telstra release which is in the next week or two

I used Samsung kies. Just downloaded and installed kies off the Samsung website, plugged phone into PC with the usb cable (with kies running), it pops up saying an update is available.

Might give that a go after work. I tried with kies on Wednesday and nothing happened. The messaging in ics looks a lot better

But as for SAU, still the same. full version till I navigate away from the main forum page and press mobile version

Might give that a go after work. I tried with kies on Wednesday and nothing happened. The messaging in ics looks a lot better

But as for SAU, still the same. full version till I navigate away from the main forum page and press mobile version

i'm with optus, so you may not have an update yet being with telstra. text messaging is pretty much the same in ICS as it was in gingerbread. don't like the new unlock screen (if you use the pattern). the cirlces are much smaller.

as for sau, trying hitting refresh once the page loads and see what happens

i'm with optus, so you may not have an update yet being with telstra. text messaging is pretty much the same in ICS as it was in gingerbread. don't like the new unlock screen (if you use the pattern). the cirlces are much smaller.

as for sau, trying hitting refresh once the page loads and see what happens

Yeah tried that. ill just put up with it I guess till the ics update then it might work

I have a Nexus S (android). I was sent ICS as an update a few weeks back.

Cleared cache and and bookmark and started again. Still no go.

Ill just hit the mobile site tab at the bottom of the page. No biggie.

Its been good using the link i posted, only gone to normal site once. Every other time has gone mobile. Sometimes I just have to scroll all the way to the top or the mobile page doesnt display (when navigating around threads) but this isnt really a big deal

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried every single fix ITT and none of them work.

Anyone got anything else to suggest?

The website has the correct suffix for mobile devices, but the forum wont come up in mobile version at all. Even the "use mobile" button just reloads the desktop version :/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd just continue with this one.

The search function on the mobile site bites the big one. It gives the results of the search only as threads, but when you click on the thread with the result it just takes you to page one. Would be nice if it took you to the post that had what you searched for

Since the update, My phone version has been really annoying, It used to be fitted to the screen, Show all the treads nice and easy, Not its like a net full version adn i keep having to zoom in to read something or click something.

all settings on ym phone are fine, Not sure what other to try