SAU Community

Thread For My Car Problems.

lilcrash

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm sick of reading different opinions. What is the consensus on running in a rebuilt motor. I would like a step by step from the moment I pour water and oil into it if possible. I don't want there to be any chance of me stuffing it up.

Thanks in advance.

I recommend you get someone to do all the work for you with warranty, otherwise I reckon we'll be soon reading another thread titled 'fresh engine installed, but still having problems'

ok so here is some more info, one of my valves in cylinder 5 was about to drop in, and my head has marks from where the head gasket was soon to blow. so looks like i pulled it down just in time. on another bad note, when i had my front guard replaced a few years ago they dodged it up and used a holden indicator bulb holder and just electrical taped it on to hold it together so now my clear indicator housing wont work :@ another call to just cars to get more repairs done, glad they have life time guarantee on repairs. this is the 4th time it has had to get repairs done.

and a strange question. i need to provide my stem seals and cam seals for the head to be re assembled, in my gasket kit there is a packet with 12 stem seals, a packet with 12 stem seals and 1 big seal (looks like a cam seal to me) is there only supposed to be 1 cam seal? the only other seals in the kit is a packet with 2 seals the same as the cam seal and a rear? oil/main? seal. could one of these be the other cam seal?

Why would you strip an engine down for a rebuild and use 2nd hand parts if unsure of the condition?

If you can replace it and your not sure of the life condition...replace it while you can.

Last thing you want is a fresh built engine, 2nd hand oil pump, final tune, youll head out and give it a boot full and

hit limiter a few times and then the collar or something fouls