SAU Community

Help With Legal Question

scotty014

hey peeps

i have a question for the law type people please. over a year ago i was in an accident which was my fault now i have full comp insurance plus my car was registered. Now i just got a letter today saying and i quote that our client has incurred out of pocket expenses from this incident to which your insurer just car insurance has declined to pay, as such we look to you for payment of these costs.

now wtf! isnt this what TAC does? or even my insurer?

I'd reply saying that the issue was over a year ago and that from your understanding everything had been resolved by insurance at the time. And ask why these new issues weren't raised in the first place.

There is usually a statue of limitations as to how long after an event occurred a person can still claim for, it's usually one year and one day, but it might be different. Definitely talk to your insurers, it will be interesting to find out if the other parties lawyers have even approached your insurer.

i was involved in something like this 7-8 years ago. i hit a guy in my tank of an XF and destroyed his car. (i hit him, he hit the next person) insurance sorted it and i payed my excess and that was that. about a year or so later i got letters from some mob (i cant remember now) saying i owed money for his car and out of pocket expenses too. i called them back pretending to be someone else and found out this mob after me was some debt collector or soemthing like that. just do what i did and dont respond! my old man said they cant do anything but hassle me.

...my XF was fine :D

thanks guys, i got advice from a lawyer and the amount they are trying to make me pay is the same amount it costs to put in a claim for TAC and that its illegal to make the other party pay this so i sent a nice email back to this company outlining this and that should end it right there.