SAU Community

Clutch worries?

ultim8DTM5

okay this normally happens the first 5mins i jump in the car (02 barina, beep beep...)

when i normally change gears i push the clutch in around 3k and the revs drop normally 1k til i engage gear and depress the clutch

but lately ive been pushing the clutch in (around 3k) and the revs stay at 3k while the clutch is pushed in, and when i release the clutch it resumes to normal operation. i'm getting the feeling that maybe because the clutch is cold its spinning against the flywheel or something?

after around 5mins it goes back to normal, that is dropping 1k in RPM while the clutch is depressed...

im worried, is this clutch slipping and should i get it looked at?

cheers,

Pete.

Sounds like the car just has a high idle on cold start up, it like an automatic choke on modern cars. I know my 2000 pulsar has the idle set at about 2500rpm when its cold. Its kinda cool I can get down the end of my street with out even having to touch a throtle and its not crawling either its doing like 60 in 5th at 2500rpm its sweet (small things amuse small minde) :D .

So I dont think you need to worry. It may also be that it has a overly high base idle setting on startup due to the fact of being a new car running in. Im sure if this is the case it will be adjusted on its next service.