SAU Community

2012 R35 Gtr Official Press Release!

godspd

yep if you dig, martin posted some dyno overlays of 09 vs 11 with midpipe and tune and both were pretty much the same

the 09 owner would have gotten more bang for buck out of those 2 mods natch

Edited by domino_z

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaps and bounds? Doubt it. AFAIK the differences 2008 to present are minor in terms of hardware. Some intake, ECU and suspension geometry etc. In terms of outright/straightline performance i am sure a tuned 2009 is as quick as a new one today. The only big factor in terms of 0-100 performance is probably software on the launch (which version you have) however you can get that sorted if you care. If you are comparing say 2009/2010 vs 2012 model (re the saving) i would say it depends on what you want to do with the car? Personally being interested in having a quick road-going track-capable car i would acquire the older car and spend the savings on mods. I dare say a new car with $50k on mods vs an older car with $50k on mods would yield the exact same outcome (except your wallet). Plus I would feel less 'bad' about trashing an older vs newer car, if you know what i mean.

You hit the nail on the head with that post. Although some people just want the latest & (not always) greatest, if they have the means then more power to them & not all car enthusiasts are modifiers.

Leaps and bounds? Doubt it. AFAIK the differences 2008 to present are minor in terms of hardware. Some intake, ECU and suspension geometry etc. In terms of outright/straightline performance i am sure a tuned 2009 is as quick as a new one today. The only big factor in terms of 0-100 performance is probably software on the launch (which version you have) however you can get that sorted if you care. If you are comparing say 2009/2010 vs 2012 model (re the saving) i would say it depends on what you want to do with the car? Personally being interested in having a quick road-going track-capable car i would acquire the older car and spend the savings on mods. I dare say a new car with $50k on mods vs an older car with $50k on mods would yield the exact same outcome (except your wallet). Plus I would feel less 'bad' about trashing an older vs newer car, if you know what i mean.

thanks for the response as this has been on my mind for quite some time - much appreciated.

now its time to relay this back to my mate

i'll be buying an early model in this case :nyaanyaa:

is this you? incredibly quick!!!

Yep that was me last round of the NSW sprints last year, there was just 1/10th separating Marek and I (in championship points) leading into last session of the day, last round, with only a single point in the championship. I managed to pull a rabbit out of my ar$e and grab another 0.5s out of our times for a 60.8s lap (60.7s on the GPS) to win the championship outright, type and class. i still don't know how i managed that really!

2 digits @ wakefield - im gobsmacked!

what is your PB @ the creek, 1:38?

also - what power are you running awkw when racing?

yes we were running 1:38's - but we've done a lot more laps at wakefield. by rights we should probably be running 36's at EC or theeabouts, with new rubber. just need bigger balls for T1. We would be running about 385awkw in E85 tune for these times. Not bad, i drive to car to work every day, flick a switch for the e85 map, put some tyres on, and smash a 60.x at WP. I just don't think any other road going car (in this sort of easygoing trim/comfort) could match it.

yes we were running 1:38's - but we've done a lot more laps at wakefield. by rights we should probably be running 36's at EC or theeabouts, with new rubber. just need bigger balls for T1. We would be running about 385awkw in E85 tune for these times. Not bad, i drive to car to work every day, flick a switch for the e85 map, put some tyres on, and smash a 60.x at WP. I just don't think any other road going car (in this sort of easygoing trim/comfort) could match it.

that is awesome - the r35 is definitely going to be next car without a doubt.

i know its slightly off topic but you have my intrigued with your gtr because i like it sooo much :) what engine mods are u running to make 385awkw on e85 (surely boost level is not factory)?

that is awesome - the r35 is definitely going to be next car without a doubt.

i know its slightly off topic but you have my intrigued with your gtr because i like it sooo much :) what engine mods are u running to make 385awkw on e85 (surely boost level is not factory)?

The mods for that power are exhaust, Willall e85 tune, upgraded injectors and fuel pumps. Boost is up to about 16lbs i think.

Did anyone else get the fold out brochure from Nissan about the new GTR and asking if you want to spend $10-20k on suspension and brake parts on your 09-10 model to bring it up to 2012 spec?

Can you elaborate on this more? Maybe pictures?

Did anyone else get the fold out brochure from Nissan about the new GTR and asking if you want to spend $10-20k on suspension and brake parts on your 09-10 model to bring it up to 2012 spec?

Yea.................Bargain !laughing-smiley-014.gif

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-r/2013/2013-nissan-gt-r-first-drive.html

Nissan is now claiming zero to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds (down from the 3.1 seconds we achieved in the 2012 GT-R), although the 193-mph top speed is unchanged and is defined by the car's gearing. These are the only figures officially released by Nissan, but Mizuno admitted he's hoping that independent testing will show a standing quarter-mile in 10.6 or 10.7 seconds. The fuel consumption is also marginally improved if you're into that sort of thing.

[/Quote]

1/4 mile in around 10.6 seconds. Damn!!

Did they mention what the suspension changes were?

shocks, springs, arms? I'd like to see how they manage to alter the pick up points!

$9500 gets:

390mm front brake rotor left and right

Front brake caliper and tube left and right

Front brake hose left and right

Front brake pads left and right

Rear brake cross spring left and right

VDC actuator

$19800 gets:

Shock absorbers front and rear

Springs front and rear

Front upper link left and right (special gold colour and increasing negative camber range)

Front transverse link bush left and right

390mm front brake rotor left and right

Front brake caliper and tube left and right

Front brake hose left and right

Front brake pads left and right

Rear brake cross spring left and right

VDC actuator

my brochure for my 2010 says $4990 for the brake upgrade and $13xxx for the brakes + suspension

nissan must have changed the calipers 2009 to 2010

the extra 10mm on the 2011 discs comes from wider hats and then a different bracket bw the caliper and upright to push the caliper out 5mm, otherwise us 2010 owners wouldnt be able to re-use our existing calipers + pads in this kit

so the extra braking performance 2010 vs 2011 isnt really from increased surface area of the disc as one would initially think, but rather from the increased cooling effect by taking a longer cycle for the disc to travel one full rotation under the pad

when im due for front discs, ill just order the new caliper bracket and larger discs as 2011 spare part like i did upgrading my M3 brakes to the larger CSL discs

Edited by domino_z

Actually Domino your reasoning there is not sound.

A larger diameter means a bigger circumference, but all points on a theoretical line from centre tangentially to the circumference complete 1 revolution in the same time.

The distance to travel may be greater for a point further out from the centre, but the surface speed of that point is greater also.

The increase in braking effectiveness would come from the increase in "leverage" gained by moving the pad further out from the centre.

Pad material may have changed also.