SAU Community

Rb25Head Rb26Block

FalahR33

if anyone knows in Australia whether we can mate an N1 rb26 block with an rb25det head because i just spent loadsa money on the head by now already.

if you know what i mean. and since a new block is like a new supercar engine and when its from nismo its serious issue! not wanting rb30 not 2.8 just this because its new...

I know the headbolts/studs are bigger on the 26 (edited typo, thanks elite) so u would need to enlarge the holes in the head. And the vtc hole would need to be welded up in the head too. should be similar to building a 30/25 from what i can tell.

I think you meant to say the 26 head bolts/studs?

But yes, direct bolt up using an RB26 head gasket as long as you knock a 6mm blocker into the VCT oil gallery at the front of the head or weld it up and have the head refaced

Not really needing an unprofessional reply mates hand me over some proffesional advice like this weld you are talking abouti the vtc hole. Ya know the engine is gonna have to deal with serious heat in the summer especially because i am located in saudi arabia hot weather 50 degrees celcius in day time! Dont wanna destroy the engine or open it up every month like a cpu

Older block is not what i deserve...too old rusty block even if i give it toturnery and gonfor shot peening or sand blasting i dont think it will be superb...howabout dropping a supercar engine down there?

what have you done to this head exactly? are you sure its better then a 26 head? might be worth your while selling it and starting it again.

if you plan on sitting on the rev limiter and getting your "nagga" out for 1 minute at a time in 50deg heat you will need to open the engine after doing it the first time. You just cannot treat a RB engine like a 2j. they were built for performance not abuse.

if not send the engine to Abu Dhabi, I can put the 25 head on the 26 block for you.

what have you done to this head exactly? are you sure its better then a 26 head? might be worth your while selling it and starting it again.

if you plan on sitting on the rev limiter and getting your "nagga" out for 1 minute at a time in 50deg heat you will need to open the engine after doing it the first time. You just cannot treat a RB engine like a 2j. they were built for performance not abuse.

if not send the engine to Abu Dhabi, I can put the 25 head on the 26 block for you.

Totally willing to do that mate. But i am buying an n1 block...i want you to mix it it my head ya akhi....so n1 block rb26 with my rb25 head...i know it happens only in abu dhabi...as long as i become a certified engine expert after i finish my mba..

call me if you want to send the engine to Abu Dhabi, i can mod the head for you and get it ready if you like. It is totally possible to put the 25 head on the N1 block its just no one really ever does it because the 26 head is a better base to start from.

+971558452254

Cheers

First of all, the n1 block is in the inventory from nismo japan. But it is for an rb26. Second it is a new block, ever even sat in a brand new sports car you? Ever seen how a new soprtscar can rev smoothly at stock horsepower? Is available in bulk but i dont wanna give it away so the inventory may last till i finally have collected the funds..you can find it yourself but dont say it here..and what the hell you two on about rusty tongue this and rusty tongue that...shit ! Get a life, man i aint no arab. Freakshows! I am an expat like that aussie in abu dhabi up there....oops about spelling mistakes, i type real crappy coz i just bought this ipad and never used touch screen keyboard in my life ever before..

If you get a block honed to a fresh surface wouldn't that be like a new block? Why also would a new motor have 0 km cos it's a brand new engine that's why. The 30 block with a 25 head will smash the 26 block with tourqe and power

BMW used to leave their 1500hp 1.5L F1 blocks out the back of the factory to rust away for a while before they machined them, apparently it helps take the stresses out from the casting process. I also heard they would take a piss on them any chance they got. :whistling:

I agree, 3L block is the go, rusty or not. Find an old Patrol engine in the desert somewhere and send it to Guilt-Toy. :thumbsup:

BMW used to leave their 1500hp 1.5L F1 blocks out the back of the factory to rust away for a while before they machined them, apparently it helps take the stresses out from the casting process. I also heard they would take a piss on them any chance they got. :whistling:

I agree, 3L block is the go, rusty or not. Find an old Patrol engine in the desert somewhere and send it to Guilt-Toy. :thumbsup:

the BMW blocks were production blocks that had a minimum 100000 miles on them, would find them in wrecking yards throw the standard head in the bin and fit the F1 head/crank/rods/pistons etc

ever even sat in a brand new sports car you? Ever seen how a new soprtscar can rev smoothly at stock horsepower? Is available in bulk but i dont wanna give it away so the inventory may last till i finally have collected the funds..you can find it yourself but dont say it here..and what the hell you two on about rusty tongue this and rusty tongue that...shit ! Get a life, man i aint no arab. Freakshows! I am an expat like that aussie in abu dhabi up there....oops about spelling mistakes, i type real crappy coz i just bought this ipad and never used touch screen keyboard in my life ever before..

it may be that you 'Aint no arab' but you do sound like a complete twat whoever you are. 'even sat in a brand new sports car' don't even know what to say to this except that it is the most moronic question I have ever been asked on SAU. Good luck with your n1 block which will magically turn your car into a brand new sports car.