SAU Community

Back Pressure

yeah same. i drove a v8 BA falcon ute (the base model 220kw version). the pull from 1500rpm was spectacular. pulled as hard from 1500rpm to 3000rpm as hard as my 200kw r33 did from 4500rpm upwards. only downside was that without realising it you would be doing 15kmh over the limit with the slightest throttle variation. was good not having to change gears driving around town when you got to a hill though (was a manual). just kept it in 4th most of the time.

a few years back i had a 180sx (with turbo sr20) and the missus had a SSS pulsar (natro SSS). the 180 was great in the higher rev range, but out of our street (a slow corner up a bit of a hill) the missus would be a set of tail lights disappearing into the distance unless i dropped back to 1st gear and went through the corner at about 3500rpm. if i stayed in second then by the time i started to catch up she was already slowing down for the next corner (this wasn't really racing either, well not from her. she was just driving spiritedly, i was doing my best to try and keep up, LOL. she never even broke the speed limit).

There are very few people out there who waste money on purchasing and getting an aftermarket ECU tuned for a naturally aspirated Skyline.

I didn't mean that he should go buy aftermarket engine management, more suggesting a baseline timing adjustment via the CAS. Will be free providing he has a timing light and should get a nice little gain providing he is using 98 octane.

yeah same. i drove a v8 BA falcon ute (the base model 220kw version). the pull from 1500rpm was spectacular. pulled as hard from 1500rpm to 3000rpm as hard as my 200kw r33 did from 4500rpm upwards. only downside was that without realising it you would be doing 15kmh over the limit with the slightest throttle variation. was good not having to change gears driving around town when you got to a hill though (was a manual). just kept it in 4th most of the time.

a few years back i had a 180sx (with turbo sr20) and the missus had a SSS pulsar (natro SSS). the 180 was great in the higher rev range, but out of our street (a slow corner up a bit of a hill) the missus would be a set of tail lights disappearing into the distance unless i dropped back to 1st gear and went through the corner at about 3500rpm. if i stayed in second then by the time i started to catch up she was already slowing down for the next corner (this wasn't really racing either, well not from her. she was just driving spiritedly, i was doing my best to try and keep up, LOL. she never even broke the speed limit).

It's why I love my falcon...

Peak torque starting at roughly 2500RPM from memory...

I spend most of my time driving around town though below 2000RPM... If I feel like going some where quickly I rev it to 3000RPM... If I feel like having some fun I let it swing to redline... LOL

Torque and Response FTMFW!